not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 10:06

Goodbye

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 11:13

Subman wrote:It's like being at a football match.

In front of me are a group of supporters singing in full voice. They have been here before, this is their team and they will always be there.

To my right there are more supporters ready to recognise the flaws in their team and recognise a mistake or an own goal when it happens. These supporters know the team has given them many good times, this is not the time to be giving up, and the whole team is worth supporting.

To my left there are others some new, some have been unfortunate and been to a few bad games and then there are few looking for an excuse to save themselves a few bob and get the early train home.

One of these guys is leaving,I look up at the clock, ten minutes has gone. I'm thinking, we will probably score by the time he gets out of the stadium, never mind by the time he gets home. I'm also thinking my team may lose but somebody has
definitely lost already.


:Applause A Very Good anology Subman .... very apt. :cuppa

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 11:26

clique wrote:I have chucked in my CWU membership because:.


That's a shame mate. I think you should just have some confidence in the final outcome of this situation. We know we're up against not only the RM Management, but also the Establishment. :no no

As the chuggers who knock on my door are always telling me, "For the cost of less than a sandwich and a cup of tea ....." you get Union Membership. On a personal note the CWU have helped me personally in the past (which seems to be the criteria by which most people judge the CWU). Simply by the Area Rep visiting my DO and explaining to the DOM certain "Irregularities" in his Management Processes (basically Favouritism) I managed at last to get a Regular Duty. :thumbup

If you're not in the Union then you're all on your own. Better to have the support of your fellow Union Members, you never know when you're going to need them. :cuppa

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 12:04

Very good point, DP, about how people form their opinion of the union’s abilities.
Makes me think that cancelling CWU membership is like cancelling home insurance on the grounds that you’ve never needed to claim.
If someone stops their CWU subs, it’s almost inviting fate to bring a bullying manager or chronic ill-health into your working life....

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 14:29

clique wrote:I have chucked in my CWU membership because:

1. At times I feel the union is run by incompetent and self serving dinosaurs.
2. The uploaded footage during the recent ballot gave grounds and ammunition to RM to remove our democratic right to withhold our labour.
3. The union showed time and again that they are incapable in protecting and safeguarding the interests of their paying members without compromising our fight to preserve our jobs and work rights?
4. I have only needed their help once after years of paying my member's fees and the rep sided with the management. I had to involve a solicitor at my expense and the matter was then resolved instantly.
5. The union had no intention of calling their/our bluff of a pre Christmas strike. Although the appeal should already have gone in, citing "our strong" and "clear cut case", they have failed to do so to date. Not a chance in a million for a postal strike happening now this side of Christmas even if an appeal is eventually lodged and upheld in our favour. The CWU are not truthful with their members in this respect.
6. When asked, live on Sky News, Dave Ward refused to give any reassurances whatsoever that the union would not postpone the 'planned' strike if asked to do so by Jeremy Corbyn and he also failed to confirm that the CWU would disregard the instructions of the Labour party on that matter, thus focusing only on the interests of its members instead.
7. At the current rate for the sub fees, it costs £135.20 annually. Multiplying that by so many years, it becomes a serious amount of money down the drain.

I am not encouraging or discouraging anyone to cancel their membership. This is entirely their decision based on their needs. However, as the union have a habit of not showing much interest in its members and they did not ever bother to ask if there's anything they could do to help me change my mind, I'm putting my reasons here.


So you're letting the millionaires/billionaires WIN, they've broken you, your choice to be divided and your choice to fall and fall you will, like you've never fell before. Good luck on your own.

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 14:57

Just hope you don't find yourself with a health issue or get into trouble (for whatever reason) with management

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 15:27

Dorset Plodder wrote:
clique wrote:I have chucked in my CWU membership because:.


That's a shame mate. I think you should just have some confidence in the final outcome of this situation. We know we're up against not only the RM Management, but also the Establishment.



The problem is that we are currently up against an incompetent union leadership. The reason that Royal Mail won their injunction was due to stupidity from the union HQ.

I'll fully support the union, but expect resignations from those at the top who have cost us the chance to strike at the most advantageous time. It is a bit like going to war when the top brass in the army have just shot every single one of their troops in the foot.

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 16:27

Are you still going to take future pay rises negotiated by the union?

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 16:34

RTP wrote:Are you still going to take future pay rises negotiated by the union?

How exactly could you refuse them?
It is a ridiculous question.

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 16:54

Schiff wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:
clique wrote:I have chucked in my CWU membership because:.


That's a shame mate. I think you should just have some confidence in the final outcome of this situation. We know we're up against not only the RM Management, but also the Establishment.



The problem is that we are currently up against an incompetent union leadership. The reason that Royal Mail won their injunction was due to stupidity from the union HQ.

I'll fully support the union, but expect resignations from those at the top who have cost us the chance to strike at the most advantageous time. It is a bit like going to war when the top brass in the army have just shot every single one of their troops in the foot.


This newspaper gave the primary reason that the judge reached his verdict was because of interference to the general election. I know this point has been raised several times since the outcome, but you have to wonder why the need to mention the GE if the main reason, interception of ballot papers, was in itself adequate for the injunction decision.

"The Royal Mail has won a high court injunction preventing a mass postal strike planned for the run-up to Christmas after a judge raised fears that a mass walkout could interfere with the general election"

"The judge agreed with the company's lawyers that members were “encouraged” to intercept their ballot papers at work and vote immediately for the 'yes' option, rather than at home away from any pressure."

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 18:11

clashcityrocker wrote:
RTP wrote:Are you still going to take future pay rises negotiated by the union?

How exactly could you refuse them?
It is a ridiculous question.


RM make an offer. Unions negotiates and invariably gets a higher offer.

Could always split the difference and donate it to charity every week.

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 19:12

The union can't announce strike dates, they don't have a legal mandate to do that.

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 19:40

clique wrote:I have chucked in my CWU membership because:

1. At times I feel the union is run by incompetent and self serving dinosaurs.
2. The uploaded footage during the recent ballot gave grounds and ammunition to RM to remove our democratic right to withhold our labour.
3. The union showed time and again that they are incapable in protecting and safeguarding the interests of their paying members without compromising our fight to preserve our jobs and work rights?
4. I have only needed their help once after years of paying my member's fees and the rep sided with the management. I had to involve a solicitor at my expense and the matter was then resolved instantly.
5. The union had no intention of calling their/our bluff of a pre Christmas strike. Although the appeal should already have gone in, citing "our strong" and "clear cut case", they have failed to do so to date. Not a chance in a million for a postal strike happening now this side of Christmas even if an appeal is eventually lodged and upheld in our favour. The CWU are not truthful with their members in this respect.
6. When asked, live on Sky News, Dave Ward refused to give any reassurances whatsoever that the union would not postpone the 'planned' strike if asked to do so by Jeremy Corbyn and he also failed to confirm that the CWU would disregard the instructions of the Labour party on that matter, thus focusing only on the interests of its members instead.
7. At the current rate for the sub fees, it costs £135.20 annually. Multiplying that by so many years, it becomes a serious amount of money down the drain.

I am not encouraging or discouraging anyone to cancel their membership. This is entirely their decision based on their needs. However, as the union have a habit of not showing much interest in its members and they did not ever bother to ask if there's anything they could do to help me change my mind, I'm putting my reasons here.


What you going to do now if we ever go on strike clique cross the picket line ??? :hmmmm :hmmmm

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 19:58

maisymoo04 wrote:
clique wrote:I have chucked in my CWU membership because:

1. At times I feel the union is run by incompetent and self serving dinosaurs.
2. The uploaded footage during the recent ballot gave grounds and ammunition to RM to remove our democratic right to withhold our labour.
3. The union showed time and again that they are incapable in protecting and safeguarding the interests of their paying members without compromising our fight to preserve our jobs and work rights?
4. I have only needed their help once after years of paying my member's fees and the rep sided with the management. I had to involve a solicitor at my expense and the matter was then resolved instantly.
5. The union had no intention of calling their/our bluff of a pre Christmas strike. Although the appeal should already have gone in, citing "our strong" and "clear cut case", they have failed to do so to date. Not a chance in a million for a postal strike happening now this side of Christmas even if an appeal is eventually lodged and upheld in our favour. The CWU are not truthful with their members in this respect.
6. When asked, live on Sky News, Dave Ward refused to give any reassurances whatsoever that the union would not postpone the 'planned' strike if asked to do so by Jeremy Corbyn and he also failed to confirm that the CWU would disregard the instructions of the Labour party on that matter, thus focusing only on the interests of its members instead.
7. At the current rate for the sub fees, it costs £135.20 annually. Multiplying that by so many years, it becomes a serious amount of money down the drain.

I am not encouraging or discouraging anyone to cancel their membership. This is entirely their decision based on their needs. However, as the union have a habit of not showing much interest in its members and they did not ever bother to ask if there's anything they could do to help me change my mind, I'm putting my reasons here.


What you going to do now if we ever go on strike clique cross the picket line ??? :hmmmm :hmmmm


Well he can do what he wants because if its official the he has the same rights as you to go on strike.

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 20:03

Schiff wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:
clique wrote:I have chucked in my CWU membership because:.


That's a shame mate. I think you should just have some confidence in the final outcome of this situation. We know we're up against not only the RM Management, but also the Establishment.



The problem is that we are currently up against an incompetent union leadership. The reason that Royal Mail won their injunction was due to stupidity from the union HQ.

I'll fully support the union, but expect resignations from those at the top who have cost us the chance to strike at the most advantageous time. It is a bit like going to war when the top brass in the army have just shot every single one of their troops in the foot.




Exactly my thoughts. We are the Union but why do I get the feeling that we are a bit like Lions led by Donkeys??

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 20:33

The best way you can impact RM is by doing the job properly and get hours in the office you need, Leaving the union will only lead into conflict with managers and you are on your own on your own!

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 20:40

maisymoo04 wrote:
clique wrote:I have chucked in my CWU membership because:

1. At times I feel the union is run by incompetent and self serving dinosaurs.
2. The uploaded footage during the recent ballot gave grounds and ammunition to RM to remove our democratic right to withhold our labour.
3. The union showed time and again that they are incapable in protecting and safeguarding the interests of their paying members without compromising our fight to preserve our jobs and work rights?
4. I have only needed their help once after years of paying my member's fees and the rep sided with the management. I had to involve a solicitor at my expense and the matter was then resolved instantly.
5. The union had no intention of calling their/our bluff of a pre Christmas strike. Although the appeal should already have gone in, citing "our strong" and "clear cut case", they have failed to do so to date. Not a chance in a million for a postal strike happening now this side of Christmas even if an appeal is eventually lodged and upheld in our favour. The CWU are not truthful with their members in this respect.
6. When asked, live on Sky News, Dave Ward refused to give any reassurances whatsoever that the union would not postpone the 'planned' strike if asked to do so by Jeremy Corbyn and he also failed to confirm that the CWU would disregard the instructions of the Labour party on that matter, thus focusing only on the interests of its members instead.
7. At the current rate for the sub fees, it costs £135.20 annually. Multiplying that by so many years, it becomes a serious amount of money down the drain.

I am not encouraging or discouraging anyone to cancel their membership. This is entirely their decision based on their needs. However, as the union have a habit of not showing much interest in its members and they did not ever bother to ask if there's anything they could do to help me change my mind, I'm putting my reasons here.


What you going to do now if we ever go on strike clique cross the picket line ??? :hmmmm :hmmmm

Has already said he will be on the picket line :thumbup :thumbup

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 20:46

maisymoo04 wrote: What you going to do now if we ever go on strike clique cross the picket line ??? :hmmmm :hmmmm


I've already stated my intentions on a previous post. I will support my colleagues in the union and join them on the picket line. Because I left the CWU in protest of the latest shambles, it does not mean I will side with the "enemy".
Last edited by clique on 18 Nov 2019, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

I cancelled my union subscription

18 Nov 2019, 21:06

k979aaa wrote:The best way you can impact RM is by doing the job properly and get hours in the office you need, Leaving the union will only lead into conflict with managers and you are on your own on your own!


I agree with doing the job properly and sticking to your contracted hours, rest breaks and start and finish times. If this were to happen by the same 97.1 (out of 76%) percentage of employees, Royal Mail would sit up and take notice. Whether we are unionised or not in that case, it would be almost irrelevant.

I realise I am on my own outside of the union but if I end up being a scapegoat, so be it but I will not take it lying down. The only time I needed help from the union as a member for work related matters, the rep sided with the management. I still had to fight my case on my own and in the end was sorted out. While the rest of us members were allocated a walk which we struggled to complete on a daily basis, the union rep was allocated a duty which involved just a 3 hour stroll and back (because of his supposed union duties). Perhaps he didn't want to lose that by standing up in support of the odd union member. Who knows!

I cancelled my union subscription

20 Nov 2019, 11:36

Cancelled mine a few months ago as they have no Interest in representing the working man.
The cwu is Finnished as I can see the membership numbers decreasing.
The so called men at the top of the union are no different to royal mail,im afraid we life in a self preservation society.

Previous page Next page


Page 2 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5