not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Strikebreakers

25 Nov 2019, 16:44

How are you all spreading your pdas around as we dont have any spare in our place.

Strikebreakers

25 Nov 2019, 17:07

viking1488 wrote:i walked back into the office today and what a smack in the face to see 10 or more causal workers..... right my question is 1. are they here for xmas or for good 2. if there doing the packets what are we suppose to do as its not long to xmas and ive not seen a xmas card im starting to think are jobs are on the line here never seen this happen in 20 years in a d/o and more to the point what are the union doing or saying about this this casual workforce is so wrong in so many ways i take it thats all ot stuffed for them who need it i feel sorry for part-timers right now a lot do a lot for rm through the year this is a total back stab i just cant get my head around this why shaft your own employees this is total crazy

Apparently the union has agreed with RM about using agency staff... :sad:

Strikebreakers

26 Nov 2019, 16:28

We have some in our DO, just turned up this week. :thumbdown I'm afraid the DOM got a mouthful first thing, when all he'd basically said was, "I've got a Contract Guy to help you out with your Delivery". Perhaps I should have had a Snicker ... I'm an Arsehole when I'm Hungry! :cool

To be serious, I did say, "We'll I won't be training him. I don't agree with Training other Royal Mail Staff, as I'm NOT the Work Place Coach (who gets paid for it), so I'm certainly NOT training Agency Staff. He can come for a ride in the van but don't expect anything else!" :speak to the hand I was Fuming at being put in this position,by Management, and the CWU. Our Rep had an E-Mail stating that we were NOT to Train any Agency Staff, it was to be done by Managers but that's pretty Lame. What else is being done about it. :hmmmm

When the lad turned up I was civil to him, because at the end of the day he's just another working guy trying to pay the bills. I asked him if he knew about the Current Situation and he didn't have a clue. :crazy: He'd just answered the advert for Christmas Casuals. He was under the impression it might lead to a Full Time Job with Royal Mail. I told him I didn't want to "Rain on his Parade" but after Christmas he'd probably find they didn't want him any more. :no no

I find this a Very Embarrassing Situation. It's like something out of the Great Depression ... "Who wants a Job ..... First Ten Men here". :cuppa

Strikebreakers

26 Nov 2019, 17:47

They're trying to hide them in our office by using them for packets in the afternoon.

Loads of f**k ups from what I'm hearing though which is to be expected with a few minutes training from a lino.
Last edited by Hitcher on 27 Nov 2019, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 17:51

The DOMs were only informed a week before these agency staff were due to start in the larger DOs and are not pleased about it either. There is no time or capacity to train them so they are of no use and there won't be any industrial action this side of Xmas if at all now.
PS Would it make more sense to send them to the MCs instead or do they already have enough casual staff ??

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 17:55

Hitcher wrote:They're trying to hide them in our office by using them for packets in the afternoon.

Loads of fucks from what I'm hearing though which is to be expected with a few minutes training from a lino.

Same here, but ours are great! They get 4 hrs to take out os out and they even take the slip lefts to the po!

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 18:15

leolion855 wrote:
Hitcher wrote:They're trying to hide them in our office by using them for packets in the afternoon.

Loads of fucks from what I'm hearing though which is to be expected with a few minutes training from a lino.

Same here, but ours are great! They get 4 hrs to take out os out and they even take the slip lefts to the po!

Can someone translate this? I've got a lot of beers in me, and feel like I'm missing something.

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 18:27

fluxburner wrote:
leolion855 wrote:

Can someone translate this? I've got a lot of beers in me, and feel like I'm missing something.

os, oversized
po, post office
good workers

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 18:33

Ah! OK makes sense now. Beers certainly make things look nonsensical.

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 18:45

Celgar wrote:The DOMs were only informed a week before these agency staff were due to start in the larger DOs and are not pleased about it either. There is no time or capacity to train them so they are of no use and there won't be any industrial action this side of Xmas if at all now.
PS Would it make more sense to send them to the MCs instead or do they already have enough casual staff ??

Probably enough casuals already, besides there's probably no budget for them anyway

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 19:09

leolion855 wrote:

os, oversized
po, post office
good workers[/quote]

If you're going to use abbreviations 885 I think it's probably a good idea to try and use some Nationaly Recognised ones :thumbup .... Instead of just making them up, and confusing all us Thickos! :hmmmm I take it by "Slips" you mean 739s? :cuppa

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 19:41

worked in 2 delivery offices for 25 years never seen an xmas casual yet none this year either

Strikebreakers

27 Nov 2019, 23:22

I don't work in delivery land but I heard today when I went to a DO that the DOM had told the packet/collection drivers as of next week all the PDA's and red fleet Van's have to go to the xmas casual drivers and the postmen have to use the hire vehicles and use old pen and paper dockets! What the f#*@k is that all about? :hmmmm.........but then again I know the DOM in that office (he was a union rep many years ago) he has caused many industrial unrest in the offices they send him too when he pissed off the previous DO's he loves to stoke an already tense situation! Always has done for many many years :roll:

Strikebreakers

28 Nov 2019, 02:37

postieblueshirt wrote:worked in 2 delivery offices for 25 years never seen an xmas casual yet none this year either

Used too have them 30 years ago. Used to be the same faces year in and out.

Strikebreakers

28 Nov 2019, 16:16

Post69 wrote:I don't work in delivery land but I heard today when I went to a DO that the DOM had told the packet/collection drivers as of next week all the PDA's and red fleet Van's have to go to the xmas casual drivers and the postmen have to use the hire vehicles and use old pen and paper dockets! What the f#*@k is that all about? :hmmmm.........but then again I know the DOM in that office (he was a union rep many years ago) he has caused many industrial unrest in the offices they send him too when he pissed off the previous DO's he loves to stoke an already tense situation! Always has done for many many years :roll:

There is some Logic to Casuals using the Red Fleet Vans. It's a kind of Statement that they are actually working for Royal Mail .... and not coning customers. We had a similiar thing a few years ago. Plus RM Drivers are considered to be more Trustworthy with the Nice Shiney Hire Van (that RM do not want to pay any damages for). :hmmmm And at least they "Look" like Posties to Support the "This Van is On Hire to Royal Mail" sign in the windscreen. :left:

I suppose the Logic behind Posties reverting to Pen & Paper is at least they're likely to be able to manage it. :hmmmm Most of the Casuals we have seem to be incapable of even using the PDA.... they certainly would Melt Down if having to go Old School. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4