not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

MRM.COM : Donald Muir Transformation Office Director : "Transformation has to happen quickly or we could be a loss making business" plus a GDP 5M pot to implement 'your' ideas

25 Jan 2020, 22:59

You know they're scum when they can f**k over the football team that they support.

MRM.COM : Donald Muir Transformation Office Director : "Transformation has to happen quickly or we could be a loss making business" plus a GDP 5M pot to implement 'your' ideas

26 Jan 2020, 00:01

I wouldn't trust anyone with a haircut like that.

26 Jan 2020, 10:29

Phantom wrote:What will clocking in and out do?

It will stop staff doing overtime in the mornings, sorting and prepping their own duty and then finishing early - They will NOT get paid if they finish early.
Also overtime in the afternoons, if you're back before your time and perform overtime then you will also NOT get paid until your duty time officially ends.
It will give evidence for staff who are finishing late and wish to cut off.

Rather than NOT getting paid if they finish early another possibility might be those 10/20/30 minutes under are banked against OT on other days.

26 Jan 2020, 22:52

MarkItZ3r0 wrote:You know they're scum when they can f**k over the football team that they support.

No comment on that particular one :thumbup

27 Jan 2020, 23:35

Has Royal Mail suddenly woken up and realised the power of Social Media??

The CWU's resounding YES vote in the last ballot may have only ever been achieved through facebook/social media. The biggest problem with Royal Mail is that senior managers like this are massively out of touch with how it all works on the shop floor. World Class Mail eh? We had a guy like this turn up at our depot 5 years ago and told us pretty much how the big wigs wanted the business to run with their fancy 5 year plans and to know our thoughts. Though whether they got any decent feedback is still left remaining to be seen 5 years later on....

We do seem to be reverting back to how deliveries used to be with delivery postmen delivering letters and small packets on foot whilst we have the bigger delivery vans for the drivers that are delivering the bigger and oversized packets. If that's the case then why would we still need all these smaller vans that are costing us money? Money spent in keeping them, petrol, maintenance, wear and tear etc.. Why can't we revert back to post cycles cause they are obviously cheaper and greener. We wouldn't even need bag-boxes anymore either as Royal Mail are forever telling us that mail is dwindling? Down 40% from 2004 apparently :hmmmm If all else fails there is always the e-trike which appears to have lockable storage even if we do look a twat riding them.

The workplace coach idea is free money to those who do sweet FA. I've often been paired up with a newbie who never knew the delivery so where was my coaching money that week?

Also, why do indoor work plans look as if though they have been written on the back of a fag packet? A full prep of my colleagues duty to take just 25 minutes?? Honestly, if my colleague doesn't get brought in early on overtime then we don't get out till late which often means dropping a loop. The ones who manage the full preps are the ones coming in well before their times (unpaid). Its not rocket science as to how duties suddenly become achievable in the time allotted when some staff are getting out the office earlier. So what are the main motives for the clocking on/off machine? Perhaps you could clarify...

And what are the real reasons for our PDAs?? Are they for the customers benefit i.e. so they know that the parcel they have sent has been delivered and/or the recipient knows where to collect it from. Or are they being used to track us i.e. to determine why postie A has delivered 60 tracked items and walked 25,000 steps whereas postie B has delivered only 29 and walked less than 5,000 yet still finished over an hour later? In all my years at Royal Mail you can't really make workloads any fairer if someone is quick to someone who is much slower. And thats another point. Its human nature that if you are going to penalise the faster postie with more work to do, then they are going to start to work much slower; whereas if you take more work off the slower postie, then ironically, they are not going to work much faster! Just a thought.

28 Jan 2020, 00:29

postslippete wrote:We do seem to be reverting back to how deliveries used to be with delivery postmen delivering letters and small packets on foot whilst we have the bigger delivery vans for the drivers that are delivering the bigger and oversized packets. If that's the case then why would we still need all these smaller vans that are costing us money? Money spent in keeping them, petrol, maintenance, wear and tear etc.. Why can't we revert back to post cycles cause they are obviously cheaper and greener. We wouldn't even need bag-boxes anymore either as Royal Mail are forever telling us that mail is dwindling? Down 40% from 2004 apparently :hmmmm If all else fails there is always the e-trike which appears to have lockable storage .

You are right we do appear to be going full circle, the problem with what you have said though is that as so many offices have been shut and merged it would probably require a 20 mile round trip for some even to commence delivery these days, how fast do these e-trikes go and what’s the range on the battery :roll:

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2