not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

This will not be a popular post

01 Mar 2020, 11:57

Ren Hoëk wrote:How on earth did this thread become about race? My understanding of Terry's comments regarding Rico's nationality was to emphasise his distance both culturally and physically from the distance and thus having no connection to a much loved national institution what so ever. Making it easier for him to callously rip it apart, take the profits, and f**k off.

Our fight it with the leadership, Not migrants. Lets focus on the things that concern us.

Well said Ren :Applause I agree. I think it was more about the distance & culture, rather than nationality. Looking at most Top Level Jobs in the UK. It seems we're unable to provide Home Grown Competent CEOs.... i.e The Bank of ENGLAND! :cuppa

01 Mar 2020, 12:04

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Moya was Canadian.
Adam Crozier was Scottish.
Alan Leighton was English.
Can you see the connection?
No, neither can I.

Apart from the Fact that they were all on Short Term Contracts.

Had No Interest what so ever with the Long Term Growth of the Company, or it's Employees.

And were just in it to make a Fast Buck.... and then Bugger Off to Greener Pastures. (Apart from Moya because she was already Greene :Very Happy ) :cuppa

01 Mar 2020, 16:29

and she still lives here.

02 Mar 2020, 01:15

Just to go back on topic, we can blame the management and/or union all we want but in my office (and I’m sure nationwide) we aren’t helping ourselves.

This week I’ve covered a round. Every day I’ve started on my time (but been sat in the canteen 15mins before my start due to the time my bus gets me to work). Every day without fail as I walk to the canteen everyone is already at the frame already having chucked a few trays in. I’m the only one out of 19 people starting on my time. I’m PT, a newbie, we often get a bad press for not doing the job properly. There’s about 500 years of Royal Mail experience stood at those frames working for free.

One of the days I even had a line manager ring me to see why I wasn’t in - I told him we don’t start while X o’clock. He replied ‘yes but most people like to get a head start.’ Unbelievable.

If things fall apart, it’s not just the union and managers we should blame.

02 Mar 2020, 17:38

HTPostman wrote:Just to go back on topic, we can blame the management and/or union all we want but in my office (and I’m sure nationwide) we aren’t helping ourselves.

This week I’ve covered a round. Every day I’ve started on my time (but been sat in the canteen 15mins before my start due to the time my bus gets me to work). Every day without fail as I walk to the canteen everyone is already at the frame already having chucked a few trays in. I’m the only one out of 19 people starting on my time. I’m PT, a newbie, we often get a bad press for not doing the job properly. There’s about 500 years of Royal Mail experience stood at those frames working for free.

One of the days I even had a line manager ring me to see why I wasn’t in - I told him we don’t start while X o’clock. He replied ‘yes but most people like to get a head start.’ Unbelievable.

This 100%

From what I can see, a large chunk of the workforce is still stuck in the mindset of "job and finish", starting early, skipping van checks, skipping their breaks, cutting every corner imaginable, just so they can get home earlier.

Not only is it going to be a major shock to the system for them when clocking in and out is implemented. But RM are building a huge cache of data against us, and they're coming for those hours, those posties making their own efficiency savings by not doing the job properly. RM are coming for those hours, but they're assuming you're doing the job to standard.

02 Mar 2020, 23:58

Had our ambassador meeting the other day. She told us Rico has so much money that he would "rather run the company into the ground than lose to the union :crazy:" Quite an alarming thing to hear to be honest. I read it as either RM are desperate to avoid a strike OR This time Rm are going to "break" the union. Not good.

03 Mar 2020, 06:24

Edward Hunter wrote:Had our ambassador meeting the other day. She told us Rico has so much money that he would "rather run the company into the ground than lose to the union :crazy:" Quite an alarming thing to hear to be honest. I read it as either RM are desperate to avoid a strike OR This time Rm are going to "break" the union. Not good.

Im sure the local gutter press would love to publish a headline like that. Im sure Rico's shareholders would like to hear about it also.

03 Mar 2020, 07:05

Edward Hunter wrote:Had our ambassador meeting the other day. She told us Rico has so much money that he would "rather run the company into the ground than lose to the union :crazy:" Quite an alarming thing to hear to be honest. I read it as either RM are desperate to avoid a strike OR This time Rm are going to "break" the union. Not good.

Scare tactics.

03 Mar 2020, 11:35

That does not surprise me as a rule multi millionaires dont care how they get what they want as long as they get it.

03 Mar 2020, 13:05

Murdoch wrote:
HTPostman wrote:Just to go back on topic, we can blame the management and/or union all we want but in my office (and I’m sure nationwide) we aren’t helping ourselves.

This 100%

From what I can see, a large chunk of the workforce is still stuck in the mindset of "job and finish", starting early, skipping van checks, skipping their breaks, cutting every corner imaginable, just so they can get home earlier.

Not only is it going to be a major shock to the system for them when clocking in and out is implemented. But RM are building a huge cache of data against us, and they're coming for those hours, those posties making their own efficiency savings by not doing the job properly. RM are coming for those hours, but they're assuming you're doing the job to standard.

I wouldn’t mind, each to their own etc, but on one of the days after I’d been in just 20mins throwing in I noticed one of the ones who’d started about an hour before their time was tieing up. I said to her ‘you might just want to wait as I’m nowhere near getting my packets yet’.....her response was ‘why don’t you hurry up then.’

Maybe I’m just a goody two shoes but on the odd occasion I’m way ahead of others, which is very rare as I start on my time and don’t work for free, I’ll get their packet york for them, have a quick look through, take their missorts up to the front etc. Last thing I’d do is tell someone to hurry up for starting on their time then sit on my frame for half an hour before my break swinging my legs and talking to people.

Sadly I don’t think we’ll ever break this mindset, and like I say management can be blamed for a top down borderline bullying style, we can blame the union for not hiring the best lawyers in the land to ensure the strikes go ahead, but for gods sake let’s look at ourselves and take some responsibility for all the corners we cut and hours we give away for free!

03 Mar 2020, 16:33

RM could break the union tomorrow if it suited them.
All they would need to do is withdraw payroll support for the payment of your subs.

That would force the union into writing to every single member and asking them to set up a direct debit. Notwithstanding the immediate loss of subscriptions until it was set up how many members would they lose because they couldn't be arsed?

So people need to remember that fact when they think that unions and employers are sworn enemies. The business needs the union and the union needs the business and a lot of this sabre rattling is just posturing.

03 Mar 2020, 16:42

I think she’s spouting a crock of s**t there. In fact the more you think about it the more absurd it becomes. What is an embassador meeting anyway.......whoever she was needs reporting as I’m sure what she said isn’t part of her remit.

03 Mar 2020, 17:21

At mine the guy said they are going too implement the changes no matter what. He also said the average age of the work force is over 50. If they can't do the walk no more they can do the packets. If packets ain't acceptable then they are out of a job. On my planet that sounds like ageism :hmmmm

03 Mar 2020, 17:44

Nearly all of our office refused to go to the speech; guy was furious. :Very Happy

03 Mar 2020, 17:59

Woody Guthrie wrote:

RM could break the union tomorrow if it suited them.
All they would need to do is withdraw payroll support for the payment of your subs.

That would force the union into writing to every single member and asking them to set up a direct debit. Notwithstanding the immediate loss of subscriptions until it was set up how many members would they lose because they couldn't be arsed?

So people need to remember that fact when they think that unions and employers are sworn enemies. The business needs the union and the union needs the business and a lot of this sabre rattling is just posturing.

if that was the case they would've done it.

03 Mar 2020, 19:37

Who do you think processes your union subs?
We (the union) even pay them to do it.

03 Mar 2020, 19:42

Woody Guthrie wrote:

Who do you think processes your union subs?
We (the union) even pay them to do it.

that being the case then why didn't they stop the subs before the last few strikes we had which ended up costing them millions. instead of taking us to court and risk losing, just stop the subs. destroy the union and they wouldn't need to pay us nearly 12 quid an hour. no union would mean they could run the company as they see fit. paying us the same as Hermes, or DHL.

03 Mar 2020, 19:58

daveyeff wrote:that being the case then why didn't they stop the subs before the last few strikes we had which ended up costing them millions. instead of taking us to court and risk losing, just stop the subs. destroy the union and they wouldn't need to pay us nearly 12 quid an hour. no union would mean they could run the company as they see fit. paying us the same as Hermes, or DHL.

Because they need the union as much as the union needs them.
Why do you think RM pays out millions for full time release reps?

Hermes makes 30 million profit.

03 Mar 2020, 20:00

The relationship is symbiotic.
There is the word for the day.

03 Mar 2020, 20:03

I do not believe it one 'scintilla' there's another word.

Previous page Next page

Page 7 of 10   1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10