not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Fact-checking from The CWU that needs to be fact-checked.

09 Feb 2020, 15:49

1:Did we make the savings as per the 4 pillars agreement?

2:Yes it's bad but you want to sit in a room with him but all you do is take the piss out of him on social media!

3:How many % of total employees?

Rule of thumb, if you're gonna fact-check actually fact-check and stop embarrassing us with your social media s**t, look at what happened last time.

09 Feb 2020, 16:47

I think with regards to point number 1 when the 4 pillars agreement was reached a lot of us looked at the strings attached to the second hour of the SWW and figured the chances of it happening were slim.

Personally I don't think either party really went into the trials in good faith so I don't really feel 'owed'.

2. I couldn't give a toss where Rico decides to invest his money but I think if he was selling 500k and buying Amazon shares the union might have more of a point.

3. I'm not sure if voting for Industrial Action and supporting your union is the same as rejecting their 'vision'. Seems like a bit of a stretch. Personally I'll always support my union in a ballot, what does that mean?

09 Feb 2020, 16:58

How many members are part time?
They aren't owed an hour off the working week.
Have they been forgotten yet again.

09 Feb 2020, 17:16

I don't care if he buys shares in RM at rock bottom prices. As far as I know, the board/CEO have to show they have 'faith' in the company by buying shares in the company they represent, even if the price is falling like a pair of lead knickers. From the city/investors point of view.....if the board/CEO are not buying any shares, why should we invest?

I support the union, but I feel they have left things a little late in calling for a new ballot. I *personally* feel they the Yes vote will not be as high as before.

09 Feb 2020, 17:23

Part timers get the equivalent of (roughly) a 2.5% pay rise as our hourly rate goes up with the introduction of the SWW so they are not being forgotten.

09 Feb 2020, 17:46

mozilla wrote:Part timers get the equivalent of (roughly) a 2.5% pay rise as our hourly rate goes up with the introduction of the SWW so they are not being forgotten.

I know that but It doesn't say that though does it.
It says our members are owed an hour off the working week.

09 Feb 2020, 17:53

Royal Mail plc (RMG.L) today announces its results for the half year ended 29 September 2019 - CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER'S REVIEW

We have honoured the 2018 Agreement. We awarded two pay increases (five per cent and two per cent respectively). We implemented the first hour's reduction of the Shorter Working Week, although we did not obtain all the cost saving measures to pay for it. Taking all these together, our frontline colleagues have seen base pay increase by 10 per cent in two years.

As previously posted the actual pay increase was from April 2017, So 10 (9.6%) per cent in three years.

I see no discrepancy in 97.1% members who are Royal Mail employees.
Last edited by rogersh on 09 Feb 2020, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

09 Feb 2020, 18:19

I am sure the CWU are well intentioned but I do worry that the decision makers are not a match for their counterparts at the head of RM.

09 Feb 2020, 20:45

1. I've never been a fan of the SWW but I fully expected Royal Mail to honour it regardless. Gee, haven't Royal Mail spent enough paying off Moya's management team with redundancy packages and then replacing them with new fat cats on decent salaries??

2. Rico has got plenty of money to burn.

3. In previous strikes it didn't really matter about the % of CWU members to the total workforce. I wasn't a member of a Union years ago, yet I (like the majority of others) didn't cross the picket line and go in and work when there was a strike.

09 Feb 2020, 21:27

postslippete wrote:1. I've never been a fan of the SWW but I fully expected Royal Mail to honour it regardless. Gee, haven't Royal Mail spent enough paying off Moya's management team with redundancy packages and then replacing them with new fat cats on decent salaries??

3. In previous strikes it didn't really matter about the % of CWU members to the total workforce. I wasn't a member of a Union years ago, yet I (like the majority of others) didn't cross the picket line and go in and work when there was a strike.

As its previously been said it could be worse he could be selling his shares rather than buying more..

09 Feb 2020, 22:32

postslippete wrote:1. I've never been a fan of the SWW but I fully expected Royal Mail to honour it regardless. Gee, haven't Royal Mail spent enough paying off Moya's management team with redundancy packages and then replacing them with new fat cats on decent salaries??

1. Have the savings been made to finance the SWW?

Or are they stuck in 700/800 Stage 3 disagreements around the country.

09 Feb 2020, 22:37

aiden01 wrote:

As its previously been said it could be worse he could be selling his shares rather than buying more..

Vested interests where you put your own money in and can influence is usually called corruption or match fixing is it not? whilst we earn our shares by our service and cannot sell them without the tax repercussions others buy them and influence the direction of the business for their own ends. It is a bit like the kid who sold you sandwiches at school made by his mother for 50p he made a profit went off and branched out and sell crisps too and drugs next thing he has a protection racket and a gun but buy the drugs this is how modern day capitalism works!

11 Feb 2020, 11:24

Oops.jpg

Proper union values..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

11 Feb 2020, 15:34

It's all got a bit sad and pathetic playing this out on social media.
It's playground stuff, I'm embarrassed for them.
If this is the level of the negotiations in the actual room we're all screwed.
Next up.
'Your mum's so fat' .... and the classic 'My dad can kick the s**t out your dad'.

11 Feb 2020, 15:46

Your mam is so fat she has mayonnaise with aspirin

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2