not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

3 year pay deal

07 Feb 2020, 21:41

Seen a flyer in work from rm saying they have offered cwu 3 year pay deal no figures given.also says they cannot afford next hour off sww as every hour off costs around £100 million. anyone else seen this. No doubt delivery staff will be told about it tomorrow morning.

3 year pay deal

07 Feb 2020, 21:44

aiden01 wrote:also says they cannot afford next hour off sww as every hour off costs around £100 million.

If anything it wouldn't surprise me to see the last hour off put back in, in DOs, so they can cut back on overtime

3 year pay deal

07 Feb 2020, 21:52

There’s a video knocking about with one of their actors, no detail attached but afew strings. Naughty releasing it gone 5pm on a Friday.

3 year pay deal

07 Feb 2020, 22:20

SpacePhoenix wrote:
aiden01 wrote:also says they cannot afford next hour off sww as every hour off costs around £100 million.

If anything it wouldn't surprise me to see the last hour off put back in, in DOs, so they can cut back on overtime

So cwu want another hour off and you are suggesting it will be put back in somehow can't see this happening.

3 year pay deal

07 Feb 2020, 23:13

The hour off puts me (and not just me) in a difficult position :hmmmm because if I continue to get the time off it's got to be at the end thus the next hour puts me under the shift allowance time so my late shift allowance stops so me and others are going to be financially worse off :arrrghhh

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 07:49

aiden01 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

So cwu want another hour off and you are suggesting it will be put back in somehow can't see this happening.

How much is RM paying out in overtime to cover the same work that would have been done during that same hour but at normal duty rate?

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 08:38

wheres the video?

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 09:28

SpacePhoenix wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

How much is RM paying out in overtime to cover the same work that would have been done during that same hour but at normal duty rate?

No idea but like ive already said there is no way union will accept this.

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 09:37

You wouldn't need to "put the hour back in"
If a unit really was paying the whole of the hour of the last SWW out in overtime then there would be a strong case for increasing the contracted hours of the part timers.

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 09:55

leolion855 wrote:wheres the video?

On RM twitter https://twitter.com/royalmailnews/statu ... HrWqLxU7eI

Note that regarding the SWW it pretty much says it won't be happening.

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 11:22

I wonder how much money, that they say they cant afford, is spent paying an actress to deliver the video? Why doesnt the CEO appear in the video ? I'm sure Switzerland have video companies

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 12:40

Careful wording there. pay 'deal' not pay 'rise', A pay 'deal' could be we are going to freeze it for three years..

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 12:57

This is getting confusing for me. Here are some thoughts. I'm being confused by royal mail using a different approach( more videos). Last time they didn't say that much in the run up to the ballot, trying not to rock the boat.This time they are using quite a high gear for the b/s.
This i assume is because last time they got reamed and had to go to court. So change the PR strategy and put out stuff continuously.
All this is designed to weaken the union and the employees resolve i feel.

And everybody loves a pay rise.

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 13:23

charlatans wrote:This is getting confusing for me. Here are some thoughts. I'm being confused by royal mail using a different approach( more videos). Last time they didn't say that much in the run up to the ballot, trying not to rock the boat.This time they are using quite a high gear for the b/s.
This i assume is because last time they got reamed and had to go to court. So change the PR strategy and put out stuff continuously.
All this is designed to weaken the union and the employees resolve i feel.

And everybody loves a pay rise.

I would much rather an achievable workload and less bullying and harassment from the mangers actually.

A ridiculous company where by you wanting to finish on your time gets you no end of hassle , it’s like you’ve broken into a managers house and done a log on his pillow with how badly they take it.

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 13:51

i'm with you on that as one of the most important topics on here and hope it gets sorted out. i Dont have to work past my time but do have a bit of compulsory overtime in my department(discussion for another time,more pressing matters at the moment). I'm trying to figure out what way were going to play this, what would be our objectives and to avoid falling into Royal Mails gameplan. Hope this makes sense.

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 14:44

charlatans wrote:This is getting confusing for me. Here are some thoughts. I'm being confused by royal mail using a different approach( more videos). Last time they didn't say that much in the run up to the ballot, trying not to rock the boat.This time they are using quite a high gear for the b/s.
This i assume is because last time they got reamed and had to go to court. So change the PR strategy and put out stuff continuously.e.

They realise what a good job the union did last time putting videos out all the time so they are giving it a go this time around, nice little earner for the actors I should think.

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 15:42

So they can afford a pay deal but not a cut to the working week. Can't be offering much, if any, of a pay rise as the shorter working week was being funded by full timers foregoing pay rises (hourly rate rose for full and part timers as the working week reduced but actual pay only rose for part timers)

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 17:04

Does this mean that the business is getting worried now?

I believe this is what normally happens in these situations,then the union folds agrees the pay deal and lets rm get on with whatever? Lets hope they dont this time.

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 17:33

oypostie wrote: Can't be offering much, if any, of a pay rise as the shorter working week was being funded by full timers foregoing pay rises

The SWW was supposed to be funded by efficiency savings.
The efficiency savings didn't materialise so neither did the SWW.

3 year pay deal

08 Feb 2020, 17:55

Can't afford to cut the working week down by an hour as previously agreed but can afford to pay managers £1000 bonus at Christmas and 2 pay increases for not going on strike. Then pay for all this media to be produced and no doubt using actors.

Got their priorities the wrong way around.

Oh and its now "our business" going by the latest video. :roll:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3