not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 18:55

Hitcher wrote:They're trying to hide them in our office by using them for packets in the afternoon.

Loads of fucks from what I'm hearing though which is to be expected with a few minutes training from a lino.

Same here, but ours are great! They get 4 hrs to take out os out and they even take the slip lefts to the po!

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 19:15

leolion855 wrote:
Hitcher wrote:They're trying to hide them in our office by using them for packets in the afternoon.

Loads of fucks from what I'm hearing though which is to be expected with a few minutes training from a lino.

Same here, but ours are great! They get 4 hrs to take out os out and they even take the slip lefts to the po!

Can someone translate this? I've got a lot of beers in me, and feel like I'm missing something.

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 19:27

fluxburner wrote:
leolion855 wrote:

Can someone translate this? I've got a lot of beers in me, and feel like I'm missing something.

os, oversized
po, post office
good workers

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 19:33

Ah! OK makes sense now. Beers certainly make things look nonsensical.

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 19:45

Celgar wrote:The DOMs were only informed a week before these agency staff were due to start in the larger DOs and are not pleased about it either. There is no time or capacity to train them so they are of no use and there won't be any industrial action this side of Xmas if at all now.
PS Would it make more sense to send them to the MCs instead or do they already have enough casual staff ??

Probably enough casuals already, besides there's probably no budget for them anyway

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 20:09

leolion855 wrote:

os, oversized
po, post office
good workers[/quote]

If you're going to use abbreviations 885 I think it's probably a good idea to try and use some Nationaly Recognised ones :thumbup .... Instead of just making them up, and confusing all us Thickos! :hmmmm I take it by "Slips" you mean 739s? :cuppa

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 20:41

worked in 2 delivery offices for 25 years never seen an xmas casual yet none this year either

Strikebreakers

28 Nov 2019, 00:22

I don't work in delivery land but I heard today when I went to a DO that the DOM had told the packet/collection drivers as of next week all the PDA's and red fleet Van's have to go to the xmas casual drivers and the postmen have to use the hire vehicles and use old pen and paper dockets! What the f#*@k is that all about? :hmmmm.........but then again I know the DOM in that office (he was a union rep many years ago) he has caused many industrial unrest in the offices they send him too when he pissed off the previous DO's he loves to stoke an already tense situation! Always has done for many many years :roll:

Strikebreakers

28 Nov 2019, 03:37

postieblueshirt wrote:worked in 2 delivery offices for 25 years never seen an xmas casual yet none this year either

Used too have them 30 years ago. Used to be the same faces year in and out.

Strikebreakers

28 Nov 2019, 17:16

Post69 wrote:I don't work in delivery land but I heard today when I went to a DO that the DOM had told the packet/collection drivers as of next week all the PDA's and red fleet Van's have to go to the xmas casual drivers and the postmen have to use the hire vehicles and use old pen and paper dockets! What the f#*@k is that all about? :hmmmm.........but then again I know the DOM in that office (he was a union rep many years ago) he has caused many industrial unrest in the offices they send him too when he pissed off the previous DO's he loves to stoke an already tense situation! Always has done for many many years :roll:

There is some Logic to Casuals using the Red Fleet Vans. It's a kind of Statement that they are actually working for Royal Mail .... and not coning customers. We had a similiar thing a few years ago. Plus RM Drivers are considered to be more Trustworthy with the Nice Shiney Hire Van (that RM do not want to pay any damages for). :hmmmm And at least they "Look" like Posties to Support the "This Van is On Hire to Royal Mail" sign in the windscreen. :left:

I suppose the Logic behind Posties reverting to Pen & Paper is at least they're likely to be able to manage it. :hmmmm Most of the Casuals we have seem to be incapable of even using the PDA.... they certainly would Melt Down if having to go Old School. :cuppa

Strikebreakers

28 Nov 2019, 17:48

Dorset Plodder wrote:I suppose the Logic behind Posties reverting to Pen & Paper is at least they're likely to be able to manage it. :hmmmm Most of the Casuals we have seem to be incapable of even using the PDA.... they certainly would Melt Down if having to go Old School. :cuppa

From reading another thread about the PDAs, it looks like pen and paper might be the rule anyway with the software being f****d up

Strikebreakers

28 Nov 2019, 18:31

Post69 wrote:I don't work in delivery land but I heard today when I went to a DO that the DOM had told the packet/collection drivers as of next week all the PDA's and red fleet Van's have to go to the xmas casual drivers and the postmen have to use the hire vehicles

It's in case they damage the van; same thing in our office but even our packet drivers aren't allowed to drive the hire vans because they caused £6000 worth of damage to them last year. So instead the hire vans are given to those duties that have a good driving record.

Strikebreakers

28 Nov 2019, 18:55

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:I suppose the Logic behind Posties reverting to Pen & Paper is at least they're likely to be able to manage it. :hmmmm Most of the Casuals we have seem to be incapable of even using the PDA.... they certainly would Melt Down if having to go Old School. :cuppa

From reading another thread about the PDAs, it looks like pen and paper might be the rule anyway with the software being f****d up

I suppose we all love to moan about something. TBH the PDAs don't stress me out that much. The Update means you often have to navigate a couple of more menus (which wastes time), I always try and "Lock" my screen between use (otherwise is starts playing by itself as buttons are hit in your pocket ... and your about 20 menus from where you started :crazy: )

It obviously doesn't like the wet, ironic for a country like ours :shock: A lot of the scanning problems seem to be caused by rain on the lens of the scanner (give it a wipe). I don't like the way it "Sends" your scanned codes by itself sometimes. :shock: I think it's because you rotate/tilt the PDA as you're taking it back off the customer. :hmmmm I'll always scan a special again ... just to make sure ... but so far I've had no come backs , so they must be sent? :hmmmm

The "Freezing Up" is a pain in the ass! :arrrghhh No Logic to it you'll be going along fine and then .. It "Freezes" :mad Normally after you've just scanned the item ... knocked on the door ... and it won't bring up the keypad for spelling! Yes we know we can Re-boot it but that takes time. I always carry my ID card so it's a quick scan ... but I know some Posties that don't. :no no

The most annoying thing about parcels is the Lack of a Removable Sticker with the number on. :thumbdown Old Style Recorded, and Special, Stickers were great. You could peel off the panel and put it on the 739. Having to write it out is a waste of time and bloody damn near impossible when it's pissing down! :crazy: As for Tracked Items, that aren't delivered, I'll be buggered if I'm writing those even longer numbers out freehand... it's a waste of time .... and a pain if it's raining! :sad: If the way forward is more parcels they should work on that problem .... That's if they're going to be giving us any parcels to Deliver. :pray

Apart from that there's not really a problem. :cuppa

Strikebreakers

28 Nov 2019, 22:41

The belt pda holsters are good, never seem to have a problem with my PDA on a fleece wearing day when i can access the holster. Not compatible with the showerproof coat though and it goes in the pocket where i get all the problems listed above. Why they dont bring out a smart type watch version i'll never know, oh hang on, that'll be the cost obviously, same as the unsuitable clothing we have to put up with.

Strikebreakers

29 Nov 2019, 00:14

Hitcher wrote:
Post69 wrote:I don't work in delivery land but I heard today when I went to a DO that the DOM had told the packet/collection drivers as of next week all the PDA's and red fleet Van's have to go to the xmas casual drivers and the postmen have to use the hire vehicles

It's in case they damage the van; same thing in our office but even our packet drivers aren't allowed to drive the hire vans because they caused £6000 worth of damage to them last year. So instead the hire vans are given to those duties that have a good driving record.

That's fair enough then! All the hire Van's I'm seeing are all brand spanking new bet they don't go back like that :chuckle

Strikebreakers

29 Nov 2019, 12:27

HI,
I am one of the Pertemps agency workers mentioned. It is my intention to submit a more detailed post about my situation and experience at RM on this forum either tomorrow or Sunday.

But, in the meantime, can I assure you that I and the others (there are 12 of us so far) that I have spoke to have no intentions what soever to be used as strike breakers and we have NO intentions of crossing picket lines to do any work during any strike that may take place.
I don't think that 12 untrained people would make any difference anyway!

As far as I am concerned, we are here to help with the Christmas rush by taking out the bigger parcels & packets. :nervous

Thanks (please read my more detailed post to follow)

Strikebreakers

29 Nov 2019, 22:26

Mr Plod wrote:HI,
I am one of the Pertemps agency workers mentioned. It is my intention to submit a more detailed post about my situation and experience at RM on this forum either tomorrow or Sunday.

But, in the meantime, can I assure you that I and the others (there are 12 of us so far) that I have spoke to have no intentions what soever to be used as strike breakers and we have NO intentions of crossing picket lines to do any work during any strike that may take place.
I don't think that 12 untrained people would make any difference anyway!

As far as I am concerned, we are here to help with the Christmas rush by taking out the bigger parcels & packets. :nervous

Thanks (please read my more detailed post to follow)

Well Done Mr Plod :Applause I only hope more of you Agency Guys have some Morals. I've got one working with me and TBH I'm not giving him that much of a hard time (although he's finding it hard enough to get his head around .... strange as Royal Mail are always telling us, "Anyone could just walk in off the street and do your job" :left: ). He wasn't even aware of the Strike Situation, and simply answered an Ad for Christmas Workers at Royal Mail. In fact the Agency gave him the impression that it could lead to a Full Time Job. :no no Which in my Opinion is Out of Order. :cuppa

Strikebreakers

29 Nov 2019, 23:12

These agency workers,we've got about a dozen of them working at the depot. Never seen so many at Xmas and they have been specifically recruited to take out large parcels.

And i did think if we went on strike - what are Royal Mails priorities?? 1. Specials and 2. Tracked deliveries. Its certainly not letters no matter what Royal Mail say about the USO. The USO that RM have got in mind is that which relates to delivering parcels.

Strikebreakers

30 Nov 2019, 00:34

Dorset Plodder wrote:
Post69 wrote:I don't work in delivery land but I heard today when I went to a DO that the DOM had told the packet/collection drivers as of next week all the PDA's and red fleet Van's have to go to the xmas casual drivers and the postmen have to use the hire vehicles and use old pen and paper dockets! What the f#*@k is that all about? :hmmmm.........but then again I know the DOM in that office (he was a union rep many years ago) he has caused many industrial unrest in the offices they send him too when he pissed off the previous DO's he loves to stoke an already tense situation! Always has done for many many years :roll:

There is some Logic to Casuals using the Red Fleet Vans. It's a kind of Statement that they are actually working for Royal Mail .... and not coning customers. We had a similiar thing a few years ago. Plus RM Drivers are considered to be more Trustworthy with the Nice Shiney Hire Van (that RM do not want to pay any damages for). :hmmmm And at least they "Look" like Posties to Support the "This Van is On Hire to Royal Mail" sign in the windscreen. :left:

I suppose the Logic behind Posties reverting to Pen & Paper is at least they're likely to be able to manage it. :hmmmm Most of the Casuals we have seem to be incapable of even using the PDA.... they certainly would Melt Down if having to go Old School. :cuppa

Yeah valid points! And this is were this f#*king half wit back needs to realise what delivery/collection postman actually do before he started discrediting the workforce :no no ! I was a delivery postman 20+ years ago obviously a lot younger aswell but I look at those guys now and again obviously know a fair few of them and I admit I couldn't do that job anymore :roll: (I'll just stick to network driver)

Strikebreakers

30 Nov 2019, 02:36

Dorset Plodder wrote:I'll always scan a special again ... just to make sure

So you ask the customer to sign for it twice? :arrrghhh

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3