not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail in legal bid to block national Christmas strike : CWU response

08 Nov 2019, 22:04

If RM wins the legal challenge, would the mediation process have to be gone through again or would it just be the re-running of the ballot?

08 Nov 2019, 23:02

Schiff wrote:
stoneybroke wrote:How ironic that as we approach the 11th of November (a day to remember OUR fallen heroes who were fighting for OUR democracy) Royal Mail go running to the courts with some bullshit technicality to void the result of a democratic vote.
They should hang their heads in shame and I just hope that the courts see this for what it is.

It is those who broke the laws regarding trade union ballots and then posted evidence of them doing so on social media who should hang their heads in shame. Their sabotage may have cost us all the opportunity of fighting to keep this as a decent job.

Either we hear soon that the union has expelled them all or else I give up my membership. Working alongside these idiots in the future would be far worse than working alongside strikebreakers.

WTF?
we were all encouraged to immediately put x in the yes box and post pic on social media by that cwu promo guy!

pretty sure management are posting on here tonight trying to provoke

08 Nov 2019, 23:14

Lah lah lah lalalalalalalalaland

08 Nov 2019, 23:16

Stop flapping.The Eu referendum wasn't overturned when it was found out that electoral fraud was committed due to overspending by the leave campaign. Given how close that result was compared to our massive in favour vote then our union still stands a fair change of winning the court case.

08 Nov 2019, 23:19

can they not just remove the 73 offices involved and recount the total ?

08 Nov 2019, 23:24

leolion855 wrote:Just face it guys, we've lost, so its time to either come to terms with what RM are offering or start looking for alternative income.

R you happy to accept the potential loss of your job or working conditions ? We shud all just give up and go begging to rico in your opinion ? If your not already, there's surely a managers position for u.

08 Nov 2019, 23:36

world class male wrote:
Schiff wrote:
stoneybroke wrote:How ironic that as we approach the 11th of November (a day to remember OUR fallen heroes who were fighting for OUR democracy) Royal Mail go running to the courts with some bullshit technicality to void the result of a democratic vote.
They should hang their heads in shame and I just hope that the courts see this for what it is.

It is those who broke the laws regarding trade union ballots and then posted evidence of them doing so on social media who should hang their heads in shame. Their sabotage may have cost us all the opportunity of fighting to keep this as a decent job.

Either we hear soon that the union has expelled them all or else I give up my membership. Working alongside these idiots in the future would be far worse than working alongside strikebreakers.

WTF?
we were all encouraged to immediately put x in the yes box and post pic on social media by that cwu promo guy!

Therein lies the problem facebook twitter an whatever social media bollox you can post your face rm are saying it basically agaibst there ( own special laws)

09 Nov 2019, 00:13

aiden01 wrote:
world class male wrote:
Schiff wrote:

WTF?

Therein lies the problem facebook twitter an whatever social media bollox you can post your face rm are saying it basically agaibst there ( own special laws)

to be honest, though not really explained or highlighted (until now) it definitely is against company policy to open your own mail if you work in that office, I've even seen my line manager taking his to dom to get it endorsed beforehand, and the use of cameras is definitely a no no, be it data protection, official secrets act or just mail integrity, they will use this against us i'm afraid and probably win,
the pics/videos outside posting into a public pillar box are fine, anything inside simply isn't allowed

09 Nov 2019, 04:38

The whole thing is a total f-up.

I'm not a legal expect but i cant see this ending well.

Our colleagues who probably didnt know better provided the Achilles heel that RM needed. Dont understand fockface or twatters etc so dont know what was done but its not looking good if RM are confident enough to go to court.

The case here is "us" (1) opening mail at work and (2) being pressured to vote yes. I know it was nearly 100% yes vote but if evidence emerges (video or whatever) it may invalidate the result. Take all the emotion out of it including but we do it all the time ie wage slips. Its not something we should be doing especially with ballot papers. Somebody must have known this??????

In 2018 the cwu learned about the mediation process. In 2019 we learned not to open our mail at work but more importantly not to open and fill in ballot papers at work. Dont blame our colleagues for their stupidity as i certainly didnt know we couldnt open our own mail at work.

RM probably knew about this from the beginning and are playing their cards at the right time. Clever / crafty / desperation whatever u want to call it but we've been played. We shot ourselves in the foot by a few overeager colleagues. Im sure there will be more idiots repeating similar mistakes in future ballots.

Obviously we need to fight the process in court but the cwu need to be thinking NOW of Plan A (we win court battle) & Plan B, C & D if we lose the court battle. We may have lost our best bargaining chip as RM clearly implied they dont care if we take I/A after xmas through that last press release / letter they sent to all of us. This feels like someone punched me in the solar plexus.

09 Nov 2019, 06:37

Word on the notice boards is :

Part timers will not be given full time hours over xmas

& Full timers will be given no overtime over xmas

They are wanting to minimise the attendance of any would be disgruntled employees who may decide to work to health & safety rules.

It's going to be a very ugly christmas boys n gals.

09 Nov 2019, 07:03

if rm want to use their procedures to get an injunction passed
they may have to get used to
enforcing as i and my office will be demanding their managers
1 enforce official start times
2 enforce all meal reliefs properly
3 enforce all extended payments
4 enforce equip on delivery
5 enforce return to office
6 enforce no cars on delivery it still happens
7 managers doing opg work
i could go on but failure by managers to apply rules and procedures by mgmt should then be taken to court by cwu
or managers involved saccked

09 Nov 2019, 09:15

They’ll love hearing members turning against the union over this, remember that. Stay together.

09 Nov 2019, 10:40

If the courts look at it as an irregularity of over 10000 votes and makes those non void. It still should not effect the mass that voted for strike action that RM have no footage of opening their ballots. 80% still massive.

09 Nov 2019, 12:07

British Airways went to court and lost, and didn't one of the train company's go to court and lose..if RM win this then in sure the government would have played a part in this, Judges need to remain impartial.
We lost last time because of a technicality, even though the judge was sympathetic (if I recall).
People asked TP if everything was done correctly this time and he made it clear that it was, RM are clutching at straws here..
If we do lose this, then our lawyers should be sacked, and we should just walkout anyway.

09 Nov 2019, 13:12

1EM0.gif
That'll be the strike aff then.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

09 Nov 2019, 13:58

from one of the area reps Newcastle amal. ''ITS OFFICIAL. RM HATES DEMOCRACY. you will be aware that Rico 'big brother' Back and his board of totalitarians have applied to the high court for an injunction to try and nullify our national strike ballot. the injunction application will be heard on Tuesday 12th November. the CWU will be vigorously defending our ballot result. and opposing this anti-democratic application. Royal Mails alleged ballot irregularities are:- 1. CWU reps encouraged members to vote YES in the ballot. REALLY?..how disgraceful. 2. some D.O. members completed their own ballot paper in within their workplace...HOW TERRIBLE!! 3. some members were filmed posting their completed ballot paper into a Royal Mail pillar box. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? .. this is a disgraceful and desperate attempt by Royal Mail to try and overturn a democratic decision taken by THEIR employees which produced a massive 97% YES vote. what RM should be doing, is agreeing to enter into meaningful negotiations with the union. instead they have effectively sulked in the corner of a room, refusing to engage with the union and resolve this dispute. we submitted our national to RM in May 2019. we sought meaningful negotiations, RM refused. we entered into mediation with RM in early October. we proposed both sides should immediately commence negotiations. RM refused. we have AGAIN offered to enter into negotiations without any preconditions. RM has AGAIN refused. RM did offer to enter into negotiations without any preconditions(so they say)-except that the union would have to provide a legal guarantee that we would not take any strike action until 2020. typical doublespeak from the board in their 1984 Orwellian worldview. whilst RM are contemptuous of your views , the CWU are not. stay focused. WE WILL WIN THIS DISPUTE.

09 Nov 2019, 16:02

world class male wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
world class male wrote:
Schiff wrote:

WTF?

to be honest, though not really explained or highlighted (until now) it definitely is against company policy to open your own mail if you work in that office, I've even seen my line manager taking his to dom to get it endorsed beforehand, and the use of cameras is definitely a no no, be it data protection, official secrets act or just mail integrity, they will use this against us i'm afraid and probably win,
the pics/videos outside posting into a public pillar box are fine, anything inside simply isn't allowed

The problem is nothing to do with RM rules. It is all about the laws governing trade union ballots. A workplace ballot is unlawful as undue pressure can be placed on people to vote in a certain way. This is why ballot papers must be delivered to each member's home address so that they can choose to vote whichever way that they want, or even not to vote at all.

Muppets breaking those rules have probably cost us the chance to take industrial action at the best possible time. They may have cost thousands of jobs - but it was all just a laugh. They didn't know what they were doing. Its facebook innit!

09 Nov 2019, 16:26

Royal Mail are trying to brake this union if they weren’t taking us to court about this reason it would have been some other reason . We need to stick together solidarity and they will never brake us .

09 Nov 2019, 16:36

The problem is nothing to do with RM rules. It is all about the laws governing trade union ballots. A workplace ballot is unlawful as undue pressure can be placed on people to vote in a certain way. This is why ballot papers must be delivered to each member's home address so that they can choose to vote whichever way that they want, or even not to vote at all.

Muppets breaking those rules have probably cost us the chance to take industrial action at the best possible time. They may have cost thousands of jobs - but it was all just a laugh. They didn't know what they were doing. Its facebook innit!

Somebody gets it 100%.
How much of this nonsense backslapping was posted on the official CWU Facebook page?
That's the smoking gun.

09 Nov 2019, 16:50

it wasn't a workplace ballot though. the fact some over enthusiastic idiots chose to open their ballot papers at work should not be blamed on the CWU. is there actual evidence of union reps pressurising people to open their ballot papers and intimidating them to vote yes.
Last edited by daveyeff on 09 Nov 2019, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 9   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9