not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

reballot Major update on our dispute with Royal Mail Group Video

20 Jan 2020, 13:18

LouBarlow wrote:
postieblueshirt wrote:Are we really going to focus on one word the guy used,let's focus on the bigger picture lol seriously

All we have to discuss so far are words. When they become actions, then maybe we can move on. At this point, I have next to no confidence in our leaders, after the sham of the last vote process, and frankly the scandalous waste of our money that was appealing the decision in court.

This ^^^^^^^^^

If the CWU want my vote then lets have Pullingers resignation before the next ballot.

What is the point of voting for action with him in charge. Whilst he bandies about all sorts of vague warnings of doom we don't know exactly what RM want in terms of job losses and changes to the job, nor what the CWUs counter proposals are.

There are many in the job who would love to be offered VR. The union doesn't seem to be fighting for them. There are part-timers who want more contracted hours. Again the union does bugger all for them. There are people being bullied day in, day out by incompetent managers. The union does nothing. We all know the best time of year to take industrial action. The union (deliberately?) cocks that up, then wastes our money by pursuing a legal action that they didn't have a hope of winning.

If we are going to be asked again to simply back the union then we first need someone competent in charge.

20 Jan 2020, 16:35

Schiff wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:
postieblueshirt wrote:Are we really going to focus on one word the guy used,let's focus on the bigger picture lol seriously

All we have to discuss so far are words. When they become actions, then maybe we can move on. At this point, I have next to no confidence in our leaders, after the sham of the last vote process, and frankly the scandalous waste of our money that was appealing the decision in court.

This ^^^^^^^^^

If the CWU want my vote then lets have Pullingers resignation before the next ballot.

What is the point of voting for action with him in charge. Whilst he bandies about all sorts of vague warnings of doom we don't know exactly what RM want in terms of job losses and changes to the job, nor what the CWUs counter proposals are.

There are many in the job who would love to be offered VR. The union doesn't seem to be fighting for them. There are part-timers who want more contracted hours. Again the union does bugger all for them. There are people being bullied day in, day out by incompetent managers. The union does nothing. We all know the best time of year to take industrial action. The union (deliberately?) cocks that up, then wastes our money by pursuing a legal action that they didn't have a hope of winning.

If we are going to be asked again to simply back the union then we first need someone competent in charge.

Hard to argue with that. The union at both local and national level are a shambles at the moment. Dave Ward and Terry Pullinger should go! Iv seen colleagues at their wits end from the bullying tactics of managers that have caused what can only be described as break downs on the shop floor for the union rep to then side with the manager! Multiple times iv seen this happen and yet when all evidence points towards the manager being a nasty little bully the rep continues to side with the manager! Iv even witnessed the rep tell a colleague to leave the union when she questioned why he wouldn't back her!

This happens up and down the country and has been going on for years!

20 Jan 2020, 18:25

Ren Hoëk wrote:
Schiff wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:

This ^^^^^^^^^

Hard to argue with that. The union at both local and national level are a shambles at the moment. Dave Ward and Terry Pullinger should go! Iv seen colleagues at their wits end from the bullying tactics of managers that have caused what can only be described as break downs on the shop floor for the union rep to then side with the manager! Multiple times iv seen this happen and yet when all evidence points towards the manager being a nasty little bully the rep continues to side with the manager! Iv even witnessed the rep tell a colleague to leave the union when she questioned why he wouldn't back her!

This happens up and down the country and has been going on for years!

Again you also have valid points and its genuinely very sad (putting it mildly) for you to have witnessed all this crap and more so fellow colleagues being put through this type of illegal harassment :no no ! I'm quite lucky we have a hand full of union reps who are as a whole really very good they are not hot heads but are very clever in there approach when we have had sticky situations but then we are not the Hornets nest called deliveries and I've seen and witnessed managers with that bullying attitude when I've been to D.O's just a few months ago I had a manager (some young scrote) who thought he could vent his crap on me :no no but It didn't work so i can imagine some less confident young postie being very intimidated by that sort of disgraceful behaviour :hmmmm

20 Jan 2020, 18:41

Wank union always f**k up load of s**t

20 Jan 2020, 21:02

At a local level if the local rep is s**t, the staff must be happy with it, otherwise why hasn't anyone put their name into the hat to become the rep?

20 Jan 2020, 21:53

Some good points being raised here. If we are the Union and we only get strength in numbers then why aren't more posties actively being recruited as Union reps?

I tell you why; its because a lot of it is closed shop at local level. Our DOM in particular prefers to deal with just one Union rep even though we have quite a few ready and willing, - or are still Union reps but don't get to sit in and discuss about the important things that go on in these privileged manager's meetings. All too often there are Unit reps that go along with all and sundry - as long as they get looked after and to be fair its been going on for years. I should point out that there are a minority of really good reps out there. Ours isn't one of them cause if he were then I would argue that we would probably have more part-timers in on full-time contracts and less full-timers hogging all the overtime either on early IPS, working days off or via extra loops on delivery. The bullying side of things occasionally does happen in our office particularly if our managers are covering a duty on sickness and they don't want anyone to be dropping loops as well. It can take several go's before I can then reach the "Ok, you can leave a loop" and to be honest I do find the process mentally fatiguing at times. Whether my Union rep would back me up or not remains to be seen because he's often not there half the time, which to me is exactly where they should be, on the shop floor backing up their members. Wouldn't that be ever so easier if there were more of us reps about?? :hmmmm :hmmmm

More training and more reps in local offices is our biggest weapon to fighting this Royal Mail that is hellbent on transformation and destroying peoples working lives in the process. Maybe then we wouldn't have so many in the job that are fed up and want to be offered VR to leave?

To do that that would take someone in charge of the CWU that has foresight and vision - someone with the brains of a Lloyd George perhaps?? Someone who's not going to get stung by Royal Mail via court action because twice that has happened!!

20 Jan 2020, 23:45

Seems like the age old "divide and conquer" has struck a chord with a few in here.

21 Jan 2020, 06:39

RTP wrote:Seems like the age old "divide and conquer" has struck a chord with a few in here.

If that is the case the union have aloud it to happen with their inaction and failure. Both at Local and National level. To say divide and conquer suggest we have been defeated. Which is not the case. We actually want something to happen. We want positive action. It is the union that has been defeated it seems!

21 Jan 2020, 06:40

SpacePhoenix wrote:At a local level if the local rep is s**t, the staff must be happy with it, otherwise why hasn't anyone put their name into the hat to become the rep?

If only it was that easy. There is a lot of politics involved in an office.

21 Jan 2020, 16:41

To be fair I agree that most offices have the same old structured examples of managers looking after the certain people with early IP and other OT, I as a rep kick that much s**t up on a daily basis concerning favouratism and the like that I daily put in local disagreements in and most the time it falls on deaf ears and has to be pushed up the line.. But let me say I'm old school union rep with over 37 years served at as far as I'm concerned it's still "them and us policy" and the corruption and bullying that goes on day to day must be challenged by your unit or sub rep 100%.

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3