not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Ricky McAulay delivery director on trials : Clocking in and out machines

22 Jan 2020, 17:05

Celgar wrote:Firms collections & collections from post offices cannot be added to delivery walks but postbox collections could be added to them. Some posties would lose their collection duties but it would provide a saving to RM and be far less destructive than the new parcel strategy which will effectively wreck our jobs.

They can. Some duties in our office collect from either or both (and not as part of 'hybrids', these are normal delivery rounds)

22 Jan 2020, 20:36

For those who habitually come in early unpaid I guess that they will still be working unpaid. Only a manager will be able to authorise early attendance in accordance with work budgets
For those who arrive late Royal Mail now have proof and could employ disciplinary proceedings
For those who want to leave on time just means the business don't need to employ a manager on front desk to check staff are being honest
For those who get dropped off at home or on delivery will now probably be expected to come back to the office to "clock off" (unless someone does it for them and I wouldn't put it past Royal Mail to then call that fraudulent)
For those who do plenty of 'ghost' overtime you could also be screwed and I wouldn't put it past Royal Mail to discipline its managers if they continually allow their staff to claim overtime for hours that they have not worked.

So it all seems like win-win for Royal Mail. Is it any wonder the Union never wanted this as its just another stick to beat us with, just like the PDA actuals

22 Jan 2020, 21:39

postslippete wrote:For those who habitually come in early unpaid I guess that they will still be working unpaid. Only a manager will be able to authorise early attendance in accordance with work budgets
For those who arrive late Royal Mail now have proof and could employ disciplinary proceedings
For those who want to leave on time just means the business don't need to employ a manager on front desk to check staff are being honest
For those who get dropped off at home or on delivery will now probably be expected to come back to the office to "clock off" (unless someone does it for them and I wouldn't put it past Royal Mail to then call that fraudulent)
For those who do plenty of 'ghost' overtime you could also be screwed and I wouldn't put it past Royal Mail to discipline its managers if they continually allow their staff to claim overtime for hours that they have not worked.

So it all seems like win-win for Royal Mail. Is it any wonder the Union never wanted this as its just another stick to beat us with, just like the PDA actuals

i'm not much of a fan of the way the business is going or how senior management seem to view the workforce.

However, taking your points in order:

Re those coming in early not getting pain - fair enough
Re those coming in late being conductable - fair enough
Re those wishing to leave on time - fair enough
Re those not returning to the office needing to, and those who clock off for someone else being conductable - fair enough
Re ghost overtime being knocked on the head - fair enough

There are damn few businesses who would be happy with any of the things you list happening with any frequency at all, except for staff leaving when they are meant to.

If you're paid for 7.5 or 8 hours in the day, work them. It's a reasonable request.

While I grant you over-strict clocking in can cause issues given the widespread practise of posties going home early without having asked for more work, going home early despite being challenged by managers on the grounds that 'x went 5 mins ago and she wasn't stopped' and overtime being paid without actually being worked, clocking in and out is not of itself bad. And in fact those acting honestly cannot lose and can only gain from it.

23 Jan 2020, 16:53

They are putting their toes in the water to test the temperature. If there is little opposition then expect a steam roller of unagreed change of terms and conditions and work practices in the style of our competition.

23 Jan 2020, 21:23

a question? if we go on strike and its only a few days as before or rotational days, do you think when we go back they will employ agency "to help out" as they did at xmas? due to back log, would this be a reason to just go out and stay out till its sorted?

30 Jan 2020, 15:48

apple wrote:a question? if we go on strike and its only a few days as before or rotational days, do you think when we go back they will employ agency "to help out" as they did at xmas? due to back log, would this be a reason to just go out and stay out till its sorted?

A few days in a row or rotational days between DOs & MCs won't be enough this time. The union messed up our best opportunity to stop the new parcel strategy in its tracks. We could wait til next Christmas to take industrial action but I think by then the changes will have mostly been made.

30 Jan 2020, 17:06

apple wrote:a question? if we go on strike and its only a few days as before or rotational days, do you think when we go back they will employ agency "to help out" as they did at xmas? due to back log, would this be a reason to just go out and stay out till its sorted?

Not being funny but anyone who thinks we can just go out and stay out indefinitely is living in cloud cuckoo land. It just ain’t gonna happen on two grounds

1: who in today’s society can afford to go week after week and month after month with no income

2: RM will go to court and say they need to employ staff to sustain their business as IA is causing them severe damage. No doubt they’ll then recruit agency and be happy to leave us out on strike as the business carries on running.

The way things are of today strike action really doesn’t carry the threat it used to and RM know this.

31 Jan 2020, 22:38

GRS wrote:

Not being funny but anyone who thinks we can just go out and stay out indefinitely is living in cloud cuckoo land. It just ain’t gonna happen on two grounds

1: who in today’s society can afford to go week after week and month after month with no income

2: RM will go to court and say they need to employ staff to sustain their business as IA is causing them severe damage. No doubt they’ll then recruit agency and be happy to leave us out on strike as the business carries on running.

The way things are of today strike action really doesn’t carry the threat it used to and RM know this.

Everyone knows the CWU cocked up the ballot at a time when our bargaining position was strongest. Why haven't the CWU gone and re-balloted straight away?? Having pointed everything out that Royal Mail plan to do via Executive action i.e. un-agreed trials on LATs, AHDC, CSS closures. I'm starting to wonder if the CWU are behaving somewhat "schizophrenic"

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4