not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



I cancelled my union subscription

29 Dec 2019, 19:06

I will opt out of the Labour part of my union fees if they appoint another poor leader, i will stick with the union they have done us proud for years if only the workers would listen but for years we have done our own thing then cry foul when we get more work.

I cancelled my union subscription

30 Dec 2019, 00:07

cpsteve wrote:I will opt out of the Labour part of my union fees if they appoint another poor leader, i will stick with the union they have done us proud for years if only the workers would listen but for years we have done our own thing then cry foul when we get more work.

Yeah your not wrong :Applause the amount of people bitch on about the job and they actually have to work their actual hours :arrrghhh I've just read a text on a family members phone who works for a small business he got the text on xmas day saying "we have a problem with a oven that was installed by us but doesn't work can you go and replace or have a go with repair" he then replied what today (xmas day) can't it wait until tomorrow? The answer he go was "yes today and if you don't class yourself as unemployed" can you imagine that in royal mail :crazy:

I cancelled my union subscription

30 Dec 2019, 17:23

Post69 wrote:
cpsteve wrote:I will opt out of the Labour part of my union fees if they appoint another poor leader, i will stick with the union they have done us proud for years if only the workers would listen but for years we have done our own thing then cry foul when we get more work.

Yeah your not wrong :Applause the amount of people bitch on about the job and they actually have to work their actual hours :arrrghhh I've just read a text on a family members phone who works for a small business he got the text on xmas day saying "we have a problem with a oven that was installed by us but doesn't work can you go and replace or have a go with repair" he then replied what today (xmas day) can't it wait until tomorrow? The answer he go was "yes today and if you don't class yourself as unemployed" can you imagine that in royal mail :crazy:



That does seem a bit bizarre and OTT. Unless he was on call and would be expecting call outs then thats unacceptable - what would have happened if he’d been drinking or rolling around drunk which he’s entitled to do on a day off!!

I cancelled my union subscription

30 Dec 2019, 19:32

Not if he's on an on-call rota he isn't.

I cancelled my union subscription

31 Dec 2019, 05:49

Tman wrote:Not if he's on an on-call rota he isn't.





Errrrrrrr........... re-read my post, especially the second sentence. That’s exactly what I said!!!!!!

I cancelled my union subscription

02 Jan 2020, 00:17

GRS wrote:
Post69 wrote:
cpsteve wrote:I will opt out of the Labour part of my union fees if they appoint another poor leader, i will stick with the union they have done us proud for years if only the workers would listen but for years we have done our own thing then cry foul when we get more work.

Yeah your not wrong :Applause the amount of people bitch on about the job and they actually have to work their actual hours :arrrghhh I've just read a text on a family members phone who works for a small business he got the text on xmas day saying "we have a problem with a oven that was installed by us but doesn't work can you go and replace or have a go with repair" he then replied what today (xmas day) can't it wait until tomorrow? The answer he go was "yes today and if you don't class yourself as unemployed" can you imagine that in royal mail :crazy:



That does seem a bit bizarre and OTT. Unless he was on call and would be expecting call outs then thats unacceptable - what would have happened if he’d been drinking or rolling around drunk which he’s entitled to do on a day off!!


No not on call just a so called self employed working man who is getting work from an ever increasing number of companies that DO treat a self employed workforce like that because they can and will (this is the real world ) and now boris and his disciples have got another 5 years and have already dropped sections of protecting works right bill let's see if this will become the norm after 5 year of this shitty government :hmmmm I'm thinking a lot sooner but I'll be very happy to be proved wrong :cuppa that's why I keep with my union!

I cancelled my union subscription

31 Jan 2020, 17:47

Me too got a stage 1 after a accident at work rep said he wasnt qualified to deal with it, I've complained about the size and huge amounts of parcel discrepancies between jobs and nothing happen unfortunately the union only wants to help the lazy gets who will always vote yes and always strike for me losing big parcels can only help.
Its the people who I work with who never have a ruff bag round at there fittings and have 1 oversized per day who should be very worried.

I cancelled my union subscription

31 Jan 2020, 22:12

Its always handy to be in the Union just in case you don't have a great relationship with your line manager. I would say most managers seem to pander to those who help them out with overtime as required and get looked after whilst those that continually leave loops and have general disagreements over workloads tend to get the short straw.

Previous page Next page


Page 5 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5