not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Ricky McAulay delivery director on trials : Clocking in and out machines

18 Jan 2020, 15:39

To be fair most my office are done for 12 every day and we aint done outdoor lapsing for over 2 years I'm amazed as most people I work with think this is standard and will continue for years to come lol

18 Jan 2020, 17:30

The bloke is lying
Last edited by roadrunner bill on 19 Jan 2020, 04:36, edited 1 time in total.

18 Jan 2020, 18:41

How do they get away with telling staff that they have kept to agreements with the CWU when they won't even honour the legal and binding agreement of the shorter working week? How would the business suddenly be loss-making?

Oh I get it....they plan to spend billions on these parcel hubs rather than invest in us with the SWW. Keep banging the drum that mail volumes have fallen since 2004 to justify transformation

Still no figure as to how much parcel volumes have risen since 2004

18 Jan 2020, 20:43

Intercityfirm1970 wrote:To be fair most my office are done for 12 every day and we aint done outdoor lapsing for over 2 years I'm amazed as most people I work with think this is standard and will continue for years to come lol

Not all offices are like yours and tbf the pda actuals are (or where) linked in with the talks, but the 35hr week although agreed is not anymore

18 Jan 2020, 20:54

Rickey McAulay should know who pays for his wage and it is not Rico Back who is almost never in the this country and pays no TAX yet get £6 million payout sorry but if you cannot do the job f**k off.

18 Jan 2020, 21:02

If/when the talks eventually get underway again and there will be give and take from both sides, then the imo the cwu should insist on time and a half for overtime. We are talking £7odd per hour for overtime after tax and ni as it stands now. Lets get real and get focused.

18 Jan 2020, 21:13

when he says larger parcels, I have heard that before with the LAT, but he says next day items as well, could this be all specials off delivery then? that would enable much larger rounds as well as being more consistent times, not cutting off to get there for 1 pm, any ideas?

18 Jan 2020, 21:26

apple wrote:when he says larger parcels, I have heard that before with the LAT, but he says next day items as well, could this be all specials off delivery then? that would enable much larger rounds as well as being more consistent times, not cutting off to get there for 1 pm, any ideas?

Bollarks as LAT duties only go after 1pm specials even so how can one deliver a time slot if the staffing is not on duties.

18 Jan 2020, 22:34

k979aaa wrote:
apple wrote:when he says larger parcels, I have heard that before with the LAT, but he says next day items as well, could this be all specials off delivery then? that would enable much larger rounds as well as being more consistent times, not cutting off to get there for 1 pm, any ideas?

Bollarks as LAT duties only go after 1pm specials even so how can one deliver a time slot if the staffing is not on duties.

true mate, just don't get what he means

19 Jan 2020, 08:48

I believe guys that the idea is to ditch the before 1pm thing for specials and it will just be next day guaranteed . :hmmmm

19 Jan 2020, 10:15

scoobydo79 wrote:I believe guys that the idea is to ditch the before 1pm thing for specials and it will just be next day guaranteed . :hmmmm

Tracked and SDs essentially combined into one product but with the "premium version" (higher compensation) done in SD lockers?

19 Jan 2020, 10:47

Maybe something like DPD do with a 1 hour delivery slot.

19 Jan 2020, 11:26

scoobydo79 wrote:I believe guys that the idea is to ditch the before 1pm thing for specials and it will just be next day guaranteed . :hmmmm

I honestly think that would be a good idea. Our customers don't seem to care that its before 1pm or not. Most people aren't in anyway and those that are waiting in would appreciate it to be more like 9/10am guaranteed so they could get on with their days. Which we already have a product for. I think most people get the 1pm's for the extra cover that comes with it and are happy to collect it the next day having missed it. The faff it creates having to cut off and do one letter at 1pm when our last letter times are only an hour later!

Do away with it. Offer next day guaranteed with in flight redirection and tracking like our competitors do. Considering that MUST be an ambition of RM the only logical conclusion is that specials and tracked will be handed to dedicated packet drivers as those products would be too unreliable with an on foot letters and small packets postie.

19 Jan 2020, 11:49

Ren Hoëk wrote:Do away with it. Offer next day guaranteed with in flight redirection and tracking like our competitors do. Considering that MUST be an ambition of RM the only logical conclusion is that specials and tracked will be handed to dedicated packet drivers as those products would be too unreliable with an on foot letters and small packets postie.

Many of our competitors offer give time slots/estimates and you can also see where the driver is on a map once they're within a certain number of deliveries before your own

19 Jan 2020, 12:02

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:Do away with it. Offer next day guaranteed with in flight redirection and tracking like our competitors do. Considering that MUST be an ambition of RM the only logical conclusion is that specials and tracked will be handed to dedicated packet drivers as those products would be too unreliable with an on foot letters and small packets postie.

Many of our competitors offer give time slots/estimates and you can also see where the driver is on a map once they're within a certain number of deliveries before your own

Yup, Had that with DPD. Very good. Something RM would be mad not to replicate.

19 Jan 2020, 12:04

Ren Hoëk wrote:

I honestly think that would be a good idea. Our customers don't seem to care that its before 1pm or not. Most people aren't in anyway and those that are waiting in would appreciate it to be more like 9/10am guaranteed so they could get on with their days. Which we already have a product for. I think most people get the 1pm's for the extra cover that comes with it and are happy to collect it the next day having missed it. The faff it creates having to cut off and do one letter at 1pm when our last letter times are only an hour later!

Do away with it. Offer next day guaranteed with in flight redirection and tracking like our competitors do. Considering that MUST be an ambition of RM the only logical conclusion is that specials and tracked will be handed to dedicated packet drivers as those products would be too unreliable with an on foot letters and small packets postie.

last letter times is not 2 pm -----We aim to make one delivery every day, Monday to Saturday. These are scheduled to be completed: Addresses in urban areas - by 3pm. Addresses in rural areas - by 4pm (subject to exceptions for remote areas with limited transport infrastructure such as the Highlands and Islands)

thing with specials is most I have done they just want the higher insurance, not bothered when it gets there, some do I know, I have heard them say about LAT s before but they have started to mention next day delivery items as now, they mentioned it in the courier [ yes I read it, you have to know your enemy] but I haven't heard what he means by next day delivery items, yet.

19 Jan 2020, 12:25

Deadly wrote:More collections on delivery :roll:

Firms collections & collections from post offices cannot be added to delivery walks but postbox collections could be added to them. Some posties would lose their collection duties but it would provide a saving to RM and be far less destructive than the new parcel strategy which will effectively wreck our jobs.

19 Jan 2020, 12:27

apple wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:

last letter times is not 2 pm -----We aim to make one delivery every day, Monday to Saturday. These are scheduled to be completed: Addresses in urban areas - by 3pm. Addresses in rural areas - by 4pm (subject to exceptions for remote areas with limited transport infrastructure such as the Highlands and Islands)

thing with specials is most I have done they just want the higher insurance, not bothered when it gets there, some do I know, I have heard them say about LAT s before but they have started to mention next day delivery items as now, they mentioned it in the courier [ yes I read it, you have to know your enemy] but I haven't heard what he means by next day delivery items, yet.

Sorry, In our office Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Sat our last letter time is roughly 2pm. 2:30 ish for Wednesday Thursday. That's a fact. I cant speak for other offices.

19 Jan 2020, 12:30

Ren Hoëk wrote:
apple wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:

Sorry, In our office Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Sat our last letter time is roughly 2pm. 2:30 ish for Wednesday Thursday. That's a fact. I cant speak for other offices.

its ok, do you mean your scheduled to finish at those times? the official last letter times are as stated, sadly I'm in a office thats at the back of beyond lol

19 Jan 2020, 12:45

apple wrote:
thing with specials is most I have done they just want the higher insurance, not bothered when it gets there, some do I know

either that or they want to be able to track their item through the system. If RM made Tracked available to everyone then I reckon the amount of SDs going through the system would really drop.

I can understand the reasoning behind the customs charge foreign items going via the SD system but what's the reasoning behind the other foreign stuff that goes through the SD system - why doesn't it go through the system as Tracked?

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4