not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail in legal bid to block national Christmas strike : CWU response

11 Nov 2019, 20:32

norm wrote:The thing about the 20,000 job losses isn't misinformation though is it, it was based on the new proposed parcel strategy and absorbing 1 walk out of every six due to reduced workload.

I don't recall the Royal Mail specifically suggesting that there would be 20,000 job losses. The CWU actually made that assumption based on RMs parcel strategy and absorption. In other words RM may claim that the Union deliberately misinformed it's members in a bid to get the YES vote.

Just look at what they were saying last week....there will be good terms and cons for our colleagues who stay, we still want to work with the CWU (yeh right) and we still want a sustainable USO.

11 Nov 2019, 20:34

Woody Guthrie wrote:The court case will only deal with the alleged breach of trade union legislation.

Nothing else is relevant.

mail integrity is down the swanney then.

11 Nov 2019, 20:39

postslippete wrote:
norm wrote:The thing about the 20,000 job losses isn't misinformation though is it, it was based on the new proposed parcel strategy and absorbing 1 walk out of every six due to reduced workload.

I don't recall the Royal Mail specifically suggesting that there would be 20,000 job losses. The CWU actually made that assumption based on RMs parcel strategy and absorption. In other words RM may claim that the Union deliberately misinformed it's members in a bid to get the YES vote.

Just look at what they were saying last week....there will be good terms and cons for our colleagues who stay, we still want to work with the CWU (yeh right) and we still want a sustainable USO.

well RM wouldn't mention 20000 jobs to go. that's not a good advert in any company. but I think the figure quoted by the union was based on the 1 in 6 jobs lost in letters. it was an estimated guess not an actual claim, I think.

11 Nov 2019, 20:54

Anyone any idea if this will definitely be decided tomorrow and if so when will we find out decision?

11 Nov 2019, 20:54

Ok,so assuming Royal Mail have evidence of those who organised workplace ballots and the court finds in RMs favour - does that mean that all those members then get suspended on full pay??

11 Nov 2019, 20:59

can't see that happening at all. if RM win they will rub the CWUs face in it and gloat. I would imagine there will be another ballot. but it I cant see it being as big a turnout and it will be a lot less. having said that, members will be fuming that they've won and could possibly have an effect that stuns RM.

11 Nov 2019, 21:01

kevbo wrote:Anyone any idea if this will definitely be decided tomorrow and if so when will we find out decision?

yes, its defo tomorrow, I cant remember the time of last one they won, think it was around 12-1300. dinner time.

11 Nov 2019, 21:11

Asked one of our reps this morning on what they thought the likely outcome of the hearing would be. He said he didn't know anything was going on. Our office is f****d.

11 Nov 2019, 21:47

court hearing starts at 2pm tomorrow

Royal Mail in legal bid to block national Christmas strike : CWU respons

11 Nov 2019, 23:30

daveyeff wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:The court case will only deal with the alleged breach of trade union legislation.

Not really it was part of last couple of weeks WTLL sessions around the country.

Plus you had to sign you had understood and accept it.

A bit timely do you think?

12 Nov 2019, 08:19

Jonathan Swift is the judge, 2pm, fingers crossed

12 Nov 2019, 08:27

Will the verdict actually be announced today?

12 Nov 2019, 09:34

LaggyBand wrote:Jonathan Swift is the judge, 2pm, fingers crossed

Quick google and it says his pro government. So looks like RM are going to win. Another business where the top bosses get away with more pay screwing everyone over. Queue the government asking what happened to the company when thousands lose their job and the bosses at RM pretending they give a crap.

12 Nov 2019, 10:14

I actually think the whole thing is a government orchestrated load of bollocks. I reckon they and RM have poured over things to find something trivial they can go to court with and the appointed judge will have been told what is expected of him. I reckon it’s a stitch up - hopefully I’m wrong but we’ll find out later!!!

12 Nov 2019, 11:03

ddtc wrote:

Quick google and it says his pro government. So looks like RM are going to win. Another business where the top bosses get away with more pay screwing everyone over. Queue the government asking what happened to the company when thousands lose their job and the bosses at RM pretending they give a crap.

Yeah. I mean they’re all system-types. Else they wouldn’t get those positions. The decision gets made beforehand and then the law is construed and applied in a way that delivers that decision; no doubt.

The only way you get an anti-system decision is where the judge forsees his judgement could get overturned on appeal. They hate that.

12 Nov 2019, 13:11

Best of luck to the union today. Unfortunately I'm not hopeful about the outcome.

Royal Mail in legal bid to block national Christmas strike : CWU respons

12 Nov 2019, 13:39

Binsey wrote:
daveyeff wrote:

Not really it was part of last couple of weeks WTLL sessions around the country.

Plus you had to sign you had understood and accept it.

A bit timely do you think?

I mean its down the swanney as regards to the court case, it will only deal with alleged breach of trade union legislation. mail integrity is RMs internal policy/rules and therefore should have nowt to do with trade union legislation.

12 Nov 2019, 14:12

How many posties have they got proof about? I mean even if they have names and video evidence, they would need a lot of it to void enough voting slips to get down below the 51% needed.

And Parcelforce had a separate poll.

12 Nov 2019, 15:34

Takeitforaride wrote:How many posties have they got proof about? I mean even if they have names and video evidence, they would need a lot of it to void enough voting slips to get down below the 51% needed.

And Parcelforce had a separate poll.

It isn't as simple as deducting a few votes. It is about the union failing to comply with the legislation surrounding ballots for industrial action rendering the whole ballot invalid.

The relevant part of the rules is

In an industrial action ballot:
every person entitled to vote must be allowed to do so without interference from, or constraint imposed by, the union or any of its members, officials or employees;

as far as reasonably practicable,every person entitled to vote must be:sent a voting paper by post to his home address, or another address which he has asked the union (in writing) to treat as his postal address;given a convenient opportunity to vote by post; and allowed to do so without incurring any direct cost to himself (seealso paragraph 31); andas far as reasonably practicable, the ballot must be conducted in such a way as to ensure that those voting do so in secret

I will be surprised if the judge finds that the union encouraging members to intercept their ballots, open them and register their vote for industrial action while being photographed or videoed by fellow members doesn't negate the whole ballot. If we lose then heads should roll amongst the union leadership who were behind this.

12 Nov 2019, 15:42

ddtc wrote:

He was the government's top lawyer before becoming a judge.

We are toast.

Previous page Next page

Page 8 of 9   1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9