not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Begging Letter From Rico Back

02 Mar 2020, 21:21

Got the letter today with the accompanying leaflet. So 2% per year for the next 3 years and that's CONDITIONAL on the Sacred Plan being carried out.

All the commitments you're making to us? Again CONDITIONAL.

So assuming we, even in an act of desperation, were to vote for this, you can just decide that we're not implementing the plan quick enough and renege on the deal?

Also, what do you mean by 'speedier, simpler dispute resolution procedures with CWU'?
And 'reviewing local attendance patterns and adjust where needed'? saying 'the work is there when you are there'.
Are you actually trying to say 'you are there when the work is there'?

Let me have a think about it Rico..........I'll get back to you..............promise.......

02 Mar 2020, 21:38

ssdd wrote:Got the letter today with the accompanying leaflet. So 2% per year for the next 3 years and that's CONDITIONAL on the Sacred Plan being carried out.

All the commitments you're making to us? Again CONDITIONAL.

So assuming we, even in an act of desperation, were to vote for this, you can just decide that we're not implementing the plan quick enough and renege on the deal?

Also, what do you mean by 'speedier, simpler dispute resolution procedures with CWU'?
And 'reviewing local attendance patterns and adjust where needed'? saying 'the work is there when you are there'.
Are you actually trying to say 'you are there when the work is there'?

Let me have a think about it Rico..........I'll get back to you..............promise.......

Or, could just have a load of compulsory redundancy like most companies would.

02 Mar 2020, 22:15

bunji wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bunji wrote:I thought it was a good sensible letter

Thats good, but care to expand on why and particularly which parts stood out for you.

Things have got to change to compete, no one losing their job, bit of a pay rise, no zero hour contracts. I may be a bit naive but see how others have it- I may be wrong as I am quite new but have come from far worse

The first point to make is that we are always changing and evolving. Our attendance has changed, our working hours have changed, the way we deliver has changed, the amount of parcels we deliver has significantly changed. I agree we also need to adapt to new ways of working to handle more parcels but the way Royal Mail are going about it by forcing through changes via Executive Action is not the way forward. Anyone can say that there will be no zero hour contracts or compulsory redundancies but until it has been agreed with the Union, it would be very naive to accept the Royal Mail's word on this. The CWU simply wants some assurances on this preferably with some sort of legal binding agreement with Royal Mail. This dispute is not about pay; its about the Royal Mail honouring previous agreements and to not give us any bull by telling us that its now unaffordable when they are prepared to spend billions on new parcel hubs that will directly affect our working lives.

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3