not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Strikebreakers

24 Nov 2019, 14:00

We still have 20 strikebreakers in our building got in by Rico Back getting £20 an hour to sit upstairs 5 hours a day doing nothing who were employed before the court case stopped the strike. Make you wonder how much this is costing over the whole country

Strikebreakers

24 Nov 2019, 15:01

Apparently the temp company ( Pertemp ) has been paid 6 weeks upfront , we have 3 on £12.75 an hour so not sure how much the temp company is getting. The DIM has no idea on what he's going to use them on as there's no spare vans. The rep has signed 2 up already lol.

Strikebreakers

24 Nov 2019, 15:10

We got agency workers in our company. Ah well never wanted the overtime anyway.

Strikebreakers

24 Nov 2019, 15:43

they could always be employed to chip some shiiite offa the pans as rm seems to be responsible for a lot more s**t these days than people generally give them credit for :cuppa

they will need all training and coaching ONLY by management though :coolr ; which should be a complete shitestorm...make mine a vindaloo washed down with a gallon of guiness... :crazy:

i SUGGEST the cwu ballots all members to begin sitting on the khazi reverse cowboy style and shitt-scuffing the porcelain immediately :shhhhh . Industrial action as the shiiyght of our lives :left: ...that should give the managers & strike breakers sommat to justify their time/wages on a daily basis. Slopping-out :oops: when the cleaners come out on strike, too... :hmmmm everyone in 10 mins early for a dump...then hit the gate, at the start of the working day...thus giving 'that' a good 24 hrs for managers to mull-over :cry .

working to an unspoken contract = No flushing til 2020 or next ballot result. 97.1% giving it the shiite of our lives and you can be sure that our daily suffering s**t will roll back 'uphill' for a change.

Dirty protest: You may not be able to polish a turd but the essence of my 'turds' and conditions have had their shine taken offa them; by management/CEO earlier this year. Even a bit of Christmas glitter (stamps/bonus/election payments +overtime) aint gonna make my shitt stink any better. mr Black I can't promise you a herr-y black one (my 'hot' present) this year, but i swear i'll push for a sizable 'nutty bleeder'. It's the thought that counts, I know. Frohliche Weinachten!
Last edited by work on 24 Nov 2019, 16:13, edited 2 times in total.

Strikebreakers

24 Nov 2019, 15:56

eastie wrote:We still have 20 strikebreakers in our building got in by Rico Back getting £20 an hour to sit upstairs 5 hours a day doing nothing who were employed before the court case stopped the strike. Make you wonder how much this is costing over the whole country

Something else to tell the shareholders :wink:

Strikebreakers

24 Nov 2019, 16:15

eastie wrote:We still have 20 strikebreakers in our building got in by Rico Back getting £20 an hour to sit upstairs 5 hours a day doing nothing who were employed before the court case stopped the strike. Make you wonder how much this is costing over the whole country

noggin1969 wrote:Apparently the temp company ( Pertemp ) has been paid 6 weeks upfront , we have 3 on £12.75 an hour so not sure how much the temp company is getting. The DIM has no idea on what he's going to use them on as there's no spare vans. The rep has signed 2 up already lol.

So in a way the injunction has kinda backfired on RM

Strikebreakers

24 Nov 2019, 17:25

19 strike breakers at our place yesterday. Lino didn't know what to do with them so got them to prep next weeks d2d (no nesting ?) for the whole office !.
All on 4 hours but lino not bothered because its not come out of the office budget. Thought they may have stood them down but if the business has paid the
agency upfront as suggested on here they may as well use them I suppose.

Strikebreakers

24 Nov 2019, 18:29

transporter03 wrote:19 strike breakers at our place yesterday. Lino didn't know what to do with them so got them to prep next weeks d2d (no nesting ?) for the whole office !.
All on 4 hours but lino not bothered because its not come out of the office budget. Thought they may have stood them down but if the business has paid the

How can they be 'strike breakers' if we're not on strike? Do you mean they are casuals who were brought it in case we went on strike?

Strikebreakers

24 Nov 2019, 19:36

transporter03 wrote:19 strike breakers at our place yesterday. Lino didn't know what to do with them so got them to prep next weeks d2d (no nesting ?) for the whole office !.

How do you know they would have crossed a picket line.

Strikebreakers

24 Nov 2019, 20:44

i hope it costs the company a fortune by taking these extra agency staff on thinking they wasn't going to get an injunction to stop I/a , another cunning waste of money , :thumbup

Strikebreakers

24 Nov 2019, 21:42

"Strike breakers" you mean xmas casuals because I don't think you've noticed but we aren't on strike :hmmmm and for the last 35 years I've been in royal mail we've always had casuals at xmas.......called "xmas casuals" and they get interviewed around end of September..........i think its something out of nothing :cuppa

Strikebreakers

25 Nov 2019, 06:04

Post69 wrote:"Strike breakers" you mean xmas casuals because I don't think you've noticed but we aren't on strike :hmmmm and for the last 35 years I've been in royal mail we've always had casuals at xmas.......called "xmas casuals" and they get interviewed around end of September..........i think its something out of nothing :cuppa

yes we do have casuals at xmas but we have never had these in delivery offices , well never in ours anyway , we used to have to get on our hands and knees for a hire van to take parcels never mind extra bodys , weve had 4 hire vans sat in the yard since the beginning of November ( I wonder why ? ) and they are still sat there now as we haven't got the staff to drive them . also the p/t have been told that none of them will be getting made up to full time this year and that's maybe the cost of all the agency staff they have taken on thinking that we would be stood on the gate , we still might be yet , appeal and High court hearing on Thursday :thumbup

Strikebreakers

25 Nov 2019, 10:26

worktotime wrote:
Post69 wrote:"Strike breakers" you mean xmas casuals because I don't think you've noticed but we aren't on strike :hmmmm and for the last 35 years I've been in royal mail we've always had casuals at xmas.......called "xmas casuals" and they get interviewed around end of September..........i think its something out of nothing :cuppa

yes we do have casuals at xmas but we have never had these in delivery offices , well never in ours anyway , we used to have to get on our hands and knees for a hire van to take parcels never mind extra bodys , weve had 4 hire vans sat in the yard since the beginning of November ( I wonder why ? ) and they are still sat there now as we haven't got the staff to drive them . also the p/t have been told that none of them will be getting made up to full time this year and that's maybe the cost of all the agency staff they have taken on thinking that we would be stood on the gate , we still might be yet , appeal and High court hearing on Thursday :thumbup

Yes plenty of vans/lorries aswell we have about 25+ Van's and 15 hgv's and all have been sitting like you say for weeks (in fact the beginning of November) but these hire companies won't hire unless royal mail sign a 3 month contract (like they did last year and the year before! And anyway they don't need hired Van's if we are on strike they can use the red fleet plenty of them will be available and ya gonna need a lot more xmas casuals (sorry strike breakers) than a dozen or so in every office to make a significant impact :cuppa

Strikebreakers

25 Nov 2019, 10:27

worktotime wrote:

:Applause well said:

IMO these casuals are costing us our payrises/sww/overtime/ft contracts for decent workers due em...for goodness sakes...this is the thin end of the wedge, folks...all that bullshit about absorption and innefficiency yet RMG can afford to have managers payrises and xmas bonuses (in advance and backdated)/hire vans sat around waiting for trained workers...it seems to me the company wants to divide and rule even within DO... feck that, they owe us our dues and the cost of all the above would have easily covered it...it is yet another dirty tactic, offering casual labour more money (and paying the agencies even more for the privilege) to do our normal work/the cushy inside warm work whilst stuffing us lot outta the door to deliver their version of 'democracy!'

if you didn't realise it we are in a fight and these are the digs coming under the belt thick and fast. come on cwu...get the feck up offa your knees and let's get back at em. the gloves are off i tells ya...gonna be a new contract on the table after they've cashed in this GE AND XMAS profit...we are being shafted NOW and we are belly-up for more of the same unless we keep our heads held high and stick the feck together...there are more of us than them and we are dignified in our manner: we don't fight dirty but remain solid: we will not be moved (backwards)...but for goodness sakes CWU you need to carry our momentum forwards...on the feckin rise remember...97.1% want you to get this done...100% know this company disrespected our vote...time to call in the heavy mob and Labour, fellow unions, the left media should be mobilising a workers charter.

The fat-cats will pay whatever it takes to hold onto their ill-gotten gains (on the backs of ripping you and I off); I want what's mine and I for one am prepared to fight for my fellow workers and next generation NOT to allow years of democratically won rights/terms and conditions to go to the greedy, Thatcherite, neo-liberal, capitalist, black-hearted scum whom have risen to the top of their fiefdoms by sheer privilege, conceit and crooked union-busting corruption of justice.

If you tolerate this then your children will be next.

At the very top of our 'non-existant' society is the truly sickening expectation that we should pay out of a public purse for a royal prince to support HIS PAL: a convicted paedophile/human traffiker/abuser and groomer of minors, because they are all 'friends'...WTF WHY HAS THE PM NOT CONDEMNED THIS AND CUT OFF THE PRINCE'S ALLOWANCE/GROUNDED HIM/STUCK HIM IN BELMARSH PENDING FBI QUESTIONING...

...IMO because the bugger also personally gives not a hoot for women/children either...(he has a police record for his conduct toward women and doesn't even know how many children he has; neither does wiki)

these are the despicable donkeys that are leading us so called British Lions...they are not for the many...they are selfish and revolting, tax-dodger, grabbing millionaire types whom have bullied their way to the pinnacle of their respective privileged lives by not being motivated by owt but their own agenda.

To keep these people in positions is a mockery of justice and I feel ashamed to work for them...it's our labour that is allowing them to ride roughshod over us, lording it up in some vain attempt to unite our nation...FOR THEIR BENEFIT...NOT OURS.

This GE one should think about one's vote that your mother's and father's fought for. The vote is for the individual to cast. But you are voting for the benefit of the country, the many, the future...NOT the individual, the few, the present. Conservatism wants to conserve what it has. Feck that. My vote counts for those whom conservatism would ignore in order to preserve their already privileged position. My vote counts for those who haven't got privilege (the many) as I will never support those who already have it, yet, refuse to behave accordingly to any civilised morality.

12th 12th EAT THE RICH AND MAKE 'EM PAY BACK WHAT THEY GENUINELY OWE EACH AND EVERY LAST ONE OF US...tax em and make them pay...we deserve some payback...redistribution of wealth is a bloody good idea...our country needs to rise again....together we stand....British Lions guided by Courage, Discipline, Respect for Others, Integrity, Loyalty and Selfless Commitment...the seven values of our Army...we rise again! :coolr

Strikebreakers

25 Nov 2019, 16:21

i walked back into the office today and what a smack in the face to see 10 or more causal workers..... right my question is 1. are they here for xmas or for good 2. if there doing the packets what are we suppose to do as its not long to xmas and ive not seen a xmas card im starting to think are jobs are on the line here never seen this happen in 20 years in a d/o and more to the point what are the union doing or saying about this this casual workforce is so wrong in so many ways i take it thats all ot stuffed for them who need it i feel sorry for part-timers right now a lot do a lot for rm through the year this is a total back stab i just cant get my head around this why shaft your own employees this is total crazy

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4