not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

First and Last Post

06 Nov 2019, 19:12

richietns wrote:Basically your anti union the strike ballots already been you seem to be a bit confused.I dont mean that in a derogatory way.

of course she's confused. ''it can be said less than 2/3rds voted in support'' ? 110,000 members...76% turnout=83600 votes. 97%.1 of 83600 = 81175 voted in favour...……... 2/3rds of 110000 is 73333. not that I am being pedantic. :Very Happy

First and Last Post

06 Nov 2019, 20:06

rogersh wrote:
RTP wrote:Martin can you tell us when/if members will get a look at the mediators report?

Pending an answer from Martin.
Latest news on the mediators report is that according to Terry Pullinger "we can't share the report, not allowed to share the report...." !

I don't get why it has to remain secret and if so for how long.

First and Last Post

06 Nov 2019, 20:43

RTP wrote:
rogersh wrote:
RTP wrote:Martin can you tell us when/if members will get a look at the mediators report?

Pending an answer from Martin.
Latest news on the mediators report is that according to Terry Pullinger "we can't share the report, not allowed to share the report...." !

I don't get why it has to remain secret and if so for how long.

I agree, especially as the previous mediation final report by Professor Lynette Harris (appointed on 24th October 2017) was made available in a LTB on 6th December 2017.
Apparently it was agreed not do the same this time, or maybe the previous report was published in error.

First and Last Post

06 Nov 2019, 21:06

I wonder if first post had been drinking and then decided to post all that??

Everyone's entitled to their opinions and Im like anyone else in that i don't want to strike but the Union that we have got can see the bigger picture. It won't just be parcel force thats going to go down the pan when Royal Mail start forcing through changes - at pace. Yes,we know change inevitable but surely it's common sense to negotiate these big changes that will impact our working lives first??

First and Last Post

06 Nov 2019, 21:25

postslippete wrote:I wonder if first post had been drinking and then decided to post all that??

Everyone's entitled to their opinions and Im like anyone else in that i don't want to strike but the Union that we have got can see the bigger picture. It won't just be parcel force thats going to go down the pan when Royal Mail start forcing through changes - at pace. Yes,we know change inevitable but surely it's common sense to negotiate these big changes that will impact our working lives first??

we've been trying to negotiate (on an already agreed deal by the way) since May. RM have refused point blank to budge, until now when the 'irons are getting hot'......now we are all a bunch of 'jeremys' and they want to talk. bollocks to them.

First and Last Post

07 Nov 2019, 10:09

talk, talk, talk ...is cheap, Industrial action is ACTION. Time to 'up the ante'! Stick it up 'em CWU. DON'T NEGOTIATE ANYMORE...Show some teeth and let 'em come to you with THEIR next best 'strategy'...as they obviously thought this thru a while back (yeh, right) and discounted/miscalculated massively the true feelings of workforce - never mind insulting the union by ignoring 'em (our representation!) and breaking our LEGAL AGREEMENTS...

go for maximum legal leverage...it's about ALL legal terms and conditions being honoured, backdated and secured for the future...NOT being broken, refuted and ignored...

First and Last Post

07 Nov 2019, 14:51

Martin Walsh wrote:First Post last post. A Few facts for you to consider

1 Postal Industrial action Ballots which require industrial action papers were only introduced by the John Major anti trade union law in 1993.

2. The law stopped individuals balloting in the work place.

3. The CWU ballot result was the biggest ever national industrial action ballot result. The turn out of 76% was higher that the percentage of individuals who voted in the EU referendum often regarded the biggest democratic vote in a generation.

4. it was higher than the Royal Mail have you say results.

5. The mandate of 97% is clear sign that the Royal Mail have lost the workforce.

6. Royal Mail "s capital markets day strategy was clearly designed to increase shareholders future dividends. It was not discussed with the CWU.

7. It is about managing the decline of letters and by doing that it risks the future of the USO.

8. The separation of larger parcels will mean they by pass mail centres , reduce area distribution runs and logistics and for circa 1000 delivery offices it will mean that they lose this workload. Even for the circa 300 LAT units which will see the concentration of larger parcels to be delivered between 11 and 7 it will mean a reduction of one in six deliveries.

9. Royal Mail have secured a loan via a euro bond of just over 500 million which is designed to introduced this parcel strategy which will be repaid for on the back of postal workers jobs and terms and conditions.

10. Royal Mail need to start negotiating with the CWU instead of threatening court action .

11 Court action will not resolve the bitterness which postal workers feel with Royal Mails actions.

12 The CWU has increased its membership in the last 4 months because of the position the union is pursuing and members have chosen their side.

Opinions are welcome but please have some facts behind them if you are going to criticise the CWU.

Hi Martin,

I have some straight questions that I hope you can help me with:

1. What would you change if you were elected?
2. Can changes be introduced in delivery to improve the job’s conditions?
3. What do you think about the pay gap between PT’s and FT’s? What are your views on pay parity?
4. Could the overuse of plastic bands and labels or anything that increases our environmental footprint be avoided somehow?
5. What could be done to improve the conditions for workmates with disabilities and many others with risk of social exclusion?
6. Could the relocation’s procedure be improved?
7. What’s the protocol of training for newcomers and new duties? Can this be enhanced?
8. A fairer allocation of O/T could be workout?
9. What do you reckon of higher pay rate members performing additional lower pay rate’s hours at their higher pay rate?
10. Do you think that double handling of items is necessary?
11. To help members that don’t feel safe at their workplace should new processes and guidance introduced?
12. Family friendly applications for allocation of certain duties/shift patterns should be revised?
13. Are acting managers Unite or Union members?
14. Do you believe that representatives‘ discharge hours are well used?
15. Can a workmate be discriminated against for affiliation to any political party or for any other reason?
16. What are your proposals to move on this dispute?

First and Last Post

07 Nov 2019, 18:42

3. there is no pay gap between PT and FT. (unless triallists or have less than 12 months, or under 21)

First and Last Post

07 Nov 2019, 18:45

In terms of the mediation report , the mediation process finishes on Friday 8th November.

Only the 7 recommendations from the mediators report will be shared. This is because the External Mediator has written the report and it is there call on what can be released.

In terms of the recommendations they are hardly ground breaking and Royal Mail have made it clear they will not be agreeing to the recommendations in any case.

First and Last Post

07 Nov 2019, 19:30

4. We used to use red elastic bands at one time cause apparently they were more biodegradable and eco-friendly. Problem was they kept snapping after only a few uses and it cost Royal Mail too much money to keep investing in them.

Royal Mail did do trials for bench merging the mail so as to save time putting waves of mech mail in a frame only to pull them out again and bundle them up. I can't remember why it didn't work but personally I think mail volumes need to be massively reduced for this to work on a busy urban duty. The idea of walking round with a tray of mail could work if it was only one tray rather than a dozen.

I've noticed that we seem to go through insane levels of cardboard every time we get D2Ds,this could all be compacted and re-used and yet it doesn't,it just gets binned and then thrown in general waste!!

Trying to get the company to spend money to be environmentally friendly often falls on deaf ears. We got rid of pushbikes just to get more posties driving vans. What worked before was that we just had a few vans that just delivered the parcels. I've yet to see one of these new fandangled trikes,but to be honest,I think most posties have got that used to driving a van why would they now want to peddle a load of heavy bags and parcels for half a dozen miles before they even start their round??

First and Last Post

07 Nov 2019, 20:02

Martin Walsh wrote:In terms of the mediation report , the mediation process finishes on Friday 8th November.

Only the 7 recommendations from the mediators report will be shared. This is because the External Mediator has written the report and it is there call on what can be released.

In terms of the recommendations they are hardly ground breaking and Royal Mail have made it clear they will not be agreeing to the recommendations in any case.

Ok thanks Martin.

First and Last Post

07 Nov 2019, 21:28

RTP wrote:
Martin Walsh wrote:In terms of the mediation report , the mediation process finishes on Friday 8th November.

Ok thanks Martin.

...and thanks for nowt RM, YA IGNORANT TWONKS :d'oh!

First and Last Post

07 Nov 2019, 21:34

Do we think that since nothing of meaning has come from any of the mediation periods we've has and Royal Mail have continually ignored any recommendations it was perhaps not a very good process to agree to.

It appears to be nothing more than an expensive stalling tactic.

First and Last Post

08 Nov 2019, 13:12

Woody Guthrie wrote:Do we think that since nothing of meaning has come from any of the mediation periods we've has and Royal Mail have continually ignored any recommendations it was perhaps not a very good process to agree to.

It appears to be nothing more than an expensive stalling tactic.

Really, 'cos it (so far) hasn't cost my basic wages or the tax payer...just rm/cwu legal funds...but PLEASE REMEMBER these were necessary legal hoops Tthat must be jumped through in order for our IA to carry any clout...which rm definitely deserve...a clout round back of head/ears (for turning their backs on legal agreement: 4 pillars-sww/pay rise/our union's involvement in their 'way forward'/and all oportunites to engage workforce including mediation....probs gonna be Rico's board's expensive tactic in more ways than just financial...it might just cost him his job. :cuppa And let's be frank, now...It has certainly cost him his staff's support by 97.1%...great tactic(s); stalling or otherwise. :coolr

First and Last Post

08 Nov 2019, 15:04

The way is planned is for having a more quality delivery job with the best T&C of the industry for All Employee HA HA :left: :left: :left:
I preferred the Reptile threads.

First and Last Post

08 Nov 2019, 16:59

PLEASE REMEMBER these were necessary legal hoops Tthat must be jumped through in order for our IA to carry any clout.

Yes they are... because someone(s) at HQ thought that incorporating a mediation period into a national agreement on dispute resolution was a good idea.

It was clearly not....
An own goal it was.

First and Last Post

08 Nov 2019, 17:35

Woody Guthrie wrote:
PLEASE REMEMBER these were necessary legal hoops Tthat must be jumped through in order for our IA to carry any clout.

Yes they are... because someone(s) at HQ thought that incorporating a mediation period into a national agreement on dispute resolution was a good idea.

It was clearly not....
An own goal it was.

aye, it would seem so, master yoda. The CWU jedi mind-trick has been fooled by the dark force. The emperor gets stronger by Tuesday. But the 97.1% Alliance is Strongest when provoked...we will Never GIVE IN.
The Armistice Day's 2 minute silence on 11/11 @1100 hrs should allow every man/woman-jack of us to reflect that we (still are and) always have been, "British Lions led by Donkeys" and the spirit of working folk will continue to rise again, this winter. NONE OF THIS IS OVER...I await the 'Return of the CWU', in the meantime, I can do my own bit of internal/ personal positive Industrial action...by voting with my (contracted duty) feet, daily. :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2