not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Terry Pullinger New Year's video update on dispute

07 Jan 2020, 20:29

08 Jan 2020, 20:29

We had an agreement already Terry . What makes you think Royal Mail will honour a new one ?

08 Jan 2020, 20:43

What a load of bollocks you had the power to bring the company to its knees and f****d it up ,now watch as the union give it all away like last time :d'oh!

09 Jan 2020, 00:32

poisonpostie wrote:What a load of bollocks you had the power to bring the company to its knees and f****d it up ,now watch as the union give it all away like last time :d'oh!

All I seem to see on this so called chat room is criticism :arrrghhh ok so you think he's f****d up! what do you propose so you can have the company on its knees (personally I need the company so I can pay my mortgage so It wouldn't be very wise to try to put it on its knees :cuppa )
Last edited by Post69 on 11 Jan 2020, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

10 Jan 2020, 20:24

well if we ARE re-balloted lets hope there's none of this social media facebook/twitter etc shenanigans to bollox it all up again.

11 Jan 2020, 00:18

I keep saying it, but I feel the current negotiations are about damage limitation. There's no question that things have to change, all the way from management culture to the operational pipeline.
We're up against it with the likes of Amazon and other couriers driving down the costs. How are RM supposed to compete?
Perhaps if we had more employees who took a pride in the job to make it an exceptional service, with clean vans, well presented uniform, professional manner, along with the techinical aspects of a quality first time delivery service, then that could justify the higher price that comes with choosing RM.
What I'm saying is I believe we should be working with RM to build a business that is a cut above the rest. To give us a chance to justify our higher costs. Otherwise we become just like the rest of them. (Lower the price, but also the quality).
The hearts and minds of people are still with Royal Mail, but may not be if Rico presses on with his agenda to transform us into 'just another delivery company'.
A quality business needs quality people.

11 Jan 2020, 07:04

you dream

11 Jan 2020, 12:05

ssdd wrote:I keep saying it, but I feel the current negotiations are about damage limitation. There's no question that things have to change, all the way from management culture to the operational pipeline.
We're up against it with the likes of Amazon and other couriers driving down the costs. How are RM supposed to compete?
Perhaps if we had more employees who took a pride in the job to make it an exceptional service, with clean vans, well presented uniform, professional manner, along with the techinical aspects of a quality first time delivery service, then that could justify the higher price that comes with choosing RM.
What I'm saying is I believe we should be working with RM to build a business that is a cut above the rest. To give us a chance to justify our higher costs. Otherwise we become just like the rest of them. (Lower the price, but also the quality).
The hearts and minds of people are still with Royal Mail, but may not be if Rico presses on with his agenda to transform us into 'just another delivery company'.

I hear what you say and you have valid points......but one of the problems is the likes of Hermes yodel etc is they don't have to be accountable for the s**t service they provide we are heavily regulated so the moment the postie takes the packet out of his bag/trolly on a rainy day and its gets wet all hell brakes loose while the Hermes courier in his van that clinging on to an MOT for dear life and chucking 90% of his drops over any gate or fence he can get away with doesn't have to justify his actions nor the company he works for because everything is subcontracted and because the public are now conditioned to accept that behaviour it just becomes the norm :neutral: what made me laugh/annoyed was last week when I picked up from one of the companies on my collection I had a go at the Hermes driver because he keeps on taking the yorks that I provide the company he kept on saying we have an agreement with royal mail that he can use the yorks I told him that he is talking bollox then he replied we (royal mail) are just a bunch of cowboys anyway :chuckle this from Hermes :chuckle :chuckle

17 Jan 2020, 17:24

ssdd wrote:Perhaps if we had more employees who took a pride in the job to make it an exceptional service, with clean vans, well presented uniform, professional manner, along with the techinical aspects of a quality first time delivery service, then that could justify the higher price that comes with choosing RM.

A quality first time delivery?

There's a huge disconnect here. Businesses that use Royal Mail want proof that the parcels we deliver, end up with the customer, and don't end up in a ditch. And since parcel volumes have sky rocketed, it's becoming increasingly difficult to deliver parcels first time, most people aren't at home when we knock at the door looking for a signature for their special delivery. Not many (if any) of the technical solutions that could be used to square that circle are used by Royal Mail, infact more and more rules and restrictions are being introduced (or worse consequences if you break the rules) which limits the ability to deliver first time even more.

The only way to achive the idealised postie service you speak of, as things stand, is to literally break all the rules and not do the job properly. And this is why so many posties are being conducted / sacked for parcels being signed for (by the postie), and then going missing. We have one conducted on average every few months...

17 Jan 2020, 17:35

Murdoch wrote:
ssdd wrote:Perhaps if we had more employees who took a pride in the job to make it an exceptional service, with clean vans, well presented uniform, professional manner, along with the techinical aspects of a quality first time delivery service, then that could justify the higher price that comes with choosing RM.

A quality first time delivery?

There's a huge disconnect here. Businesses that use Royal Mail want proof that the parcels we deliver, end up with the customer, and don't end up in a ditch. And since parcel volumes have sky rocketed, it's becoming increasingly difficult to deliver parcels first time, most people aren't at home when we knock at the door looking for a signature for their special delivery. Not many (if any) of the technical solutions that could be used to square that circle are used by Royal Mail, infact more and more rules and restrictions are being introduced (or worse consequences if you break the rules) which limits the ability to deliver first time even more.

The only way to achive the idealised postie service you speak of, as things stand, is to literally break all the rules and not do the job properly. And this is why so many posties are being conducted / sacked for parcels being signed for (by the postie), and then going missing. We have one conducted on average every few months...

I would say by having the options for in flight redirections, safe places etc that DPD have, or possibly something better, this would massively improve the quality of service. Why have they been voted top delivery company for the last 7 years?

17 Jan 2020, 17:39

ssdd wrote:I would say by having the options for in flight redirections, safe places etc that DPD have, or possibly something better, this would massively improve the quality of service. Why have they been voted top delivery company for the last 7 years?

This. 100%

DPD allows the option for remote signing of packages. So you can digitally sign for your parcel, and direct them to leave it in a shed etc.

Meanwhile with Royal Mail you spend 15 quid posting a special delivery parcel and you can't even nominate the day it's delivered.

17 Jan 2020, 20:44

Murdoch wrote:Meanwhile with Royal Mail you spend 15 quid posting a special delivery parcel and you can't even nominate the day it's delivered.

That's because it's a next day guaranteed service :wink:

17 Jan 2020, 21:38

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Murdoch wrote:Meanwhile with Royal Mail you spend 15 quid posting a special delivery parcel and you can't even nominate the day it's delivered.

That's because it's a next day guaranteed service :wink:

I anticipated that reply. I was going to amend the original comment, but I thought I'd wait and reply with:

Sure, but it's also the only way to send very expensive items insured, and we should be able to offer a nominate a day service (we have no ability on any of our services).

But you knew that already.

20 Jan 2020, 00:17

ssdd wrote:I keep saying it, but I feel the current negotiations are about damage limitation. There's no question that things have to change, all the way from management culture to the operational pipeline.

And that take's quality managers but we have second rate punks and dickheads and that's from the top down so leadership is a toss pot of the feckless and arrogant but you only have to look at the top for those quality's!

20 Jan 2020, 10:04

Murdoch wrote:The only way to achive the idealised postie service you speak of, as things stand, is to literally break all the rules and not do the job properly. And this is why so many posties are being conducted / sacked for parcels being signed for (by the postie), and then going missing. We have one conducted on average every few months...

Agree with you on people breaking the rules to get the job done but in our office its more of a case to get home early or undermine the person that usually does the round so they can look good to the managers and wonder around the office telling everyone who'll listen that certain duties are easy when in reality, when done properly, are not. Managers know people are carving the job up, hell I've even witnessed some of the "special ones" tell managers what they are doing and no action is taken.

Nothing will ever work in this company till it realises that their own managers can't or won't do their own jobs properly first and foremost.

20 Jan 2020, 16:04

Murdoch wrote:...........but in our office its more of a case to get home early or undermine the person that usually does the round so they can look good to the managers and wonder around the office telling everyone who'll listen that certain duties are easy when in reality, when done properly, are not. Managers know people are carving the job up, hell I've even witnessed some of the "special ones" tell managers what they are doing and no action is taken.

Nothing will ever work in this company till it realises that their own managers can't or won't do their own jobs properly first and foremost.

100% agree with this. There can never be a united workforce when you have so many people trying to get one over on a fellow postie. At our place its usually before or after one of a van share is on leave, comments about how much quicker the reserve is etc. Usually the comment is made by someone who has never done that round. While it may be an attempt to be funny, when it is said several times a week any joke wears thin and anyone overhearing won't get the joke anyway.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1