not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

CWU : The High Court has ruled against us. Genuinely this is an utter outrage. 110,000 workers vs the establishment.

14 Nov 2019, 00:33

all is well, just drove 88mph in my delorean and in 2023 royal mail wilfully delayed our ballot papers and deleted the security camera data, fortunately an ex 18 year old employee paid off with ill health in 2022 was still insisting on doing his d2d's from the previous year and filmed them hiding the ballot papers
royal mail insisted the evidence was null & void as it was filmed on an iphone, and shared on redtube
judge boris johnson esq presided over the rock paper scissors duel to decide and at 99/0 from the best of 3 contest to the cwu eventually ruled in favour of them when royal mail run out of coffee

CWU : The High Court has ruled against us. Genuinely this is an utter outrage. 110,000 workers vs the establishment.

14 Nov 2019, 00:38

Look on the brightside, at least the Courier won't be lonely when it goes straight in the bin as it'll now have The Voice to keep it company.

14 Nov 2019, 01:10

Don't blame the union! Blame the bone heads on social media on RM property waving the ballot paper in front of the camera on the actual first day of the ballot (and the soul senior manager who give evidence against the union) and be very careful about work to rule and other forms of action because now it's been ruled as unlawful any form of industrial action has serious consequences for the union :hmmmm assets etc can be frozen and then what we do :roll: so before all you bone heads that were waving your ballot papers around on social media go and do something stupid again in the form of unofficial action just stop and actually think :arrrghhh for all our sakes!

14 Nov 2019, 06:49

Woody Guthrie wrote:There's no point in sticking our heads in the sand over this.

The CWU thought it would increase turnout and Yes votes if they encouraged members to open their ballot papers in the office and vote. The social media department thought it would be cool to post pics and vids all over Facebook and Twitter.

This isn't an establishment stitch up it's an own goal of ridiculous proportions that will have repercussions for us for many years to come.

Terry and Dave will try to throw up smokescreens but at the end of the day they f****d up and should have the courage to hold up their hands.

Yes Royal Mail have been pretty low to go down this route and judges do what they do but the union served us up on a plate unfortunately.

SPOT ON !

14 Nov 2019, 06:50

Post69 wrote:Don't blame the union! Blame the bone heads on social media on RM property waving the ballot paper in front of the camera on the actual first day of the ballot

Are you forgetting that the Union actively shared these videos on their own page?

14 Nov 2019, 06:56

Doesn't matter if the union did everything right. The verdict was politically motivated. An injunction was obviously going to happen. We are now just made out to be the bad people trying to disrupt the elections and xmas. Rich get richer.

14 Nov 2019, 07:16

Zicomurphy wrote:Been in the job 30 years. Been on strike a number of times. Previously it’s never been in the run up to Christmas but it’s always forced Royal Mail to negotiate a settlement rather than just impose whatever they want. Losing the ruling is a setback and it might mean we need to strike for longer/lose more money striking after Christmas to create the same impact but we can still win this dispute. We just need to be patient now and be doubly determined to show them we are worth more than the vision they have for our future when the time comes to take action.

This is the attitude to have folks!

14 Nov 2019, 07:20

Flashman_ wrote:This Judgement has now added a new union breaking law that means any well organised anti union faction could easily nullify any Union ballot by posting certain things on fb, or any social media outlet. We should now call on support from other Unions to help fight this.

You're missing the point. The point is that any union could easily nullify their own Union ballot by posting certain things on fb, or any social media outlet. We should now call on the Union to help prevent this by not glorifying and promoting actions which are against the framework of a legal ballot.

The Union made an error, they crossed a line when their campaigning turned into coercing, through their local union reps, as detailed in shared videos of escalating complexity / organisation of stunts to depict Yes votes taking place within the workplaces. Had the union distanced themselves from the videos, even posted a warning that they could undermine the result, then I feel the judgement could have been different.

14 Nov 2019, 08:00

frankieboy wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:What now?

I'll tell you what now, everybody employed by Royal Mail should vote LABOUR in this upcoming general election and hopefully they'll re-nationalise us, it our only hope. If we keep voting these tories in power our demise will be complete.

I totally agree with this. If the Union are outraged then they should turn their guns on the ones making these one-sided laws. Theyvshould back a campaign like the one we have just done to get Labour elected. Rationalisation, end of zeri hour contracts, and the £10 minimum wage will level the playing field for us. This is our only hope. I don't give a f*+* if you don't like Corbyn. This is our only chance.

14 Nov 2019, 08:06

leolion855 wrote:
frankieboy wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:What now?

I'll tell you what now, everybody employed by Royal Mail should vote LABOUR in this upcoming general election and hopefully they'll re-nationalise us, it our only hope. If we keep voting these tories in power our demise will be complete.

Sorry they wont, whilst we are part of the EU its against EU laws to have a monopoly on the mail.

Your assertion is correct, however, the governance of the national postal provider is left up to each individual state. The market has been liberalised but we can still be a government department.

14 Nov 2019, 09:27

what was said about the damages that rm said they were claiming?
surely if the judge also factored in the irrelevant election then damages cannot be awarded

14 Nov 2019, 09:41

Only playing devils advocate here but does this ruling help the union out of a tight spot. Did the big boys really want a strike or were they hoping that such a big yes vote would force RM back to the table and we could ‘win’ with negotiation. Whilst the media spotlight had yet to hit the dispute the s**t would have really hit the fan once dates were announced and they coincided with the GE postal votes etc and Christmas postings. Ward and Pullinger would be really have been up against it in the face and fury of a media onslaught. They may be spitting feathers for the media at the mo but we’ll see how the next few weeks/months play out.

14 Nov 2019, 09:43

UNION JACK wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
UNION JACK wrote:
sardonicus wrote:The CWU should request its members refuse to do any overtime - either now and till xmas or maybe the week following black Friday/cyber Monday and other targeted weeks in the xmas build up, our D/O would grind to a halt lol

Also, we in our DO have already delivered election cards, they are addressed and we had 3 days to deliver across our walks, sat/mon and yesterday, tues, obviously not all have had them yet?

Do we have to deliver the no doubt to follow flyers if they are not addressed?

I will not do any extra days or any OT from Monday, hope more will follow, at least on selected weeks....

The CWU should not have to call to stop doing overtime if the 97% of people who voted yes had any self respect they would not be doing any as soon as they took us to court. I have already refrained from doing any and will not be doing any until a new agreement is reached.

Why should i stop doing ot i have plenty of self respect. but can honestly say any respect i had for cwu has gone. that is 2 great ballot results blown apart in court maybe time the hirearchy stepped aside. just my opinion.

CWU aside if anyone treats me like dirt like Royal Mail treats us i have enough self respect and dignity for myself to say no im not having it and dont help them in any way whatsoever ,come on mate grow a set and stop blaming others for your weakness.

Grow a set wtf im helping myself to earn a decent wage so please dont tell or advise me what to do. not a weak bone in my body i make all my own decisions.

14 Nov 2019, 09:58

One simple answer to all of this vote Labour and stop reading the sun.

14 Nov 2019, 10:04

smok3y666 wrote:
sardonicus wrote:The CWU should request its members refuse to do any overtime - either now and till xmas or maybe the week following black Friday/cyber Monday and other targeted weeks in the xmas build up, our D/O would grind to a halt lol

Also, we in our DO have already delivered election cards, they are addressed and we had 3 days to deliver across our walks, sat/mon and yesterday, tues, obviously not all have had them yet?

I will not do any extra days or any OT from Monday, hope more will follow, at least on selected weeks....

Won't happen. There's too many part time employees who apparently signed up not knowing how many hours they would be working and therefore rely on overtime. Seems a dumb thing to sign up to a job knowing you would need overtime in order to survive but hey ho.

Nice level of ignorance towards your part-time colleagues there. :thumbup

It's as if they actually chose to be on sub-20 hour contracts & love working their day(s) off in order to get themselves close to 35-40 hours so they have a basic wage. Very few people leave school dreaming of becoming a postman or woman, it's a job most of the workforce I'd say randomly stumbled into for one reason or another. Some of those part-timers don't have a choice because they're unable to find or hold down work elsewhere.

14 Nov 2019, 11:30

goldy wrote:One simple answer to all of this vote Labour and stop reading the sun.

Had Corbyn been in government at the present time how would/could he have stopped RM taking the CWU to court in an effort to stop or delay the strike? This FU is at the CWU's door and no-one else's.
If you believe that Corbyn would ever get an RM renationalisation bill through government, and if he did, that all our ills would be cured, then sadly I think you're in for a rude wake-up call.

14 Nov 2019, 12:10

Tman wrote:Had Corbyn been in government at the present time how would/could he have stopped RM taking the CWU to court in an effort to stop or delay the strike? This FU is at the CWU's door and no-one else's.
If you believe that Corbyn would ever get an RM renationalisation bill through government, and if he did, that all our ills would be cured, then sadly I think you're in for a rude wake-up call.

Well Labour might well reform current legislation surrounding Trade Unions and industrial action. So it's possible the case wouldn't have arisen. But you're right, under the current law, the case was well proven. However angry we might be about the decision, the judge wasn't wrong in his application of the law.

If renationalising RM was in a Labour manifesto and Crobyn had a majority, or was in coalition with the SNP and/or Greens, then he could indeed get legislation through. The Lords can't block manifesto commitments.

It is, however, true that simply renationalising will not cure all the ills inflicted by opening up parcel delivery and mail services to competition, which is an EU requirement.

All that said, if you vote Tory or Lib Dem or Brexit, or indeed anything other than Labour or Green (or SNP/PC in Scotland or Wales), our jobs will get much worse and more insecure in the coming years. There's absolutely no doubt of that.

14 Nov 2019, 12:28

Viz top tips to avoid #we.fur.cup.part3

Important ballot papers enclosed
Null and Void if completed on RM premises.
Last edited by Yarbled on 14 Nov 2019, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

14 Nov 2019, 13:18

aiden01 wrote:
UNION JACK wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
UNION JACK wrote:

The CWU should not have to call to stop doing overtime if the 97% of people who voted yes had any self respect they would not be doing any as soon as they took us to court. I have already refrained from doing any and will not be doing any until a new agreement is reached.

Why should i stop doing ot i have plenty of self respect. but can honestly say any respect i had for cwu has gone. that is 2 great ballot results blown apart in court maybe time the hirearchy stepped aside. just my opinion.

CWU aside if anyone treats me like dirt like Royal Mail treats us i have enough self respect and dignity for myself to say no im not having it and dont help them in any way whatsoever ,come on mate grow a set and stop blaming others for your weakness.

Grow a set wtf im helping myself to earn a decent wage so please dont tell or advise me what to do. not a weak bone in my body i make all my own decisions.

Keep telling yourself that sunshine people like you will always value money before honour

14 Nov 2019, 13:36

UNION JACK wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
UNION JACK wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
UNION JACK wrote:

Keep telling yourself that sunshine people like you will always value money before honour

Honour of what because the cwu f--ked up yet again. an why the childish sunshine remark :hmmmm

Previous page Next page

Page 7 of 8   1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8