not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Judge says he's expecting to make decision sometime tomorrow.

12 Nov 2019, 20:15

rambo1 wrote:Wouldn't it be better all round to strike in January if needs be? The business ( that pays our wages don't forget) doesn't lose valuable customers and money in our busiest period, posties Don't lose money in the run up to Christmas and it's not as if the place wouldn't grind to a halt in January if we had to strike, I mean, it's not as if we're twiddling our thumbs and we all go home an early every day. IT'S STILL BUSY IN JANUARY! ( Sorry if that's a bit txt shouty) .

I think the idea of a strike is to force the employer to reach an agreement with the workers; one they probably don’t want to make. In other words the aim then must be to give them no other option but to make an agreement.

So given it’s a move to force the other side to do something they don’t want to do, surely the best time is when the pressure is greatest, ie during Black Friday / election / Christmas pressure.

January may well still be a problem, but it’s without a doubt less of a problem to manage around. If you’re going to strike, surely you’re looking to create the biggest problem possible, again because you’re trying to force the other side.

The same reason why I now agree with that Mount Pleasant bulletin; one day strikes, even two day, is no good. It’’s too tempting for the other side to try and work around.

If you’re going to strike, you need to go all in straight away.

12 Nov 2019, 21:09

rambo1 wrote:Wouldn't it be better all round to strike in January if needs be? The business ( that pays our wages don't forget) doesn't lose valuable customers and money in our busiest period, posties Don't lose money in the run up to Christmas and it's not as if the place wouldn't grind to a halt in January if we had to strike, I mean, it's not as if we're twiddling our thumbs and we all go home an early every day. IT'S STILL BUSY IN JANUARY! ( Sorry if that's a bit txt shouty) .

we're not privvy to the expected potential strike plans if in nov/dec, but a 3 day strike will be far more disruptive than a 7 day strike in jan/feb so the loss of earnings would probably balance itself out
my opinion is that "if" we scrape the verdict tomorrow and i'm not very optimistic on that, then during the very 1st press conference they must also announce the strike dates, they already know them as they were planned for tomorrow anyway, we need to start fighting dirty now like they are

12 Nov 2019, 21:10

heres what I think YES theres still hope for this to go the CWUs way tomorrow , and the CWU have and did do a great push before the ballot and they also gave both sides YES or NO and there was no bullying posties into these choices so the CWU have done nothing wrong , and yes we all know this time of the year would be the best time for any I/a but you have your own minds and shouldn't have be told or asked to work your contracted hours its up to you , and you don't lose any money by doing so as o/t is voluntary and this would cause the company problems as its not compulsary to work beyond your hours , and as for any I/a after this time of the year will still affect the company in a big way , so lets stick together and support the CWU 100% in what they decide to do after this WIN or lose .

12 Nov 2019, 21:11

I think calmness and consideration is required at the moment.

We all know how hot-headed both sides can get. RM are not playing a straight game (surprise!) and any work to rule or wildcat action will just play into their hands.
If the judge decides tomorrow that the CWU were acting in contravention of the industrial rights bill then I would say we have to bide our time. It is a war of attrition purely and simply and RM will be looking for more heads to scalp.

As I keep saying till I am actually sick of my own words: DO YOUR JOB EXACTLY AS YOUR EMPLOYER DICTATES! Turn the tables on their psychology; their divide and rule mentality; their constant pressure which is blatant bullying and especially towards newer recruits without the seniority or experience to know any different.
My area and regional rep are upping their game and that is the strategy we must adopt if the decision tomorrow comes against the union.

WORK TO RULE is more realistically WORK AS TOLD!!
Do your job by the book; seek advice from your H&S rep and office rep on how to do this; become educated on what the law says about your duty (there is a wealth of info on this site) above all stay calm and stay safe.

I hope to god that the judge mitigates in our favor tomorrow and even if he does then we still have to categorically and succinctly play them at their own game.
We are not as stupid as RXXXXXXXK (excuse my language) thinks we are!!!

12 Nov 2019, 21:45

rosmor wrote:Cwu unfairly affected the vote? After weeks of work time learning videos telling us not to strike, and managers putting up posters around the office ( in mine, 20+ in a unit with 16 walks!) that wasn’t trying to affect the vote?

Don`t forget the letters we all got delivered at our homes wich told us not to strike.
Unbelievable cheek :arrrghhh

12 Nov 2019, 22:02

What I want to know is what does this “unlimited damages” look like if it’s played out? What’s at the end of that road?

12 Nov 2019, 22:03

Janet Brum wrote:
rosmor wrote:Cwu unfairly affected the vote? After weeks of work time learning videos telling us not to strike, and managers putting up posters around the office ( in mine, 20+ in a unit with 16 walks!) that wasn’t trying to affect the vote?

Don`t forget the letters we all got delivered at our homes wich told us not to strike.
Unbelievable cheek :arrrghhh

Not me, I RTS with a polite messege, of unsolicited junk mail on it. Just wish I had sent it back open, so it could be surcharged :dance

12 Nov 2019, 22:10

just send everything back as refused inc courier, which I don't receive anymore , I do and I don't receive anything , oh apart from the please don't strike which was also returned , lol.

12 Nov 2019, 22:19

worktotime wrote:just send everything back as refused inc courier, which I don't receive anymore , I do and I don't receive anything , oh apart from the please don't strike which was also returned , lol.

Funny enough thats exactly what I do with all RM mail sent to me, only exception, is pay slip, and pension documents.

13 Nov 2019, 09:40

worktotime wrote:heres what I think YES theres still hope for this to go the CWUs way tomorrow , and the CWU have and did do a great push before the ballot and they also gave both sides YES or NO and there was no bullying posties into these choices so the CWU have done nothing wrong , and yes we all know this time of the year would be the best time for any I/a but you have your own minds and shouldn't have be told or asked to work your contracted hours its up to you , and you don't lose any money by doing so as o/t is voluntary and this would cause the company problems as its not compulsary to work beyond your hours , and as for any I/a after this time of the year will still affect the company in a big way , so lets stick together and support the CWU 100% in what they decide to do after this WIN or lose .

So true....so reasoned....so supportive....so solid! :very happy

The very best of british luck to the 97.1%: justice versus rmg underhand dealings (see yesterday's court decision against their policies and £50 million fine)! :wink:
Solidarity is our strength... the management continue to ignore the will of the workforce, the cwu, the law at their peril...the lines have been drawn and we need to dig-in ready for a bitter dispute.

We are 97.1% correct in attempting mediation before seeking i.a...now we must pursue industrial action like never seen before.... :thumbup

13 Nov 2019, 09:43

Hearing is at 10:30am

13 Nov 2019, 09:57

:Applause COME ON THE CWU...WE RISE AGAIN :thumbup regardless of the judge/this case we should already have a plan to continue to fight for our terms and conditions against this bloody-minded CEO/Board/Shareholders/Plan to move forward (without consultation)...the facts remain: they abrogated our legal agreements, they are splitting up the company, they can't afford our pay promises but can afford management's...they are ignoring/BULLYING the CWU/us, they are acting illegally CONSTANTLY...the culture needs to change and with us, NOT without our voice....

STAY SOLID :coolr

13 Nov 2019, 10:13

just a thought. if we win can RM appeal it?

13 Nov 2019, 10:45

daveyeff wrote:just a thought. if we win can RM appeal it?

probs...intending to delay the inevitable IA UNTIL.... WHOLE OF DECEMBER...the scab workforce tries to do the packets/the managers try to do all tracked/signed for...the company sacks the CEO for seasonal incompetence//captaining the ship onto the rocks scuppering the shareholders. Whilst we continue to hold onto our jobs in a future re-nationalised industry...Happy New Year!
Stay solid! :coolr

13 Nov 2019, 11:19

lambert246 wrote: As I keep saying till I am actually sick of my own words: DO YOUR JOB EXACTLY AS YOUR EMPLOYER DICTATES! Turn the tables on their psychology; their divide and rule mentality; their constant pressure which is blatant bullying and especially towards newer recruits without the seniority or experience to know any different.
My area and regional rep are upping their game and that is the strategy we must adopt if the decision tomorrow comes against the union.

WORK TO RULE is more realistically WORK AS TOLD!!
Do your job by the book; seek advice from your H&S rep and office rep on how to do this; become educated on what the law says about your duty (there is a wealth of info on this site) above all stay calm and stay safe.

Spot on :Applause

13 Nov 2019, 13:41

Decision just after 2-30 according to CWU Facebook page.

13 Nov 2019, 13:44

Urgh I’ve been checking here every two minutes

13 Nov 2019, 13:48

LaggyBand wrote:Urgh I’ve been checking here every two minutes

I've been doing the same :left:

13 Nov 2019, 15:37

13 Nov 2019, 15:39

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3