not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Postal workers plans for industrial action is about improving pay and conditions : Rebecca Long Bailey

05 Nov 2019, 07:46

https://labour.org.uk/press/postal-work ... ng-bailey/

Rebecca Long Bailey MP, Labour’s Shadow Business Secretary, responding to Andrea Leadsom’s comments about postal workers’ plans for industrial action over improving pay and conditions, said:

“The choice at this election is clear: the Tories on the side of needless greed or Labour on your side.

“The Tories and Lib Dems sold off Royal Mail, hitting workers’ jobs and living standards while the company has paid out £1bn to private shareholders.

“CWU members voted overwhelmingly to strike before the election was called. This is about workers improving their pay and conditions and the future of the postal service.”

Postal workers plans for industrial action is about improving pay and conditions : Rebecca Long Bailey

05 Nov 2019, 13:50

Nowt but sense to me...CWU strike back AT EM FOR BREAKING OUR LEGAL AGREEMENTS. simple...restore the 4 pillars (and you can afford it) or rue your poor business decision; taken without us. Respect is earned not given, Rico-babes! :coolr

05 Nov 2019, 16:52

This dispute isn't about a pay rise. I wish the journalists and politicians would get their facts straight before they open their mouths or release distorted articles in the press.

05 Nov 2019, 17:10

Celgar wrote:This dispute isn't about a pay rise. I wish the journalists and politicians would get their facts straight before they open their mouths or release distorted articles in the press.

Agreed. It doesn't help with getting the public onside. I have just been reading some of the comments on the BBC News article about the South Western Trains strike action and 90% of the posts on there are very anti the workers ("lazy, overpaid, dinosaurs, real-world, back to the 70s etc etc". I think we could get a similar reaction :cry
Last edited by itinerant on 05 Nov 2019, 19:17, edited 2 times in total.

05 Nov 2019, 17:19

Take a few minutes as you're walking about to inform your customers about what's happening. I can hear all the "I haven't got the Time" comments coming, but lets be Honest .... Most of us stop every now and then for a quick chat with a few of our "Favourite Customers" :thumbup So far most of mine seem to be totally unaware of the Parcel Force Sell Off and just read what's in the Papers. :cuppa

10 Nov 2019, 18:23

£1bn to private shareholders.......not to mention (coz they didn't) all the posties who own shares plus all the pension funds ( where else do they think pension funds come from)?.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1