not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Update from DGSP Terry Pullinger following the announcement late yesterday from Royal Mail.

09 Feb 2020, 15:37

Update from DGSP Terry Pullinger following the announcement late yesterday from Royal Mail.

09 Feb 2020, 18:23

Think pullinger needs to take a chill pill before he takes a heart attack.

09 Feb 2020, 20:22

Clearly, the pay rises are going to be the initial crumbs that Royal Mail are offering in return for them to proceed with the massive transformation of the business. Funny how the Royal Mail say that an hour off the working week will cost them £100 million, yet they have somehow got £1.8 billion to invest in the new parcel hubs and automation. :hmmmm

09 Feb 2020, 21:17

postslippete wrote:Clearly, the pay rises are going to be the initial crumbs that Royal Mail are offering in return for them to proceed with the massive transformation of the business. Funny how the Royal Mail say that an hour off the working week will cost them £100 million, yet they have somehow got £1.8 billion to invest in the new parcel hubs and automation. :hmmmm

True but the sww was due to efficency savings which where not made so why are the leadership pursuing it as part of the ballot :hmmmm

10 Feb 2020, 00:27

aiden01 wrote:
postslippete wrote:Clearly, the pay rises are going to be the initial crumbs that Royal Mail are offering in return for them to proceed with the massive transformation of the business. Funny how the Royal Mail say that an hour off the working week will cost them £100 million, yet they have somehow got £1.8 billion to invest in the new parcel hubs and automation. :hmmmm

True but the sww was due to efficency savings which where not made so why are the leadership pursuing it as part of the ballot :hmmmm

Maybe when they come for your job it will be OK and hunky dory for you. Some guy on here was just told his job is gone and he did not no anything else about it. Think on aiden01 it could be you next.

10 Feb 2020, 02:07

k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

Maybe when they come for your job it will be OK and hunky dory for you. Some guy on here was just told his job is gone and he did not no anything else about it. Think on aiden01 it could be you next.

With the strategy that RM are looking to implement a good % of the job loses will be in MCs when MCs loose all Tracked and all large non Tracked to the hubs and PSMs come in

10 Feb 2020, 09:22

k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

Again where the savings made to implement the sww answer the question please.

10 Feb 2020, 09:23

I for one don't need or want a pay rise but I would like to know if il have a job in 3 years time.if not pay me off and get it over and done with.

10 Feb 2020, 09:33

Yeah I think a pay rise at the moment is the last thing I'm thinking of :hmmmm first and foremost I'm thinking were the hell this is all going! I'm just hoping my duty disappears and a VR package appears! (In my dreams :roll: ) I've really had enough of all this :arrrghhh time for pastures new :wave never thought after 35 years of service I would think this way :no no

10 Feb 2020, 14:36

With regards to the SWW, it is fair enough that is not being rolled out due to efficiency savings not being met, however some new FT contracts issued after the last deal were reduced to being 35 hour rather than 38 hour which FT was and still is at this point, the CWU should have been all over this......Our DO has FT on proper contracts of 38 and the new FT contracts of 35, a small point I know, but an example of RM manipulating the agreement to suit themselves....

10 Feb 2020, 15:48

Again where the savings made to implement the sww answer the question please.

Have you not had all your full timers that leave replaced with part timers, existing part timers having their hours cut, lapsing increased, sick staff bullied back to work. It all equals savings.
Only problem is we have more managers than we've ever had and that doesn't equal savings. I wonder where we could start with the next savings round :whistle :whistle

10 Feb 2020, 15:57

I wish the union would just accept that for all practical purposes the Four Pillars Agreement is dead. I can understand why they'd be upset about that having 'shaken hands on it' and everything, but surely to god bitter experience over the years would have told them that RM will backslide on agreements and put into an agreement all sorts of things that they knew were either unrealistic and/or they had no intention of following through on (remember that Delivery Methods would mean full-time staff could get one Saturday in three off . . .).

I'd rather the union concentrated more on how the inevitable decline of letters and the impact that will have on staffing levels will be managed in a sensible way, and on ensuring that we don't end up with a two-tier workforce by 'stealth' (it's not that stealthy, we already basically have it in loads of places with Angard in mailc centres and part-time staff working full time hours but on short contracts). And ensuring that workload is achievable in a way that allows their desired standards, especially surrounding delivery to neighbour/first time delivery, to be met.

10 Feb 2020, 19:32

The shorter working week,was linked to our pay rise in April 2019 and inflation. Inflation was running at 3% we accepted 2% so the 1% should have gone towards the shorter working week,also the union suggested revisions in delivery offices nationwide last summer to see what efficiency savings could be made but the buisness were reluctant to do it.

10 Feb 2020, 20:49

DGH wrote:I wish the union would just accept that for all practical purposes the Four Pillars Agreement is dead.

Does that statement include the CDC pension scheme, which was one of the pillars?
The Pension Schemes Bill has been introduced in the House of Lords.

10 Feb 2020, 22:09

Royal Mail wants the CDC pension, the 4 pillars bit they want as it`s going to save their bottoms...

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2