not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail proposes three-year pay deal to union

09 Feb 2020, 15:18

JKSmudge wrote:3 year pay deal ? = will we get a vote on that? Not a chance, we have to follow the 4 pillars and this obsession with the Union leadership on a 35 hour week etc etc for which in my office... no-one is asking for !
Actually we would like a pay rise each year negotiated in time for the beginning of April and for some basics to be provided.... Enough (working) toilets for us all and some decent lighting would be a start. Employing enough cleaners to do some cleaning, rather than just sweeping up and emptying bins would be a luxury. B&H needs sorting too.

Union needs to start seeing the real world, the job and industry has changed ( and will undergo more changes ). If you can't even help us fight for some basics, you're not worth the millions paid in subs each year.

* Cue rabid responses.

Well said. Id sooner have a pay rise than an hr off the week. That way, I'd get more money when I'm on A/L.

09 Feb 2020, 15:27

So should new & existing recruits who were employed on a 35 hour full time contract from October 2018, in line with the "shared vision" in the four pillars agreement, now have their hours increased to 38 hours if the SWW flightpath to a 35 hour week is not going to be achieved .

09 Feb 2020, 15:30

This is just another cynical stunt from Royal Mail to split the workforce.Why announce a phantom pay deal now just as the union announced dates of a re ballot.

09 Feb 2020, 23:54

Celgar wrote:In theory we no longer work the time taken away from us by the SWW.
In practice we still work that time as the amount of work is the same or has increased.
Would be far better to add more hours to the duties of part time staff as what they are expected to do mostly does not fit into a part time duty time.

For it is for managers to manage that the reduction of the full time should in theory make the part time up with some slack taken out but not much. The trouble is staff not working their contractual hours or runners who don't do the job to specification and then become managers and I know this to be a fact!

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2