not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

21 Dec 2019, 23:07

fluxburner wrote:Slurp slurp, slurp up that overtime, slurp
:chuckle

stock-photo-summer-teenage-boy-drinking-straw-enjoying-cold-drink-milkshake-slurp-strawberry-milkshake-cold-drinks-f86f8a79-4064-417c-b818-188ceed2a455.jpg


Aye, every office has a hoover!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

22 Dec 2019, 09:14

k979aaa wrote: The only way we can beat these corrupt bastards is doing the job properly without mistakes!


:Applause :Applause :Applause

That will never happen. Job and knock/work all your contracted hours is in name only or only applies to some of the workforce. Usually those with the biggest duties and managers use it as a stick to beat them with whilst their "colleagues" rush around like headless chickens cutting corners left right and center to get home early or ghost overtime.

Took delivery last night from a man in a white van at nearly 7 pm yet a huge proportion of OPG's think this'll never happen to them. Talk about sleepwalking into the gig economy :arrrghhh

Parcel separation will come in. Duties will be made bigger and the same individuals in D.O's up and down the land will moan and groan the union is useless, threaten to do the job correctly and then a few days later will be seen coming in even earlier than before and doing heaven knows what to still be able to finish before their time.

Never in all my years of working have I had the misfortune of working with so many blinkered self centred people. OPG's really are their own worst enemy.

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

22 Dec 2019, 10:01

Sugar wrote:Parcel separation will come in. Duties will be made bigger and the same individuals in D.O's up and down the land will moan and groan the union is useless, threaten to do the job correctly and then a few days later will be seen coming in even earlier than before and doing heaven knows what to still be able to finish before their time.

If RM ever got the USO changed so that letters and flats didn't have to be delivered the next day then I could see them having regional hubs that sequenced letters and flats (perhaps D2Ds as well) together on new machines with letter and flat duties being either 8hrs outside or part time.

If parcel separation (all parcels) does eventually happen and RM were to have 2D barcodes on all parcels then I could see them invest (or at least look into) in software that could dynamically generate rounds based on what's due into an office

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

22 Dec 2019, 10:31

SpacePhoenix wrote: If RM ever got the USO changed so that letters and flats didn't have to be delivered the next day then I could see them having regional hubs that sequenced letters and flats (perhaps D2Ds as well) together on new machines with letter and flat duties being either 8hrs outside or part time.


We all know RM will say its OFCOM's fault not theirs that the USO got changed :chuckle

If those machines are available then yes I agree with you there. If RM dropped Saturday's on the letter side so not to upset business customers that's a lot of hours gone out of DO's then we could easily be looking at 6-7 hours out on delivery because I don't think there is any agreement where it specifically states that a break has to be taken indoors. I think the union, pandering to the moners, groaners and runners, got it so that people could plan their own breaks, ie run around get done early and knock all your break off the end. :roll:

If parcel separation (all parcels) does eventually happen and RM were to have 2D barcodes on all parcels then I could see them invest (or at least look into) in software that could dynamically generate rounds based on what's due into an office


Parcel separation is inevitable. They can't have what 3 parts of the company all delivering parcels (OPG's, ParcelForce, GLS) it's not cost effective or efficient, not that RM do efficiency :roll: . Something has to give. I think that software is already available on the current system because that was one of the things they were after with the automated hours capture and annualised hours pay.

7 days a week deliveries is going to happen.

Letters and small parcels with OPG's Mon-Fri.

Larger parcels and tracked Mon-Sun

Specials Mon-Sat and possibly Sunday if they decided to grow that product.

Maybe even some sort of collections going on Mon-Sun if collecting from customers home addresses and done by those already delivering parcels.

How they achieve all that is the worrying thing but what is nailed on is that it'll mean the job is going to get a lot harder and more people will be complaining it's the union's fault and not taking a look at their own actions and inactions over the last 8+ years since park and loop came in.

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

22 Dec 2019, 11:07

Sugar wrote:If those machines are available then yes I agree with you there.

The machines already exist, I believe that most letter sorting machine manufacturers all have machines that can seuqnce flats and letters together. No idea if any of them could also handle d2d. I wonder if RM could have a look at d2d only duties and take on many more d2d with all d2ds already collated. 8hr duties just doing D2Ds could cover a much wider area each than a traditional walk, with a different area covered each day

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

22 Dec 2019, 11:13

I don't see anything illogical or uncompetitive with the current system in terms of once across the ground with everything plus Parcel force delivering the very large or heavy items separately. Rico Black obviously wants to mould RM into how he ran GLS and they will be looking to significant if not major changes to the USO before the end of 2020. TP & Ward seem extremely resistant to announcing dates for strike action. I can only assume they think when push comes to shove that us OPGs would not fully support persistent industrial action. On top of this we have strike breaking activities from Rico Black which would negate the effectiveness of any industrial action. In addition it has been mooted that the Conservatives want to weaken employment law further when the existing regulations are routinely flouted and not enforced. The whole system is going down the toilet and I don't think we can stop it now.

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

22 Dec 2019, 11:18

SpacePhoenix wrote: I wonder if RM could have a look at d2d only duties and take on many more d2d with all d2ds already collated. 8hr duties just doing D2Ds could cover a much wider area each than a traditional walk, with a different area covered each day


Crossed my mind also has that. So easy for them to zero hour contract/self employ people to do those over the course of a week and even drop them off at their own homes to sort and prep etc. Could work out cheaper for them to pay others to do them than our current delivery supplement payment.

Scary times ahead.

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

22 Dec 2019, 11:21

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Sugar wrote:If those machines are available then yes I agree with you there.

The machines already exist, I believe that most letter sorting machine manufacturers all have machines that can seuqnce flats and letters together. No idea if any of them could also handle d2d. I wonder if RM could have a look at d2d only duties and take on many more d2d with all d2ds already collated. 8hr duties just doing D2Ds could cover a much wider area each than a traditional walk, with a different area covered each day

Given that paper advertising is more effective than other modes such as online I think it's probable that RM will move much more into that than now. I don't see any economic future in further sequencing of the letters and certainly not the flats which took a serious beating from the GDPR. I don't think even RM predicted how much of an effect the GDPR regulations would have on our business. In the long term RM will almost certainly either pull out of letters or separate that part of the business and sell it on to another company. RM fully admit to wanting to be a parcel courier and that is where they will drag us kicking & screaming.

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

22 Dec 2019, 11:25

Sugar wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote: I wonder if RM could have a look at d2d only duties and take on many more d2d with all d2ds already collated. 8hr duties just doing D2Ds could cover a much wider area each than a traditional walk, with a different area covered each day


Crossed my mind also has that. So easy for them to zero hour contract/self employ people to do those over the course of a week and even drop them off at their own homes to sort and prep etc. Could work out cheaper for them to pay others to do them than our current delivery supplement payment.

Scary times ahead.

It's too obvious where they are taking it now. Long term our jobs are gone. There will be jobs but they won't really be worth having and the pay & conditions will be far less than what we receive now. A bit doom & gloom but that's where we are.

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

22 Dec 2019, 11:27

Celgar wrote:I don't see anything illogical or uncompetitive with the current system in terms of once across the ground with everything plus Parcel force delivering the very large or heavy items separately. Rico Black obviously wants to mould RM into how he ran GLS and they will be looking to significant if not major changes to the USO before the end of 2020. TP & Ward seem extremely resistant to announcing dates for strike action. I can only assume they think when push comes to shove that us OPGs would not fully support persistent industrial action. On top of this we have strike breaking activities from Rico Black which would negate the effectiveness of any industrial action. In addition it has been mooted that the Conservatives want to weaken employment law further when the existing regulations are routinely flouted and not enforced. The whole system is going down the toilet and I don't think we can stop it now.


Issue is we don't go once across the ground. LAT's prove that at the moment. And with the parcel separation OPG's would end up doing the small items including items which don't fit a letterbox but smaller than a shoebox then another driver coming along later in the day with shoebox and bigger sized parcels. Only way you get once over the ground is if all parcels come into a DO and then the OPG manually groups all items, large and small, together as they sort like we currently do when houses get multiple items.

TP & Ward never wanted to strike from day one, looking back it all comes across as wind and piss. Twice now they've screwed up the ballot so a strike didn't happen.

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

22 Dec 2019, 11:35

Celgar wrote: In the long term RM will almost certainly either pull out of letters or separate that part of the business and sell it on to another company. RM fully admit to wanting to be a parcel courier and that is where they will drag us kicking & screaming.


That's most certainly on the cards in the next 3-5 years. Expect it to go back into government hands just like our failed pension citing if they don't the whole company will go under with massive job losses. Smokescreens and mirrors.

Celgar wrote:It's too obvious where they are taking it now. Long term our jobs are gone. There will be jobs but they won't really be worth having and the pay & conditions will be far less than what we receive now. A bit doom & gloom but that's where we are.


Couldn't agree more. Will repeat what I said earlier OPG's only have themselves to blame. For every one person doing the job correctly in a DO 20+ have been carving it up and gifting RM thousands of free hours every week. They now have the PDA data to prove hours can come out of DO's.

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

30 Dec 2019, 17:32

Was the video taken down?

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

30 Dec 2019, 18:59

FAB wrote:Was the video taken down?

No - It does appear

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

06 Jan 2020, 06:48

rogersh wrote:
FAB wrote:Was the video taken down?

No - It does appear

Still only getting...
This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed, or the privacy settings of the post may have changed.
Where video should be!

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

06 Jan 2020, 09:41

FAB wrote:
rogersh wrote:
FAB wrote:Was the video taken down?

No - It does appear

Still only getting...
This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed, or the privacy settings of the post may have changed.
Where video should be!


Do not know why you cannot view.
Try this link. https://www.facebook.com/ThecommunicationsUnion/

If you are not, as me, on facebook, click "not now" when invited to create account & scroll down in videos - LIVE with DGSP Terry Pullinger following today’s National Briefing in Liverpool

Previous page Next page


Page 2 of 2   1, 2