not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Ricky McAulay delivery director on trials : Clocking in and out machines

19 Jan 2020, 12:49

Next day delivery items refers to recipients ordering items late in the day or evening and wanting to receive the item the following day but not by a guaranteed specific time on that day. I was thinking they were referring to SDs but as others have pointed out the SDs cannot be moved to the LATs as they will be delivering after 1300 and into the night.
Currently the general public cannot access the Tracked product service to post items so the SD product is needed for them to use. I think eventually the SD product will be dropped and everyone will be able to use the Tracked product. The only query on this will be regarding the increased insurance/compensation that comes with the SD service. Maybe they will add that to the Tracked service or offer an additional charge on top for valuable or irreplaceable items to be posted.

19 Jan 2020, 12:54

SpacePhoenix wrote:
apple wrote:
thing with specials is most I have done they just want the higher insurance, not bothered when it gets there, some do I know

either that or they want to be able to track their item through the system. If RM made Tracked available to everyone then I reckon the amount of SDs going through the system would really drop.

I can understand the reasoning behind the customs charge foreign items going via the SD system but what's the reasoning behind the other foreign stuff that goes through the SD system - why doesn't it go through the system as Tracked?

There seems no rhyme or reason behind which items get picked out from foreign items to be marked and treated as SDs. Quite often they do not require a signature and sometimes look like or are the items China Post send out at virtually no cost thanks to China still being classed as a third world country. My best guess is that RM do it **** us off as quite often the addresses are at far flung points on our walks requiring us to leave our routes. Having said that as far as I know only the official UK SDs have to be delivered by 1300 and no come back or telling off is received after delivering the foreign ones after 1300.

19 Jan 2020, 12:57

SpacePhoenix wrote:
apple wrote:
thing with specials is most I have done they just want the higher insurance, not bothered when it gets there, some do I know

either that or they want to be able to track their item through the system. If RM made Tracked available to everyone then I reckon the amount of SDs going through the system would really drop.

I can understand the reasoning behind the customs charge foreign items going via the SD system but what's the reasoning behind the other foreign stuff that goes through the SD system - why doesn't it go through the system as Tracked?

often thought that mate, we have a manger that tells everyone to get there for 1pm, if it comes from the locker, so it comes all the way from China for a 1pm scan lol, he won't listen, I think he just has a blanket decision so no one gets confused and drops a bollock, getting them in tracked would make sense, all I have heard is they need to be scanned, so why not go through tracked?

19 Jan 2020, 12:58

Celgar wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
apple wrote:

There seems no rhyme or reason behind which items get picked out from foreign items to be marked and treated as SDs. Quite often they do not require a signature and sometimes look like or are the items China Post send out at virtually no cost thanks to China still being classed as a third world country. My best guess is that RM do it **** us off as quite often the addresses are at far flung points on our walks requiring us to leave our routes. Having said that as far as I know only the official UK SDs have to be delivered by 1300 and no come back or telling off is received after delivering the foreign ones after 1300.

yes your right, I always leave them, only thing that goes for 1pm are RM specials rest can wait

19 Jan 2020, 13:09

I also don't have any problem with any secure method of clocking in and out and don't see why the union still seem to object to it. I am also unsure why RM want it as they surely do not realise how much work is done before and after duty time on a regular basis much of which is currently not paid for.
I can only assume RM do not intend to use this data to pay for all work completed but to chase down the small number of posties that for whatever reason are finishing before duty time on a regular basis. Ideally this new clocking in system would provide automated payment for work completed before and after duty time but I am probably living in a dream for that to happen.
On the subject of trials for the new parcel strategy are RM going to check out all aspects including adding a sixth more delivery points to all walks ?? I bet they will not as this is the factor that will make their new strategy unworkable or at least not completable within duty time. More unpaid work......

19 Jan 2020, 16:30

Celgar wrote:I also don't have any problem with any secure method of clocking in and out and don't see why the union still seem to object to it. I am also unsure why RM want it as they surely do not realise how much work is done before and after duty time on a regular basis much of which is currently not paid for.
I can only assume RM do not intend to use this data to pay for all work completed but to chase down the small number of posties that for whatever reason are finishing before duty time on a regular basis. Ideally this new clocking in system would provide automated payment for work completed before and after duty time but I am probably living in a dream for that to happen.

It'll also cut down any ghosting of overtime by managers little favourites and runarounds. The PDA data they currently have will be used to plan the duties and going by how 90% of our office cut corners and a good 60% come in early they are going to be saying those duties are too small and need to be made bigger because they are finishing before their time. Tie all that in with the new parcel strategy and that's a lot of deliveries pulled out of an office.

And if anyone dares to moan they can no longer complete the managers will just throw at them the last 18 months worth of data and say "why? you used to before" and probably try going down the wilful delay route.

OPG's have given royal mail all the info they need to really turn the screws on them. :no no

19 Jan 2020, 21:51

Royal Mail will still say if staff are coming in early unpaid then its up to them, but that they shouldn't be and leave it at that. But why would RM, as health and safety conscious as they are, be allowing people to arrive as early on site unpaid and unaccounted for?? Why aren't managers in early checking up on things?

I've no problem with clocking machines and it will stop ghosting which is a good thing. It means that some staff who need the money might prefer to drag it out and get an extra hour of docket on their own duty, rather than fly round and do a loop off someone else's. And 18 months worth of data doesn't mean sh*t if you tell them that you've started to develop a bit of an foot injury which means that you are now working slower than before, or you've started to use trolleys cause your backs been playing up. I never did agree with these PDA actuals especially as it means that we are being watched and analysed from every street corner. Its just another excuse for the managers to play around on their PCs. Maybe they could then draw and colour in a fancy pie-chart or tidy bar graph with this data and stick up on another pointless noticeboard that no one takes any notice of.

19 Jan 2020, 22:03

Let's be honest on here managers come and go as they please and CEO's don't even reside in the this nation and pay no tax on their income we earn for them. Stop talking about what others do as workers it is the non productive ones we should focus on ie management and above for it is those and the higher up you go the less productive they are!

21 Jan 2020, 16:53

So the company is in financial trouble , how much would it cost to put in clocking in and out machines in every office .

21 Jan 2020, 18:18

tmac wrote:So the company is in financial trouble , how much would it cost to put in clocking in and out machines in every office .

It’s feasible to use your ,Or any PDA to do it along with your I D badge.

21 Jan 2020, 18:41

deltaforce wrote:
tmac wrote:So the company is in financial trouble , how much would it cost to put in clocking in and out machines in every office .

It’s feasible to use your ,Or any PDA to do it along with your I D badge.

100% will be the way they bring this clocking in system in. No way will they have a machine at the delivery office entrance before you start. Much better to do it through the PDA so all the idiots who start early for nothing can continue doing that and then just log into their PDA at start time.

21 Jan 2020, 18:57

Can't see how it would stop people coming in early if PDA's will be used. They will just sign on at the correct start time. Lets be honest, managers know people start early so why would they stop the above happening? Makes the managers at the office look good to their managers higher up as it seems work is completed and at no extra cost.

21 Jan 2020, 20:01

clocking back in ??
hope the DOMs clock in and out as well
Our DOM has locked up and fooked off home before we have finished normally

21 Jan 2020, 20:34

The vid on RMTV showed a gate being used similar to the gates used at tube and train stations

22 Jan 2020, 06:26

SpacePhoenix wrote:The vid on RMTV showed a gate being used similar to the gates used at tube and train stations

Would not work in many offices as yorks are pushed out to vans to load up.

22 Jan 2020, 08:26

I used to clock in at my old job if I was 2 mins late they would dock you 15mins pay but wouldn't pay if you went over its always for the employer if they ever do roll it out.

22 Jan 2020, 10:32

The bottom line is these moronic idiots who are in charge AT THE MOMENT will walk off with their pockets full probably to do the same again to another unexpecting workforce and we the people who actually do the work will be left with the crap they've imposed on us :hmmmm yes we do have to change because unfortunately we (the UK workforce) have slept walked into zero hours low paid jobs (doff ones cap to you sir for giving me employment) the likes of Amazon/hermes/dpd etc etc have made this type of workforce the norm and the royal mail morons have looked at this model with envy :crazy:so expect more of this robot we will be watching you all day long mentality from them idiots in the ivory tower but the bigger idiot's will be the stupid line managers who will impose these measures which in the sort term they will have to adhere to aswell but then they will be got rid of once this crap is implemented :left: :wave just look at what sainbury's have done this week

22 Jan 2020, 11:00

For people who swipe in at the moment to enter the building I'm sure that could be easily converted to record the time. We've already been told our building currently does this but that the results aren't used for anything, yeah right!

22 Jan 2020, 11:28

ddtc wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:The vid on RMTV showed a gate being used similar to the gates used at tube and train stations

Would not work in many offices as yorks are pushed out to vans to load up.

I'm sure that they could add something to the RFID scanners that could read the id cards. Might need something lower down through

22 Jan 2020, 11:42

I have only heard this "last Letter" phrase used by old time posties, we have one that says last letter ten past one Monday to Saturday & yet he as taken all his breaks, so we are back at the office at 13:30 most days & on way home by 13:40.

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4