not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

no doubt whatsovever on RM strikes during gereral election & over xmas Terry Pullinger

05 Nov 2019, 20:10

The Communication Workers Union has given its clearest indication to date that there will be industrial action at Royal Mail in the run-up to Christmas and during the general election campaign.

Terry Pullinger, the union’s deputy general secretary, said the CWU was still in what he called a “resolution process” with the company to resolve a dispute that began in May but that talks weren’t progressing and that strike action looks inevitable.

”As you are asking me now, I don’t think there is absolutely any doubt whatsoever that we will be giving [the company] notice and we will be taking industrial action through the build-up to Christmas and through the period up to the general election,” Mr Pullinger told ITV News.

Mr Pullinger said that the scale of the strike action the union is planning is “significant” and that Black Friday (November 29) and Cyber Monday (December 2) are “in the mix”.

He said the precise dates will be published after a meeting of the CWU’s National Executive Committee next Wednesday.
Last edited by 2chorizon on 05 Nov 2019, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

no doubt whatsovever on RM strikes during gereral election & over xmas Terrry Pullinger

05 Nov 2019, 20:11

Mr Pullinger insisted that it is not in its members’ interests to delay until January, when a strike would caused significantly less disruption.

“We need to raise the profile of this campaign and win this dispute,” he explained.

The CWU is affiliated to the Labour Party, donated £250,000 to its 2017 election campaign and will help fund this one too.

Thus far, Labour has publicly supported the CWU’s right to strike during the campaign. Labour also has plans to renationalise Royal Mail if it forms the next government.

Terry Pullinger insists that the union is acting independently of Labour and that it wouldn’t call off strike action even if it came under political pressure to do so.

“We wouldn’t call off industrial action for anybody, not even the Labour Party. This is our dispute and our executive and our reps that will call it off not any political party,” Mr Pullinger said.

no doubt whatsovever on RM strikes during gereral election & over xmas Terrry Pullinger

05 Nov 2019, 20:13

Read all about it:

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-11-05/no- ... christmas/

Black friday 29th & cyber Monday 2nd

long weekend guys n gals

05 Nov 2019, 20:21

2chorizon wrote:Read all about it:

long weekend guys n gals

Hope so - I want to get to footy on Saturday for a change :dance

06 Nov 2019, 14:06

JKSmudge wrote:
2chorizon wrote:Read all about it:

long weekend guys n gals

Hope so - I want to get to footy on Saturday for a change :dance

& cut off :Very Happy on a Tuesday on return to DO :crazy: ...LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL (ON :dance AND ON :dance AND ...) :so there :cuppa :thumbup

no doubt whatsovever on RM strikes during gereral election & over xmas Terry Pullinger

06 Nov 2019, 15:36

Surely striking on those dates, especially Cyber Monday won't have much impact? That's the day people are ordering, it's the subsequent days when they reach us that would cause the most impact?

06 Nov 2019, 15:44

scoobymunster wrote:Surely striking on those dates, especially Cyber Monday won't have much impact? That's the day people are ordering, it's the subsequent days when they reach us that would cause the most impact?

Very true.

06 Nov 2019, 15:57

Need to walk out for a month... all of december...

Enough is enough.. bleeding the royal mail dry. In pursuit of profit to the wealthy.... big corporations...

06 Nov 2019, 18:45

If I was TP I would announce a whole seven days of industrial action from Black Friday covering both MCs and DOs at the same time. With any luck Rico Black would then reconsider his new parcel strategy and his other crazy ideas. If we cannot stop these changes the job won't be worth having and eventually won't exist.

06 Nov 2019, 19:58

Celgar wrote:If I was TP I would announce a whole seven days of industrial action from Black Friday covering both MCs and DOs at the same time. With any luck Rico Black would then reconsider his new parcel strategy and his other crazy ideas. If we cannot stop these changes the job won't be worth having and eventually won't exist.

Problem with that is RM leadership might test people’s pockets thinking most can’t afford a full week.

On the other hand, a couple days here and there might be seen as manageable on RMs part.

Stakes are high on both sides. This could get messy.

06 Nov 2019, 20:13

Every Friday and Saturday by everyone, this would make all managers have to work over every weekend which would piss them off and this would trickle back up to the top.

06 Nov 2019, 21:36

Phantom wrote:Every Friday and Saturday by everyone, this would make all managers have to work over every weekend which would piss them off and this would trickle back up to the top.

It’s a really good idea imo to make it days people want off (not me included btw, I like working Saturdays)

Because... I see this going on a while, you need the members to remain supportive throughout.

07 Nov 2019, 00:42

LaggyBand wrote:
Celgar wrote:If I was TP I would announce a whole seven days of industrial action from Black Friday covering both MCs and DOs at the same time. With any luck Rico Black would then reconsider his new parcel strategy and his other crazy ideas. If we cannot stop these changes the job won't be worth having and eventually won't exist.

Problem with that is RM leadership might test people’s pockets thinking most can’t afford a full week.

On the other hand, a couple days here and there might be seen as manageable on RMs part.

Stakes are high on both sides. This could get messy.

This ^

I have been on many strikes in the past and they will try and starve you.
Previous exeprience taught me that 1 day strikes can be managed and the business upon seeing the old tactic of "different trades / different days = max impact"
they will send all other trades home if one trade goes out thus rapidly escalating the finacial loss to the workers.

This is when things get very ugly

People ultimately tink of " them n theirs" and start to drift back.

If we are going to do it, it should be all out boom! straight off the bat, and hit cyber monday week ie tues 3rd wed 4th thurs 5th & fri 6th dec.

And run that straight into election week 12th dec

The only way to win this is to massively accelerate and up the ante straight off the bat.

Keep the initiative.

07 Nov 2019, 02:04

All logout on strike day 1 simultaneously, do not answer the phone, do not return to work until instructed by cwu via the postal service: the managers must then hand deliver the news that our bonus/pay and terms and conditions/ sww are all to be restored and backdated...talks with cwu have removed rm 'loony' exec and that we intend to continue to strike until paid compensation for the forced IA 'LOSS OF EARNINGS' AS A RESULT OF said RM 'LOONY' EXEC BREAKING OUR AGREEMENT AND REFUSING MEDIATION. = no more exec. restoration of balance of power. we the staff and union want to move forward with the business/shareholders, but, can't until rm exec is sacked for wilful delay of USO (law) due to mis-management decisions; thus causing a massive strike action. The group is the sum of it's parts not the whim of the 'fat controller' playing at his train set 2 part-time days per week. The shareholders need to grip him good and proper before he ruins rm industrial relations forever...the competitors are snapping at the heels of modern logistics...rm is a dodo if it doesn't utilise the current staff knowledge base to build together. consolidate and earn some respect...invest in the company by all means but not at the expense of the lowest paid staff. as rm refuse to budge on their headlong rush without consultation/mediation or respect for the law, surely the new government will step in and take it over as an asset? A uso is a public service and should be treated as such, not just allow egotistical morally corrupt millionaire 'chancers' to exploit and corrupt the 5oo year old service in less than 5oo days...oh, sorry...Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Jacob W.Rees Mogg et al are also egotistical morally corrupt millionaire 'chancers' ...so unless there happens to be an election soon....then i say all out indefinately and watch THEM burn in the bonfire of ALL THEIR vanities. 97.1% have given the cwu their backing. RM have given nowt, but they have taken the piss - SO, WE ARE TRULY sorry we couldn't deliver this xmas - our bosses were too busy counting their gold bonus/payrises and pensions to remember that without a willing workforce this winter all that remains is a house of (xmas) cards all requiring compensation for mismanagement and breaking the uso law.
we have always held the winning hand it just matters very much how we now play it out...I suggest we call and raise. :coolr

07 Nov 2019, 17:10

Still cant see the business backing down this time. They may just go down the route of rebranding the company again and forcing new contracts on us, sign if you want a job, bugger off if dont (ala Asda)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2