not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Strikebreakers

01 Dec 2019, 15:40

So I thought the agency workers are being employed just to cover parcels. WTLL on Tuesday I asked if there was a potential for them to be delivering mail. An emphatic NO was the answer from the DOM. By the way, we had a Royal Mail Director at this session. Wont name, but covers West Central Scotland. No comment from him.

Anyway, yesterday there were at least two of them delivering mail I personally witnessed. More lies from management. I'm worried that they're trying to railroad this new workforce in and are going to come to the CWU in the New Year with new terms and conditions. If we strike, then this new workforce will be taking over and we'll be forced to accept the new terms.

It doesn't mention in the latest Trade Union Act about agency staff covering existing duties of staff on strike so maybe this is the angle Royal Mail is trying to take.

Are the CWU really in agreement with this and if so why?

Strikebreakers

01 Dec 2019, 16:05

ssdd wrote:So I thought the agency workers are being employed just to cover parcels. WTLL on Tuesday I asked if there was a potential for them to be delivering mail. An emphatic NO was the answer from the DOM.

I Believe they were Hired to Break Any Strike that occured in the Run up to Christmas, although RM are hardly likely to admit that are they? ;liar To give him his due our DOM said he didn't want them in our DO but they were forced on him at short notice without his agreement. :thumbdown

Royal Mail obviously must have paid up front for these Guys (or signed a contract with the Agencies), or they'd simply have said, "Thanks a Lot ... We don't need them now" and saved the money. Once more it Looks like RM Management have been outmaneuvered by SMARTER Businessmen than themselves. :shock: I don't understand how they would have been used for Large Parcels Only as they don't know the Area? :hmmmm Ours are being used as Van Share Partners... on Duties that are normally done by a single Postie ...... It's a Pain in the Arse as you've got to Re-Jig the Delivery Route so it's actually in some kind of order to Deliver with a LWT. :arrrghhh

You say you were told you got a big NO about them delivering mail, but we've heard nothing of the kind. I share your fears that these Agency Guys will become more Competent over the following weeks, and therefore be more use to RM if we do take IA .... Despite us NOT Training them. :thumbdown

I have no expeirence of "Wild Cat" strikes but have followed a few post on here where they have happened. There doesn't appear to be any significant come back on the DO, apart from an immediate Meeting were all the problems are quickly rectified. Would any DO be penalised if their Posties Refused to work with these Agency Guys ,and simply walked out? :cuppa

Strikebreakers

01 Dec 2019, 16:21

So DorestPlodder, what does your Union Rep have to say about it? I haven't had a chance to speak to mine yet.

Strikebreakers

01 Dec 2019, 16:52

Contact the union guys, they are in no way shape or form allowed on delivery, i have been told this by the midlands union rep so rm are currently breaching rules if they are allowing this.

Strikebreakers

01 Dec 2019, 17:22

leolion855 wrote:Contact the union guys, they are in no way shape or form allowed on delivery, i have been told this by the midlands union rep so rm are currently breaching rules if they are allowing this.

That's what I'm thinking Leo. It was surreal the way I discovered it. Was on my way home on foot when I saw this agency guy with pouch bag delivering mail! I was about to take out my phone and film it because I couldn't believe it was happening after being expressly told more than once they were only there to cover parcels.

At the moment I was about to take my phone out a works van drew up beside me with a line manager driving. I thought "you must have known I was going to do that". However, he was offering me a lift home as he was going that way anyhow. I had a little chat with him about it. I said " I don't believe I'm seeing this", and he replied something along the lines of "I know, the goalposts keep moving". Also he said our Union Rep was aware of it, but I haven't had a chance to confirm that yet.

This Rico Back is certainly the worst thing to happen to Royal Mail in it's entire history and I hope he gets to hear that.

Strikebreakers

02 Dec 2019, 01:49

This Rico Back is certainly the worst thing to happen to Royal Mail in it's entire history and I hope he gets to hear that.[/quote]

Further to my last post and on revising the rules of RMC, and in case any of the PC police are watching, I would like to revise my statement to say I think the new style management is the worst thing to happen to Royal Mail in it's entire history.

Strikebreakers

02 Dec 2019, 18:08

Was chatting to one earlier and he seemed abit confused by the whole set up himself, nice chap he was. He was off out to drop off 7 letterbox size packets that someone had managed to leave behind. I’m guessing he wasn’t a local lad as he returned at exactly the same time as me and I had just done 4 loops plus 10 oversize.

Strikebreakers

02 Dec 2019, 19:08

ssdd wrote:So DorsetPlodder, what does your Union Rep have to say about it? I haven't had a chance to speak to mine yet.

He showed me a Letter he'd had from our Area CWU Office (on his i-pad). All it mentioned was that these Agency Guys ARE NOT TO TRAINED by either the Workplace Training Coach, Or any OPGs :no no

It didn't mention anything about what they were Allowed, or Not Allowed, to do. TBH they're so Bloody Useless out on Delivery that they're probably causing RM more problems than they're solving. Our DOM reckons the quality of service statistics are going to go through the floor, due to the amount of Cock Ups they're making! :cuppa

Strikebreakers

03 Dec 2019, 22:59

Well, I've seen these agency workers now being used to do deliveries going out with posties as well as delivering parcels. My advice is not to give them any loops to deliver on their own - but to walk round with them. I think RM have an agreement with the agency that they only get paid for a set number of hours - so if they exceed it then they don't get paid! Its total b*llocks that RM are saying that walks will fail due to excess volumes at Xmas because its funny how we manage to deliver everything last Xmas (and every Xmas preceding it when mail volumes were a lot higher) without all these agency guys?? :hmmmm :hmmmm

Like I said in a previous post these agency guys are costing Royal Mail an absolute bomb. Its obvious that they were employed by those higher up in the Royal Mail food chain because the Union were planning to go on strike. And they have employed loads of them - they all look like bl**dy minions in their yellow jackets!! Congratulations Rico you sure know how to sha*t your workforce by employing a reserve army that have had some basic training and can be called upon if strike action happens. We all know what the Unions stance is on a two-tier workforce that doesn't get equal pay, terms and conditions are don't we??

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3