not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

17 Dec 2019, 16:50

17 Dec 2019, 18:32

utter pish
capitulation to rm coming
told guys at work we wouldn,t see any ballot (IF)at all until march
cwu will be on their annual 4 week holidays f**k the rest of us
backing off from action and reballot to encourage more talks ffs
support of members ?? hes had massive support twice and f****d it both times

17 Dec 2019, 18:33

what a waste of space selling out already separate parcel company why not just give everything save your money LEAVE THE UNION NOW !!!!!

17 Dec 2019, 18:36

Seperate parcel company? we could call it parcelforce..oh wait..

17 Dec 2019, 18:40

hans solo wrote:utter pish
capitulation to rm coming
told guys at work we wouldn,t see any ballot (IF)at all until march
cwu will be on their annual 4 week holidays f**k the rest of us
backing off from action and reballot to encourage more talks ffs
support of members ?? hes had massive support twice and f****d it both times

But at some point they're going to have to get round the table and talk. If they're willing to, then now's the best time. No point calling another re-ballot yet if they're willing to engage. They know we will support strike action. So talk, then re-ballot if they try to come up with any shite.

17 Dec 2019, 18:48

Random thoughts:

-That's a nice suit. Not too expensive but he wears it well? (Maybe we can subsidize these videos by doing product placement?)

-So we're.... in talks now? I couldn't exactly tell and had no desire to watch it again to tell.

17 Dec 2019, 19:27

Rise up and send a letter, marvellous! :roll:

17 Dec 2019, 19:37

General Mannerheim wrote:Rise up and send a letter, marvellous! :roll:

The pen is mightier than the sword?

17 Dec 2019, 20:24

Something tells me he will be spending his 4 weeks holiday in the Caribbean!

17 Dec 2019, 20:46

so the 4 pillars is still there....don't understand...when do we go onto the 37 hours sww then and when do the part timers get there pay rise
this ballot was about royal mail not honouring the agreement with the sww and also trying to create a separate parcel company resulting in the loss of 20,000 jobs
maybe ive picked it up wrong but nothing has changed except there willing to talk now
so come march when they refuse to talk again we will be sent a ballot paper with strike action taking place in june just in time for the school holidays and quiet period

17 Dec 2019, 22:03

its a f***ing stitch up again
serving their lords and masters
and it was well worth delaying strike action for a labour victory in the election
same old shite
ive had enough rm can do what they want
i have now taken my pension and lump sums early as it wont be long until they rape that again

17 Dec 2019, 22:16

We had several new starters taken on with a 3 month contract commencing 7th November. It will be interesting to see if their contracts are extended, given that a re-ballot will not be considered until the end of February, or beyond, or at all. Inductions were still taking place for agency staff last week!.
Last edited by rogersh on 18 Dec 2019, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.

18 Dec 2019, 08:36

He doesn't want talks to be subject to mediation. I'm sure Royal Mail will gladly oblige. I'm also sure Royal Mail will be laughing all the way to the High Court when we're balloted without having gone through mediation.

This guy is an absolute joke, talks should have been entered weeks ago and he should be sitting through the mediation just now with a view to reballot as soon as possible. Dave's clearly done n thinks he's in the running for next Labour leader. We have been well and truly shafted.

18 Dec 2019, 09:47

Do they have to go through the whole mediation process again?

21 Dec 2019, 03:18

Going to cost RM to retain these staff if they stay if put on delivery most will quit so just bide time but as I see it we are owed 1 hour off or a pay rise I do hope we don't forget this as it is fall us all.

21 Dec 2019, 18:14

Has Terry had a bang on the head?? What was the CWU banging on about previously when they said that the Royal Mail were not honouring their agreements and were planning on making big changes like spending £1.8 billion on parcel automation? Take a look at this video and Terry's just sort of admitted it that it might be the way forward after all for Royal Mail!! Nothing seems to have changed other than we had a massive ballot to strike which the CWU f**ked up and blamed the establishment for instead of their own ego. We missed the chance to get a real good bargaining position with the threat of a strike before Xmas. Judging by the agency guys that have come in by the truckload to do our jobs over Xmas its clear to me that Royal Mail will be even better prepared to deal with any strike in the new year, having done our jobs and when mail/packets are down.

Hopefully that will be resolved in these new negotiations, but if not, we could be in for a long summer

21 Dec 2019, 19:08

postslippete wrote:Has Terry had a bang on the head?? What was the CWU banging on about previously when they said that the Royal Mail were not honouring their agreements and were planning on making big changes like spending £1.8 billion on parcel automation? Take a look at this video and Terry's just sort of admitted it that it might be the way forward after all for Royal Mail!! Nothing seems to have changed other than we had a massive ballot to strike which the CWU f**ked up and blamed the establishment for instead of their own ego. We missed the chance to get a real good bargaining position with the threat of a strike before Xmas. Judging by the agency guys that have come in by the truckload to do our jobs over Xmas its clear to me that Royal Mail will be even better prepared to deal with any strike in the new year, having done our jobs and when mail/packets are down.

Hopefully that will be resolved in these new negotiations, but if not, we could be in for a long summer

How long to pay agency staff to sit on their ass? but if we can afford to pay some Kraut £ 6 million the world beggars belief whilst still lapsing. The only way we can beat these corrupt bastards is doing the job at a snails pace or properly without mistakes!

21 Dec 2019, 19:15

It's obvious from the body language that there's no appetite for a fight.

They'll take whatever crumbs are offered and dress it up like a win. Royal Mail will let them have something just to keep the members in line because they know they have this lot tucked up in their back pocket.

We're royally screwed but Terry and the rest of the crew will keep their jobs so it's all good for them.

21 Dec 2019, 19:28

Simple reply, this is why we will lose regardless.
I'm in a d.o of 130 walks, I'm a 30 hour pt timer, there are four of us who have taken a stand and done zero overtime.
Slurp slurp, slurp up that overtime, slurp, one day strike, slurp we will clear it the next day, and guess what, we will slurp up that overtime!
Result: waste of time striking because of the slurpers.
And this has what has really pissed me off, out of 5 sub reps, 3 of them are 80 hour a week slurpers.
Result: s**t Mail win.

21 Dec 2019, 22:00

fluxburner wrote:Simple reply, this is why we will lose regardless.
I'm in a d.o of 130 walks, I'm a 30 hour pt timer, there are four of us who have taken a stand and done zero overtime.
Slurp slurp, slurp up that overtime, slurp, one day strike, slurp we will clear it the next day, and guess what, we will slurp up that overtime!
Result: waste of time striking because of the slurpers.
And this has what has really pissed me off, out of 5 sub reps, 3 of them are 80 hour a week slurpers.
Result: s**t Mail win.

Think by taking a stand the four of you are the ones losing out if as you say all the slurpers are getting all the ot.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2