not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Job losses

03 Mar 2020, 21:54

Dunno mate. Sure there are 1000 people in that office but it's the number they are looking to get rid of you should look at. At mail centres they are having bigger losses because of the machines being removed but royal mail have said they wanted rid of 40 and had 40 vrs. The union said it's more like 100 losses at that office tho. Worst case scenario it's 40 in 100. In smaller delivery offices they won't offer anywhere near that ratio but they will still need folk to deliver mail. In my office of 35 duties I would expect maybe 4 vrs. Not much bearing in mind floaters and reserves. It's not that first phase that worries me. It's what happens if the union is telling the truth about the USO later in the year and they decide to get rid of the reserves. These managers are going around telling us there will be vrs and natural wastage and it will all be fine. But our guy said ofcom want us to go to a 4 or 5 day week. I thought it was royal mail that wanted that. I thought Rico was at court for that. One side is telling lies.
In a company that only employs 100000 odd people it would be nice to get straight honest truth for once and not have to deal with politics as well. But as an (albeit small time) investor I can see both sides have cash to lose. Talks should be in open in future. Minutes.

Job losses

04 Mar 2020, 07:29

Ali831 wrote:
tractorboy2 wrote:Would you have to pay tax on all of it ???

Upto £30,000 would be tax free

So just to be clear if they say, for example, a VR offer of 30 weeks pay, then you would receive 30 weeks gross pay? Or 30 weeks net pay after tax and NI deductions?

Job losses

04 Mar 2020, 08:07

wacko74 wrote:
Ali831 wrote:

So just to be clear if they say, for example, a VR offer of 30 weeks pay, then you would receive 30 weeks gross pay? Or 30 weeks net pay after tax and NI deductions?

Redundancy payments upto £30,000 are calculated on gross pay and exempt from tax and national insurance. However, any holiday pay etc you may be owed is subject to tax and NI as normal

Job losses

04 Mar 2020, 11:45

Ali831 wrote:
wacko74 wrote:
Ali831 wrote:

Redundancy payments upto £30,000 are calculated on gross pay and exempt from tax and national insurance. However, any holiday pay etc you may be owed is subject to tax and NI as normal

The reason I ask , if you would pay tax on all of it ( I know the first £30k is tax free) is I read somewhere that if there isn't a genuine head count reduction then tax would be liable on the full amount.
So if VRs are given and those workers are replaced then they may get a bill from the taxman.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2