not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 23:36

So I said to my colleague with 12 years service, "Are you going to strike?"
"Yeah but I can't afford to"
"So why are you striking?"
"Don't really know, haven't read anything but everyone else is - might have to go sick"
Really nice bloke and isn't it a shame.
I'm not going to strike as I believe things have to move forward, and the world changes and I get to walk outside visiting people who are pleased to see you - and they pay me for it, brilliant.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 23:39

bunji wrote:So I said to my colleague with 12 years service, "Are you going to strike?"
"Yeah but I can't afford to"
"So why are you striking?"
"Don't really know, haven't read anything but everyone else is - might have to go sick"
Really nice bloke and isn't it a shame.
I'm not going to strike as I believe things have to move forward, and the world changes and I get to walk outside visiting people who are pleased to see you - and they pay me for it, brilliant.

how long have you been in the job ?

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 23:40

Does it matter

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 23:46

you said things have to move forward and you wont be striking. If you have been in the job a while you might be better educated in making that choice. If we don't strike and royal mail plans go ahead new starts will be the first out the door.

Call off the strike

04 Mar 2020, 00:07

Ok I have been in a year, I think it is a great job, the people I work with are brilliant, I laugh most of the morning when sorting and I get to walk outside where people are pleased to see me. As far as I am aware we are told there are no compulsory redundancies. I have been in far worse positions and I know change is hard for some but sometimes not all bad.

Call off the strike

04 Mar 2020, 00:18

bunji wrote:...As far as I am aware we are told there are no compulsory redundancies...

CONDITIONAL upon the unachievable plan being carried out.

Call off the strike

04 Mar 2020, 07:42

Peoples naivety on this forum is astonishing.Please find out Royal Mails plans before You vote .A no vote will be a disaster for You.

Call off the strike

04 Mar 2020, 08:44

If you believe in RMs plan, ask them how many parcels they want delivering in the afternoon per hour.

They won’t tell you, because they know it needs to be 20-22 to be competitive against Hermes/Yodel, and they know that when it doesn’t work out, we’ll already be entrenched in the new plan, and the only solution will be to bring on a casual/worse-off workforce to correct the balance on the spreadsheet.

All revealed by Davie Robertson.

RM supporters - tell me why I’m wrong.

Call off the strike

07 Mar 2020, 05:07

Why are we striking is a more pertainat point the Fact they reneged on a pay deal 18 months ago and did not consult with the union it is as if they wanted to by pass them don't for get this a reduction of hours for full time staff and and a pay increasing of 2.65% for all part time staff. And how can anyone trust these people any more and their own credibility has been shot to pieces as they try to extract themselves from a hole at your expense and time with your time and effort whist they do little other than plan about eradicating us all . Sorry but the op must think we are a bunch of sheep to be herded by his management fantasises and those of his leaders who will promise the earth and deliver bugger all!

Call off the strike

09 Mar 2020, 14:43

dandydon wrote:
red666bear wrote:With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.

Give me a break - pathetic.

Coronavirus - one of the most overblown/overhyped stories i have heard in years - fuelled by social and mainstream media.

Tell that to the families who have lost loved ones.

Call off the strike

09 Mar 2020, 19:50

cpsteve wrote:
dandydon wrote:
red666bear wrote:With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.

Coronavirus - one of the most overblown/overhyped stories i have heard in years - fuelled by social and mainstream media.

Both families?
More people were stabbed to death in London over the weekend.
More people killed by RTC's each day than the Corvid 19 virus.
It's all political bollox.

Call off the strike

09 Mar 2020, 20:39

There are some people who always hide their true fear by pretending to themselves at least that a threat is exaggerated or overblown or part of a conspiracy.

It's a coping strategy similar to cognitive avoidance sometimes known as Ostrich syndrome.

Call off the strike

09 Mar 2020, 20:43

Woody Guthrie wrote:There are some people who always hide their true fear by pretending to themselves at least that a threat is exaggerated or overblown or part of a conspiracy.

It's a coping strategy similar to cognitive avoidance sometimes known as Ostrich syndrome.

PMSL.

Call off the strike

10 Mar 2020, 10:01

If someone has a different position to you please respect their right to have differing views, and enjoy yourself when picking holes in their position in a constructive way.

Call off the strike

10 Mar 2020, 11:31

Kirkz wrote:
cpsteve wrote:
dandydon wrote:

Both families?
More people were stabbed to death in London over the weekend.
More people killed by RTC's each day than the Corvid 19 virus.
It's all political bollox.

Try 4000 and rising. Its a real problem and we all have to adjust our lives its not wise for anyone with health problems to use public transport or go to crowded areas, people will not have any sympathy for us when they are reading about thousands of deaths. We are having our vote at a bad time for everyone including us because the packet market has shrunk due to the virus, competitors will take contracts off of us so the long term damage may cost us more jobs then the changes R/M want.

Call off the strike

10 Mar 2020, 12:46

My personal view is that while the strike will, and perhaps should be, suspended if the Covid19 Endemic really does start hitting hard, as individuals we need to vote not on what might happen but on what the issues are about.

So vote for the strike (or not it's your choice) based on your judgement of the issues within Royal Mail, but don't be surprised if the strikes are suspended in the National Interest.

Call off the strike

10 Mar 2020, 15:43

the way things are going we may not be required in the work place for a period of time anyway. I see BA are offering their staff unpaid holidays. I know its an industry directly affected but might not be long before it has a real knock on effect on our jobs too. At least if we postpone our strike action and really publicise our willingness to act in the interests of the country etc it may help us in the long run to gain the backing of the public.

Call off the strike

10 Mar 2020, 16:49

Royal mail are still goin after our terms and conditions even if thousands die. The strike dates can be decided after the vote. IF YES.

Call off the strike

10 Mar 2020, 17:06

charlatans wrote:Royal mail are still goin after our terms and conditions even if thousands die. The strike dates can be decided after the vote. IF YES.

Exactly, were all going to be off sick anyway at the rate it’s spreading and with us coming into contact with a lot of people.

Call off the strike

10 Mar 2020, 17:40

Just have a strike when the coranavirus stuff has gone and the backlog of parcels starts hitting us.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4