not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

CWU : The High Court has ruled against us. Genuinely this is an utter outrage. 110,000 workers vs the establishment.

13 Nov 2019, 21:35

roadrunner bill wrote:
Gasman11 wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:Blame the establishment. The union f****d it up....again.

No they didnt, they told everyone to vote, whether that be yes or no, make sure you vote. How is that unfairly influencing the outcome, this is an establishment stitch up.

The elites.. screwing the workers over.. in pursuit of profit and greed..

The same elites (Judge) stopped Brexit, but the CWU didn't complain then. In fact they welcomed it . 17.5 million people is a lot bigger than 110,000

CWU : The High Court has ruled against us. Genuinely this is an utter outrage. 110,000 workers vs the establishment.

13 Nov 2019, 22:02

sardonicus wrote:The CWU should request its members refuse to do any overtime - either now and till xmas or maybe the week following black Friday/cyber Monday and other targeted weeks in the xmas build up, our D/O would grind to a halt lol

Also, we in our DO have already delivered election cards, they are addressed and we had 3 days to deliver across our walks, sat/mon and yesterday, tues, obviously not all have had them yet?

Do we have to deliver the no doubt to follow flyers if they are not addressed?

I will not do any extra days or any OT from Monday, hope more will follow, at least on selected weeks....

The CWU should not have to call to stop doing overtime if the 97% of people who voted yes had any self respect they would not be doing any as soon as they took us to court. I have already refrained from doing any and will not be doing any until a new agreement is reached.

13 Nov 2019, 22:05

How parliament operates and the issue of Brexit are also outside the remit of the courts but thanks to the intervention of one migrant a spanner was thrown in the works. The latest general election is a consequence of that.

Migrant ?

Disappointing set of events given the history of the last prospective strike action. Hopefully this will reinforce the determination to fight against Rico's approach and not the opposite, CWU need to respond accordingly, please don't waste time appealing this verdict. I know f@ all about law but felt a bit uncomfortable with some of the posts on social media which I'm sure were well intentioned, but ultimately the CWU should have distanced themselves from rather than endorsing/ promoting. Is there stil the timeframe to still get a strike in before xmas?

13 Nov 2019, 22:22

UNION JACK wrote:
sardonicus wrote:The CWU should request its members refuse to do any overtime - either now and till xmas or maybe the week following black Friday/cyber Monday and other targeted weeks in the xmas build up, our D/O would grind to a halt lol

Also, we in our DO have already delivered election cards, they are addressed and we had 3 days to deliver across our walks, sat/mon and yesterday, tues, obviously not all have had them yet?

I will not do any extra days or any OT from Monday, hope more will follow, at least on selected weeks....

The CWU should not have to call to stop doing overtime if the 97% of people who voted yes had any self respect they would not be doing any as soon as they took us to court. I have already refrained from doing any and will not be doing any until a new agreement is reached.

I agree 100%. Im only doing overtime tomorrow (extra day) as I agreed to it about a week ago and will therefore honour it.
Seems to me an overtime ban (self imposed, rather than union led) keeps a wage coming in and makes an important point, RM cant operate without o/t. Still, Im sure the usual suspects would use it as an excuse to get even more overtime, all the time complaining about RM!

13 Nov 2019, 22:26

I retired 4 years ago after 25 years service, was in a couple of walkouts and a national strike. With the advent of xmas and a general election during the same period I think the injunction, in this political climate, was a foregone conclusion. In my experience if you give RM a molehill they'll make a mountain out of it.

13 Nov 2019, 22:31

wacko74 wrote:It's only once people realise that we live in a Corporatocracy/Oligarchy and NOT a Democracy that this kind of thing will start to make sense to them.

Cobblers. Once members start realising how inept the CWU can be then things start to make sense. Nothing to do with the "establishment" but everything to do with how easily the RM barrister found a way to cast doubt on the legal validity of the ballot, and it worked.

13 Nov 2019, 22:35

UNION JACK wrote:

Why should i stop doing ot i have plenty of self respect. but can honestly say any respect i had for cwu has gone. that is 2 great ballot results blown apart in court maybe time the hirearchy stepped aside. just my opinion.

13 Nov 2019, 22:47

the cwu need to come up with a face saving plan asap
yes the leaders will say it's an injustice regardless but they still need to be proactive even more so now
just an idea, some are already policy but which may or not be legal now to instruct us (everyone) to do

higher election material payments, they're already in talks, but can we refuse until sorted?
refusing oversized parcels with immediate effect as per their plans, not sure of this though but it would flood a d/o in a single day until they outsource them, as per their plan, probably already agency staff coming in very soon anyway,
household nesting, don't do it anymore
full meal reliefs even if it means driving a P/T worker to a suitable place as they don't really need a break at the start of their shift and can't be forced to,
use a trolley and demand h&s equipment for hazards i.e dog doo
average holiday pay claims immediately restarted seeing as they are no longer otherwise engaged
a dedicated phone number on our PDA to contact our manager or line-manager of any delivery issues, zero use of our personal mobile phones, supply a landline number if needed or get them to write to you, after all, it will boost their profits
above all, a rep at every single office until the last post-person as left the building

and sorry if my post is aimed at delivery offices, but that's where i work, i'm sure others can add ideas i don't know of

13 Nov 2019, 22:49

Been in the job 30 years. Been on strike a number of times. Previously it’s never been in the run up to Christmas but it’s always forced Royal Mail to negotiate a settlement rather than just impose whatever they want. Losing the ruling is a setback and it might mean we need to strike for longer/lose more money striking after Christmas to create the same impact but we can still win this dispute. We just need to be patient now and be doubly determined to show them we are worth more than the vision they have for our future when the time comes to take action.

13 Nov 2019, 23:02

Well 90% Judicial hypocrisy (what the hell does he think the Parliamentary Whips do when the laws of this land are voted on) and 10% ineptitude by some union members for not realising RM would fight dirty and scrutinize every daft little thing has shat our golden opportunity exert real pressure against Rico Back.

13 Nov 2019, 23:11

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if 110,000 voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

13 Nov 2019, 23:18

aiden01 wrote:
UNION JACK wrote:

Why should i stop doing ot i have plenty of self respect. but can honestly say any respect i had for cwu has gone. that is 2 great ballot results blown apart in court maybe time the hirearchy stepped aside. just my opinion.

CWU aside if anyone treats me like dirt like Royal Mail treats us i have enough self respect and dignity for myself to say no im not having it and dont help them in any way whatsoever ,come on mate grow a set and stop blaming others for your weakness.

13 Nov 2019, 23:21

We need to regroup re ballot and go out for a full week after Xmas.

13 Nov 2019, 23:26

Complete cluster f**k by the union. This bollox about the courts is the same rubbish trotted out by brexiteers in the tory party when it ruled that Johnson had acted unlawfully by proroging parliament. Yes, lobby the repeal the Trade Union act, but it is what it is for now. After '17 this should have been squeaky clean; Royal Mail were ALWAYS gonna go to court if they thought they could prevent a strike. To blame it on the independent judiciary is pathetic.

13 Nov 2019, 23:28

gary1975 wrote:We need to regroup re ballot and go out for a full week after Xmas.

And they'll be laughing thinking: strike away, Christmas has been delivered. We're just wasting a days pay striking then.

13 Nov 2019, 23:30

aiden01 wrote:
UNION JACK wrote:

Would your opinion change if the hierarchy chose to return to court & won the appeal. Making the union the target & looking to change the leadership because one judge, in his opinion, has granted Royal Mail an injunction to invalidate our ballot for strike action.
Naturally the 97.1% are disappointed at that verdict but it does not change the fact of that percentage, I expect a re-ballot will have a similar result.
The court decision does not resolve the issues of the dispute & changing the CWU hierarchy would not alter any future positive ballot result to be challenged in the courts.
Royal Mail should realise the workforce have given their opinion & using the court to delay will only exacerbate the situation.

13 Nov 2019, 23:31

We could of tested this ballot last month by calling a strike but what did they do leave it till now to be challenged by RM.

13 Nov 2019, 23:40

k979aaa wrote:We could of tested this ballot last month by calling a strike but what did they do leave it till now to be challenged by RM.

we couldn't due to to the mediation process , we perhaps could have still effected xmas but our members needed the ballot to be extended due to holidays

13 Nov 2019, 23:55

Rumple wrote:
daveyeff wrote:another ballot...or appeal?

RM will now claim legal costs against the CWU and also damages. That's how this Union will be broken up, financially.

and by well wishers like yourself :Applause

14 Nov 2019, 00:03

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:We just have to accept we lost another one to Royal Mail.

You have to blame the union for the badly run campaign

you wouldnt mind if i look back to find your warnings to the union not to let members open the balot papers in the workplace would ya?

Previous page Next page

Page 6 of 8   1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8