not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Call off the strike

10 Mar 2020, 20:19

2yearpostie wrote:Just have a strike when the coranavirus stuff has gone and the backlog of parcels starts hitting us.


A ballot is only valid for six months.

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 19:46

Bunji youre prob a wind up merchant , but wait till youve been in the job 20/30 years . Body shot to pieces now knowing ricos gonna make this job impossible now . Prob wont be royal mail then as itl be destroyed by greed . Keep smiling bunji , cause itl

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 19:54

How is Rico making the job impossible?
The delivery span was supposed to be an enabler.
The only reason for having long delivery spans was and still is the union's obsession with maintaining full time jobs.
The writing was on the wall long ago.

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 19:56

Kirkz wrote:
red666bear wrote:With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.

What planet are you on? Love Island has killed more people in the UK than the Corona virus.

Here's an update:

Love Island deaths: 3
Coronavirus deaths in the UK as of March 14, 2020: 21

BBC News (March 14, 2020): Coronavirus: UK Deaths Double in 24 Hours
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51889957
Last edited by PostmanBitesDog on 14 Mar 2020, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 19:59

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
Kirkz wrote:
red666bear wrote:With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.

What planet are you on? Love Island has killed more people in the UK than the Corona virus.

You're being sarcastic, right? :Very Happy

Love Island deaths: 3
Coronavirus deaths in the UK as of March 14, 2020: 21

BBC News (March 14, 2020): Coronavirus: UK Deaths Double in 24 Hours
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51889957

Think someone had there say too soon..

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 20:00

aiden01 wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:
Kirkz wrote:
red666bear wrote:With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.

What planet are you on? Love Island has killed more people in the UK than the Corona virus.

You're being sarcastic, right? :Very Happy

Love Island deaths: 3
Coronavirus deaths in the UK as of March 14, 2020: 21

BBC News (March 14, 2020): Coronavirus: UK Deaths Double in 24 Hours
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51889957

Think someone had there say too soon..

And with many more deaths to come no doubt.

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 20:03

aiden01 wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:
Kirkz wrote:
red666bear wrote:With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.

What planet are you on? Love Island has killed more people in the UK than the Corona virus.

You're being sarcastic, right? :Very Happy

Love Island deaths: 3
Coronavirus deaths in the UK as of March 14, 2020: 21

BBC News (March 14, 2020): Coronavirus: UK Deaths Double in 24 Hours
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51889957

Think someone had there say too soon..

Yeah, I just realized that Kirkz posted his comment a couple of weeks ago, but since then the number of deaths in this country has risen quickly. So yes, he did say it too soon. :wink:

COVID-19.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PostmanBitesDog on 14 Mar 2020, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 20:07

clashcityrocker wrote:How is Rico making the job impossible?
The delivery span was supposed to be an enabler.
The only reason for having long delivery spans was and still is the union's obsession with maintaining full time jobs.
The writing was on the wall long ago.


The core delivery span of 7am to 7pm was agreed by the Union in the 4 pillars agreement.
The increase of individual delivery spans is not, and hence this WILL make the job harder and more stressful.

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 20:51

red666bear wrote:With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.


Have to say I agree to a point, the union should do the minimum to keep the industrial action mandate valid until things settle down with the Virus. The public will no doubt be relying on us more than ever if it gets worse.

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 21:57

the beautiful bd south wrote:
red666bear wrote:With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.


Have to say I agree to a point, the union should do the minimum to keep the industrial action mandate valid until things settle down with the Virus. The public will no doubt be relying on us more than ever if it gets worse.


Just another viewpoint here, but it could be the perfect opportunity to force RMs hand...are they going to back off?

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 22:13

ssdd wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:
red666bear wrote:With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.


Have to say I agree to a point, the union should do the minimum to keep the industrial action mandate valid until things settle down with the Virus. The public will no doubt be relying on us more than ever if it gets worse.


Just another viewpoint here, but it could be the perfect opportunity to force RMs hand...are they going to back off?

Very true but i think rm will push as far as they can with executie action an cwu seem powerless at the minite
. :be very very surprised if strike is announced anytime soon.. could be wrong though think we will get absolutely hammered from all quarters if we do strike.

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 22:19

Everyone on here goes about media this is about our terms and conditions it is not a public relations battle if they want a deal we will strike a deal but it must be a deal for all not just those who chose to live out of our nation and not pay tax on that whilst cleaners have to pay more tax than a millionaire it is not a demand but prerequisite this is a solution to his problem of staffing .

Call off the strike

14 Mar 2020, 22:30

k979aaa wrote:Everyone on here goes about media this is about our terms and conditions it is not a public relations battle if they want a deal we will strike a deal but it must be a deal for all not just those who chose to live out of our nation and not pay tax on that whilst cleaners have to pay more tax than a millionaire it is not a demand but prerequisite this is a solution to his problem of staffing .

What's tax got to do with OUR dispute?

Call off the strike

15 Mar 2020, 01:18

the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Everyone on here goes about media this is about our terms and conditions it is not a public relations battle if they want a deal we will strike a deal but it must be a deal for all not just those who chose to live out of our nation and not pay tax on that whilst cleaners have to pay more tax than a millionaire it is not a demand but prerequisite this is a solution to his problem of staffing .

What's tax got to do with OUR dispute?

inequality some don't earn enough to pay TAX while others spend millions avoiding it and the government has to spend billions caching up with them if they paid their share don't you think there would be more money for hospitals and like!

Call off the strike

15 Mar 2020, 07:05

ssdd wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:How is Rico making the job impossible?
The delivery span was supposed to be an enabler.
The only reason for having long delivery spans was and still is the union's obsession with maintaining full time jobs.
The writing was on the wall long ago.


The core delivery span of 7am to 7pm was agreed by the Union in the 4 pillars agreement.
The increase of individual delivery spans is not, and hence this WILL make the job harder and more stressful.

No - the use of the word "enabler" comes from the BT 2010 agreement.
Each office had the choice when doing a revision to decide what worked best for them.
You either maintained a "predominantly" full time workforce and extended the delivery span or you accepted a shorter delivery span and a higher percentage of part time jobs in your unit.
Despite the evidence of the musculo skeletal report the focus of the CWU was in protecting full time employment and hence a longer delivery span. It wasn't and isn't sustainable.
The agreements went from a 75/25 full-time to part-time split to simply being a predominantly full time workforce.
As the letter traffic decreases and the automation increases full time employment becomes harder to sustain.

The CWU never insisted on a delivery span cap because it limits the opportunities for full time employment. (and hence full time subs he adds cynically)

Call off the strike

15 Mar 2020, 10:58

k979aaa wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Everyone on here goes about media this is about our terms and conditions it is not a public relations battle if they want a deal we will strike a deal but it must be a deal for all not just those who chose to live out of our nation and not pay tax on that whilst cleaners have to pay more tax than a millionaire it is not a demand but prerequisite this is a solution to his problem of staffing .

What's tax got to do with OUR dispute?

inequality some don't earn enough to pay TAX while others spend millions avoiding it and the government has to spend billions caching up with them if they paid their share don't you think there would be more money for hospitals and like!

That is a political issue Nothing to do with our dispute..

Call off the strike

15 Mar 2020, 18:30

the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Everyone on here goes about media this is about our terms and conditions it is not a public relations battle if they want a deal we will strike a deal but it must be a deal for all not just those who chose to live out of our nation and not pay tax on that whilst cleaners have to pay more tax than a millionaire it is not a demand but prerequisite this is a solution to his problem of staffing .

What's tax got to do with OUR dispute?

inequality some don't earn enough to pay TAX while others spend millions avoiding it and the government has to spend billions caching up with them if they paid their share don't you think there would be more money for hospitals and like!

That is a political issue Nothing to do with our dispute..

I think you will find they are linked and those who bank roll the conservatives are the worst offenders!

Call off the strike

15 Mar 2020, 18:33

k979aaa wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Everyone on here goes about media this is about our terms and conditions it is not a public relations battle if they want a deal we will strike a deal but it must be a deal for all not just those who chose to live out of our nation and not pay tax on that whilst cleaners have to pay more tax than a millionaire it is not a demand but prerequisite this is a solution to his problem of staffing .

What's tax got to do with OUR dispute?

inequality some don't earn enough to pay TAX while others spend millions avoiding it and the government has to spend billions caching up with them if they paid their share don't you think there would be more money for hospitals and like!

That is a political issue Nothing to do with our dispute..

I think you will find they are linked and those who bank roll the conservatives are the worst offenders!

Explain to me how winning this dispute will change our Tax system???
IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR DISPUTE. IT'S POLITICAL
We are not in dispute with the government

Call off the strike

15 Mar 2020, 18:55

the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Everyone on here goes about media this is about our terms and conditions it is not a public relations battle if they want a deal we will strike a deal but it must be a deal for all not just those who chose to live out of our nation and not pay tax on that whilst cleaners have to pay more tax than a millionaire it is not a demand but prerequisite this is a solution to his problem of staffing .

What's tax got to do with OUR dispute?

inequality some don't earn enough to pay TAX while others spend millions avoiding it and the government has to spend billions caching up with them if they paid their share don't you think there would be more money for hospitals and like!

That is a political issue Nothing to do with our dispute..

I think you will find they are linked and those who bank roll the conservatives are the worst offenders!

Explain to me how winning this dispute will change our Tax system???
IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR DISPUTE. IT'S POLITICAL
We are not in dispute with the government

Just a tax dodger who bank rolls the conservative party

Call off the strike

15 Mar 2020, 19:03

k979aaa wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Everyone on here goes about media this is about our terms and conditions it is not a public relations battle if they want a deal we will strike a deal but it must be a deal for all not just those who chose to live out of our nation and not pay tax on that whilst cleaners have to pay more tax than a millionaire it is not a demand but prerequisite this is a solution to his problem of staffing .

What's tax got to do with OUR dispute?

inequality some don't earn enough to pay TAX while others spend millions avoiding it and the government has to spend billions caching up with them if they paid their share don't you think there would be more money for hospitals and like!

That is a political issue Nothing to do with our dispute..

I think you will find they are linked and those who bank roll the conservatives are the worst offenders!

Explain to me how winning this dispute will change our Tax system???
IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR DISPUTE. IT'S POLITICAL
We are not in dispute with the government

Just a tax dodger who bank rolls the conservative party

Ok you win, if we win this dispute the tax system will change

Previous page Next page


Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4