not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

something afoot?

03 Mar 2020, 18:52

just had a txt off the area rep. it says ''the feeling is, something big is getting announced tomorrow. they've never pushed executive action the way they are, and never openly recruited strike breakers which they are. they way senior managers are acting in meetings at the moment is different. they've got something up their sleeve''? I sincerely hope this dodgey regime get the come-uppance they deserve. vote yes.

something afoot?

03 Mar 2020, 20:11

Be very surprised if RM are going to announce some big bad news in the middle of a ballot. If they do we need to be careful because that means 100% they want us out.

something afoot?

03 Mar 2020, 20:25

I have never seen a CEO so keen to trash His own companies share values and then buy so many.Also consider the fact that if the current situation with us is resolved the shares value will go up again swiftly and quite high I would think.

something afoot?

03 Mar 2020, 23:17

GRS wrote:Be very surprised if RM are going to announce some big bad news in the middle of a ballot. If they do we need to be careful because that means 100% they want us out.

I suspect the Employer knows what the ballot result is going to be.

Worrying thing is how much carnage can they cause by the end of March?

something afoot?

03 Mar 2020, 23:45

It already feels very different to previous disputes. With previous disputes you always had the feeling things would end with a negotiated settlement where both sides would get some of what they want in return for giving the other side some of what they want. This time Royal Mail appear to have no interest in negotiations. As far as they are concerned they are going to bring in the changes they want and they seem to believe they can negate the effect of any strike action by using casual labour. Worrying times.

something afoot?

03 Mar 2020, 23:50

To put it simply in the past you felt strike action or just the threat of strike action was enough to bring about a negotiated settlement. This time I really don’t think that is going to be the case.

something afoot?

03 Mar 2020, 23:55

I agree mate. They don't seem too bothered by the prospect. And if we do strike which I am in support of I just don't know what it will achieve with these maniacs in charge seeming to be intent on destroying the company.

something afoot?

03 Mar 2020, 23:59

Zicomurphy wrote:It already feels very different to previous disputes. With previous disputes you always had the feeling things would end with a negotiated settlement where both sides would get some of what they want in return for giving the other side some of what they want. This time Royal Mail appear to have no interest in negotiations. As far as they are concerned they are going to bring in the changes they want and they seem to believe they can negate the effect of any strike action by using casual labour. Worrying times.

It's a bit of a grey area these days whether they're allowed to use hired labour to cover strike action, so unsure about that. They certainly won't be able to carry out the job to the spec we do, so it will have an impact.
Any strike WILL affect business. That's one thing RM are telling you that IS true.
These days with the choice of other couriers, businesses can switch providers at the drop of a hat.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 00:02

jonson2121 wrote:I agree mate. They don't seem too bothered by the prospect. And if we do strike which I am in support of I just don't know what it will achieve with these maniacs in charge seeming to be intent on destroying the company.

Well the point is not the strike itself, it's to get round the negotiating table and come up with a fair and workable deal for everyone. We have to let RM know that their behaviour is unacceptable and unfair.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 05:38

But as others have said RM don’t seem bothered if we strike and if they do reveal some big bad news today then it’s as if they are encouraging us to. That in itself is worrying because then it could be a case of “ come back when you’re ready but on our new terms” eg 32 hours, no paid meal relief, minimum wage, new later start times etc etc. If we just sleep walk into this it is a disaster. Still it’s only a rumour so let’s see what happens over the next couple of days. I suspect it’s chinese whispers. Also the union (and many on here) say the ballot to get a yes vote is purely to get RM round the negotiation table and yet in the next breath say that RM have no interest in negotiation. Which is it? No wonder so many are confused.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 07:11

daveyeff wrote:and never openly recruited strike breakers which they are.

They did exactly this at Christmas though!

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 09:09

If we go on strike the big danger is RM will use it as an excuse to cut our terms and conditions, which I believe they want. Tough times ahead and I think there will redundancies but not on the current terms.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 09:23

Terry Pullinger mentioned on facebook yesterday that recruitment is for "Easter Pressure!"
https://www.facebook.com/Thecommunicati ... =2&theater

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 09:50

rogersh wrote:Terry Pullinger mentioned on facebook yesterday that recruitment is for "Easter Pressure!"
https://www.facebook.com/Thecommunicati ... =2&theater

That’s funny. There has never been Easter Pressure.Raise the bull sh1t flag

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 10:44

So have they announced anything?

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 11:03

I think people just need to calm down a bit :cuppa what you have to remember is RM is still and the only UK's postal service not a courier company so it can't be dismantled or just got rid of and as for this shower of shite at the top they are going to pull every trick in their crappy little books they can get away with and like Dave and Terry said this lot have never had to deal with a union as strong as the CWU before and let's say they get what they want how will that be implemented when you have a workforce that will not basically work for them I think this shower will be long gone before the union goes! I've listened to people (and rightly so) showing concerns that RM want to bankrupt the union but what you have to remember is this union is part of the TUC and it's very highly unlikely that that organisation will let that happen :hmmmm I've over the last 30+ years of working in RM have been in a fair few local and national disputes this one is different in the fact that executive action has been so strongly imposed which past management have never done! I do think we are in for a bit of a rough ride but stick with it :thumbup

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 12:30

Post69 wrote: I've over the last 30+ years of working in RM have been in a fair few local and national disputes this one is different in the fact that executive action has been so strongly imposed which past management have never done! I do think we are in for a bit of a rough ride but stick with it :thumbup

It is only worth taking industrial action and striking so losing pay if you believe that the odds are that we are going to gain in the long run.

RM seem more than happy for us to strike, and other than rhetoric from the incompetent union leadership I have heard nothing about what a "win" in the dispute would actually look like. I don't like what management are doing, but I don't believe that striking is likely to achieve anything this time. We have the timing all wrong.

All I can see is that we will eventually (before Christmas) settle for some very minor concessions and return to work congratulating ourselves on having fought a valiant fight, but we will each be several thousand pounds worse off in lost pay, and will also have made the case for Rico that the UK doesn't need a 6 days per week letters delivery service.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 13:09

Several thousands in lost pay? Losing eight hours is nothing to sneeze at but this is exaggerating.

I've been with RM since 1996. Even when you throw the week and half wildcat back in the early 2000s, I haven't lost anywhere near that due to striking.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 14:09

Schiff wrote:
Post69 wrote: RM seem more than happy for us to strike, and other than rhetoric from the incompetent union leadership .

Don’t be daft, they have been begging us for weeks to not go on strike with their visits and propaganda.

something afoot?

04 Mar 2020, 14:46

britwrit wrote:Several thousands in lost pay? Losing eight hours is nothing to sneeze at but this is exaggerating.

I've been with RM since 1996. Even when you throw the week and half wildcat back in the early 2000s, I haven't lost anywhere near that due to striking.

So you think one shift on strike and Royal Mail will cave in. I suspect that we will strike 2 or 3 days a weeks for 6 months and we will still have got nowhere.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2