not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

RMtv : Trading update : Ricky McAulay on The CWU ballot : Future of letters and parcels

25 Feb 2020, 00:42

britwrit wrote:Just get rid of work-time learning. That's a half-hour right there.

Work time learning is for OUR benefit - its half an hour spent sitting on our arses rather than walking the streets

What do you think theyd replace that half hour with?

RMtv : Trading update : Ricky McAulay on The CWU ballot : Future of letters and parcels

25 Feb 2020, 05:05

Acca Dacca wrote:
britwrit wrote:Just get rid of work-time learning. That's a half-hour right there.

Work time learning is for OUR benefit - its half an hour spent sitting on our arses rather than walking the streets

If they got rid of it, all they'd need to do is find another 30 minutes out of the week to reduce it.

Would you rather be sitting around at work or at home?

25 Feb 2020, 16:53

britwrit wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:

If they got rid of it, all they'd need to do is find another 30 minutes out of the week to reduce it.

Would you rather be sitting around at work or at home?

I'd rather spend half an hour sitting on my arse watching lies than doing half an hour extra lapsing

Do away with WTL and what will the part timers have in place of it? More outdoor work thats what.

03 Mar 2020, 16:51

Had a bloke down from RM this morning to give us a talk and sell their vision for the future. One of the things he said was that they really want to substantially grow the amount of smaller packets the business handles and grab the work away from DPD,Yodel etc. He said that by losing larger parcels to the nearest LAT office this growth in smaller items that the walking postmen would handle will protect our jobs. Anyone else had this put to them?

03 Mar 2020, 18:04

GRS wrote:Had a bloke down from RM this morning to give us a talk and sell their vision for the future. One of the things he said was that they really want to substantially grow the amount of smaller packets the business handles and grab the work away from DPD,Yodel etc. He said that by losing larger parcels to the nearest LAT office this growth in smaller items that the walking postmen would handle will protect our jobs. Anyone else had this put to them?

I've seen mentions of I think it was 100 selections on a PSM. It's probably not too much of a stretch to have PSMs sort down to walk level or at least down to a batch of walks. When small packets are being sorted to walks in DOs, typically do you have a drop bag frame with a bag for each walk or do you have a primary setup where you sort to a batch of walks then a secondary setup for each batch where you sort down to walks?

03 Mar 2020, 18:23

Why didn't management think about the structural changes before they decided to make us a parcels company?
Now all these years on apparently it's our fault the company is failing because we're all lazy greedy posties.
They never looked at all the free time we all gave them back in the day when we all came in early and worked through our meal breaks, they just said Oh you're all finishing early so you must not be doing enough.
Now it's all coming back to bite them on the arse and they still can't see why.
The sooner we all show the greedy part time CEO that we're not going to fall for his smoke and mirrors tricks and give him a bloody nose with a massive YES vote the better.
Productivity is a two way street not just an I'm right you're wrong because I'm the boss thing.

03 Mar 2020, 20:08

SpacePhoenix wrote:
GRS wrote:Had a bloke down from RM this morning to give us a talk and sell their vision for the future. One of the things he said was that they really want to substantially grow the amount of smaller packets the business handles and grab the work away from DPD,Yodel etc. He said that by losing larger parcels to the nearest LAT office this growth in smaller items that the walking postmen would handle will protect our jobs. Anyone else had this put to them?

I've seen mentions of I think it was 100 selections on a PSM. It's probably not too much of a stretch to have PSMs sort down to walk level or at least down to a batch of walks. When small packets are being sorted to walks in DOs, typically do you have a drop bag frame with a bag for each walk or do you have a primary setup where you sort to a batch of walks then a secondary setup for each batch where you sort down to walks?

In my office it’s primary sorting only. Not big enough to have secondary sorting.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2