not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

CWU appeal : Update : Appeal has been dismissed!

26 Nov 2019, 15:20

its Thursday apparently

CWU appeal

26 Nov 2019, 17:02

I dont see any reason for the appeal to be successful. Would have been much better idea just to reballot immediately with a view to doing a proper secret ballot that could not be questioned afterwards. We could have had industrial action by December 12th whereas now it will be in the new year which will be totally ineffective.

CWU appeal

26 Nov 2019, 17:09

Celgar wrote:I dont see any reason for the appeal to be successful. Would have been much better idea just to reballot immediately with a view to doing a proper secret ballot that could not be questioned afterwards. We could have had industrial action by December 12th whereas now it will be in the new year which will be totally ineffective.

Even if they'd started the process for a re-ballot straight away with the six week timescale that's been mentioned it would still have been after xmas, probably after the new year anyway

CWU appeal

26 Nov 2019, 18:01

Celgar wrote:I dont see any reason for the appeal to be successful. Would have been much better idea just to reballot immediately with a view to doing a proper secret ballot that could not be questioned afterwards. We could have had industrial action by December 12th whereas now it will be in the new year which will be totally ineffective.

a proper secret ballot WILL be questioned though. they will try literally ANYTHING whatsoever to halt a strike. wouldn't put it past them to stage managers in postie uniforms to film themselves opening ballot papers and filling them out at work. they are a totally deviant employer with utter disrespect for its workforce.

CWU appeal

26 Nov 2019, 18:02

CWU general secretary Dave Ward told the Morning Star: “Appealing this decision is the right thing to do. Not only for our members but for all workers.

I agree with the reasoning for appealing the decision.
While many, myself included, think the appeal decision will not be favourable it will be interesting to see if the judges refer to the general election as a factor in Royal Mail winning the injunction or was it purely "irregularities".
Last edited by rogersh on 26 Nov 2019, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

CWU appeal

26 Nov 2019, 18:44

daveyeff wrote:its Thursday apparently

It’s a waste of time.

CWU appeal

26 Nov 2019, 19:25

scoobydo79 wrote:

It’s a waste of time.

And money

CWU appeal

26 Nov 2019, 19:43

aiden01 wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:

It’s a waste of time.

And money

This^^^^^^

CWU appeal

27 Nov 2019, 11:56

Its not a waste of time if you believe like me it was the wrong decision, right now poll cards are being delivered by non RM companies and some are leaving them on the floor in flats rather then posting them in every door this makes it easy for people to double vote but the result will not be voided. I understand no complaint was made by anyone other then the RM and the use of the election as a reason was political and had nothing to do with our dispute.

CWU appeal

27 Nov 2019, 13:07

Wow never seen so many expert lawers in one place !

CWU appeal

27 Nov 2019, 17:13

All just shows what Back thinks of us all , hating delivering election stuff even more bcause of his arrogance

CWU appeal

27 Nov 2019, 17:57

Chelseablue wrote:All just shows what Back thinks of us all , hating delivering election stuff even more bcause of his arrogance

Other jobs are available..

CWU appeal

27 Nov 2019, 18:51

Its not a waste of time if you believe like me it was the wrong decision

You can still go on the official CWU twitter feed and see videos of guys collecting ballot papers in the office.

Morally questionable the verdict might have been but legally?
It's pretty much an open and shut case of a union encouraging interfering with a secret ballot.

It was a dumb move which could cost us members jobs, terms and conditions, somebody at HQ should carry the can for it but nobody will, they'll just keep blaming the 'establishment' etc.

CWU appeal

27 Nov 2019, 21:18

Agree with rogersh and the CWU’s reasons for appeal on behalf of the wider trade union movement. We need the courts to rule on the extent to which unions can ‘engage’ with their own membership, without falling foul of the current UK law designed to prevent industrial action.

CWU appeal

28 Nov 2019, 10:48

Appeal live here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvLfIe ... Opoxg/live

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5