not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail in legal bid to block national Christmas strike : CWU response

08 Nov 2019, 15:46

This is just another clear sign of what a horrible, nasty, sneaky company we work for. I hope the CWU haven't blown this again though. RM have form for running rings round our Union.

08 Nov 2019, 15:48

ddtc wrote:So should the managers in the offices they have evidence of staff taking their mail and opening at the office be sacked for allowing it to happen? Is there actual proof staff didn't bring the ballot papers from home?

And what difference is it when RM used RMTV, mail sent home, courier, managers telling us to vote no?

Also about breaking agreements? As far as I'm aware agreements have been broken all the time even before the four pillars agreement.

I hope the courts see sense but unfortunately it pisses me off to say but I think RM will win.

to true , but if they don't have any evidence of posties actually filling these ballot papers at work , how do r/m know if these posties havent done these at home and organised this for the following day for posting etc ? its desperation from a company that have lost there staff , what will they do next 90% filled it in with black ink , and the other 7.1% used BLUE ink , right where taking you back to court . sad really .

08 Nov 2019, 15:49

Rumple wrote:This is just another clear sign of what a horrible, nasty, sneaky company we work for. I hope the CWU haven't blown this again though. RM have form for running rings round our Union.

Whos going to stop there union payments if we lose the court battle?

08 Nov 2019, 15:54

ddtc wrote:So should the managers in the offices they have evidence of staff taking their mail and opening at the office be sacked for allowing it to happen?

Exactly the point I was going to make. If RM make a case against the staff, surely then, all the management in those offices and their superiors, should also be sacked. The staff may not have known this was against the rules, management should have and they have quite simply, failed to supervise their staff and allowed this to happen.

08 Nov 2019, 16:13

1. Did the ballot papers reach the correct recipients.

2. Did the signing of ballot papers in some offices by a few members affect the result of a 97%
majority in anyway.

08 Nov 2019, 16:48

jtshocka wrote:Work to rule start on time take breaks use proper equipment try and workout an overtime ban let everthing build up at the heaviest tlme of the year

good luck with that

08 Nov 2019, 16:52

daveyeff wrote:they'll win their injunction on breach of mail integrity.

No they won't.
Mail integrity has nothing to do with the injunction. That's an internal conduct issue.

If they win it will be on the basis that coercing members to open their ballot papers and fill them in on site constitutes a work place ballot and those are unlawful.

It was a stupid move.

08 Nov 2019, 16:58

Woody Guthrie wrote:
daveyeff wrote:they'll win their injunction on breach of mail integrity.

No they won't.
Mail integrity has nothing to do with the injunction. That's an internal conduct issue.

If they win it will be on the basis that coercing members to open their ballot papers and fill them in on site constitutes a work place ballot and those are unlawful.

It was a stupid move.

...in those (alleged 72) units only, but, what about the majority or will all their votes be void due to the facebookers! :crazy: most don't bother with facefook/twatter...you vote regardless off propaganda tv/handouts/gatemeetings/banter in canteen social media chatrooms etc. the congratulatory selfie crew are a modern phenomena and the law should reflect that accordingly. A judge should throw out rm desperate case to AGAIN negate CWU efforts and majority of workforce voters totally opposed to their (RM management's) one-way autocratic culture of bullying and ignorance. Just another example of the complete lack of respect for the will of their staff. Fook the season of goodwill...do it yersen' ya smug, rich, ignorant, snidey-baastards! Hope it costs RM their corporate dignity, if they've got any left...total desperate bollox...they must forget who they are dealing with...it's not just the legal process it's the moral stance they persist with. I will be continuing and taking my own personal stance which is simply put best as basic wage for basic job and duty finish...contracted. :cuppa
Last edited by work on 08 Nov 2019, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

08 Nov 2019, 17:03

in alleged 72 units only, but, what about the majority or will all their votes be void due to the facebookers!

I'm not an expert in employment law but... more than likely.
The entire ballot result would be invalid.

08 Nov 2019, 17:12

what about them, sending mail to our homes, RMTV, and the courier telling us to vote no, is that not coercion? is it also not illegal to bring in strikebreakers?

08 Nov 2019, 17:19

Rumple wrote:This is just another clear sign of what a horrible, nasty, sneaky company we work for. I hope the CWU haven't blown this again though. RM have form for running rings round our Union.

The company is run by psychopaths... thats what the cwu are dealing with...its like a world war 3..

08 Nov 2019, 17:22

Woody Guthrie wrote:
in alleged 72 units only, but, what about the majority or will all their votes be void due to the facebookers!

I'm not an expert in employment law but... more than likely.
The entire ballot result would be invalid.

...well, all I can say about this travesty (but not to any one person individually) is... :hmmmm "arse" :arrrghhh

08 Nov 2019, 17:30

Royal mail are more cleverer than The CWU, end of!
All that taking the sarcastic piss on Twitter and Facebook and calling managers w*****s ect could bite them on the arse.

If the union get away with it, say phew and move on and be more careful/adult about it in the future.
If not, it is what it is.But what's next?

08 Nov 2019, 17:36

Don't matter if there's proof or not to people opening them at work at my office people open there paylines every week nothing is ever said.there going to find something to get us to work one way or another sad but true.

08 Nov 2019, 17:42

POSTMAN wrote:Royal mail are more cleverer than The CWU, end of!
All that taking the sarcastic piss on Twitter and Facebook and calling managers w*****s ect could bite them on the arse.

If the union get away with it, say phew and move on and be more careful/adult about it in the future.
If not, it is what it is.But what's next?

Royal mail may be more intellect.. does that mean they have the right to dismantle the company as they so see fit.. for profit... and greed to the wealthy at the expense of its work force... i say no...

08 Nov 2019, 18:11

daveyeff wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
cobrakai wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:"It said its application to the court would include "substantial evidence" of violations from at least 72 of its UK sites.

The company said it included the interception of ballot papers before delivery to home addresses and staff being encouraged to open ballot papers on site and to vote in favour of action."

All those social media post's of posties lined up at their DO's with their reps posting en masse. Are RM going to say people were coerced to do so?

How is that different to the have your say forms??

There isnt a 'have your say 1992 ACT'

no but its still opening mail at your workplace. and they get you to fill it in in front of them.

Not true.
Have your say is addressed to you.
C/O your place of work.
It’s like getting a note from Duties.

08 Nov 2019, 18:15

postieblueshirt wrote:Don't matter if there's proof or not to people opening them at work at my office people open there paylines every week nothing is ever said.there going to find something to get us to work one way or another sad but true.

It's not the opening at work that's the issue, it's the posting it on social media for sh***s and giggles and making it look like it was a planned CWU endorsed organised effort that was dumb as a box of rocks.

Stupid is as stupid does.

08 Nov 2019, 18:20

The technicality of opening mail at work is one of their reasons as Is being coerced by union reps ......you cannot make this up , if they’re so bothered about procedure then where are the machines to weigh bags ? Why don’t most vans have LWT now ? Why don’t they enforce meal reliefs ? Why isn’t park and loop set out correctly in most places such as how much a bag should weigh and why don’t they stop people who go out with overloaded HCT’s ?

As for coercion.... I’ve personally been told in my time at rm that if I didn’t complete the delivery I was on ( not work to my time ) then as a reserve I’d never get another Saturday off again and I could tell you loads more bullying stories like that.

This is the company we work for and why anyone ever cuts any corners for the absolute rubbish we have as managers is beyond me.

The reason I voted to strike more than anything else was the commitment to a change of culture and not once have I seen that.

08 Nov 2019, 18:26

the right .... fit.. for profit... and greed to the wealthy at the expense of its work force

doesn't mean anything in the courts, the facts and laws only matter, hope that next week i'll be having humble pie for tea but very much doubt it

08 Nov 2019, 18:31

I had no idea we weren't aloud to open our personal mail on Royal Mail premises. I have done it on numerous occasions and in front of managers and never been pulled up on it. In fact every Thursday wage slips are opened and then taken to managers to complain about unpaid overtime and I don't believe anyone has been questioned. If that is a royal mail rule then they are at fault for not training their staff and managers properly and not enforcing the rules.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 9   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9