not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

First and Last Post

04 Nov 2019, 03:23

WARNING

This topic contains plenty of flashing comments that can
be upsetting for any viewers with radical-sensitive perspective.
If you feel that this topic will be any way harmful or dangerous to you,
please turn off the topic now.

If any symptoms of Pro-Rata Vision Impairment, Conflict
Inflicted Syndrome or Political Meltdown Disorder begin to occur,
it’s recommended that you turn this topic on
and share your comments as soon as possible.

The comments contained within this topic do not either represent
Royal Mail Group or The Communications Workers Union’s views.
This is just a CWU member and RMG employee’s opinion.

Viewer discretion is advised.

Skim reading the New Business Plan, first thing came to my attention is that the business is going to keep Voluntary Redundancy within current agreements, that won’t be compulsory redundancies and the only job losses will be thought VR, people who decide to leave for any reason and absorption of backup duties.

Last 2 years RMG spent circa £50 million each year on VR so would be approximately £250 million during the 5 years of the Plan, that’s about 6k VR packages.
Also, Directors have made savings on their bonuses as well as managements.
Only 12% parcels are automated, so manual sort is not going anywhere atm.
“Any changes in flex to max the use of tech will be discussed with the CWU”

The review of the USO could mean that instead of 5 days parcels - 6 days letters would be the other way around 6 days parcels - 5 days letters, that possible end up as a Monday to Friday delivery job.

Also the Parcel Strategy addresses many issues of limited space on D.Os where at busy periods parcels are literally over the roof, overloading of vans, locker congestions, endless customer queues... There is not yard room for bigger vans.

Parcels slow us down while on delivery. If the duties are even out, instead of having 3 - 7 loops duties like now, we would be having the some amount loops each one; everyone knows how long it takes to make a loop without parcels, specially if you have terraced houses or block of flats with letterboxes outside. This saves time, which could be used for community engagement. Locker support and rural rounds are always to be there. With better forecasting we won’t get shafted with bulk postings being sorting endless catalogues without notice and O/T could be allocated in advance rather than on call.

The way is planned is for having a more quality delivery job with the best T&C of the industry for All Employees. Union reps won’t tell you this, they want to keep the T&C for a few, at the expense of the majority of the 90k delivery postpeople being bullied daily at D.O.s. having all Tuesdays off, being on call for O/T, not having proper training on new duties, being moved around for operational reasons… Whilst there are 30 minutes MCs’ duties where workmates ghost an extra 30h a week and then agency workers or we have to go on O/T after having been all day in the wet, not even allowed to speak to anyone, to do their job, while them are hanging around.

If you say that this isn’t fair, they will tell you: that’s because you have a bad rep that there’re good and bad reps, this shouldn’t be permitted, if there’s a bad one this one should be replaced for whoever does it best. No one asks about how much money Terry gets, he does a cracking job and that’s why there are no questions about it.

The CWU will lose some memberships over the years. It’s what they are worried, Not You. We should be asking why only a 73% yes vote, why part-timers are always forgotten on the agreements or why Culture is not addressed?

If we are talking about leaving the best T&C for future generations, we might hijack a General Election; lose clients, disappoint customers and children over Christmas, letting Amazon take over the market and then not have a company to work for.

Don’t allow management or the Union decide what’s best for You.

Why don’t you say what You want out of this dispute?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

First and Last Post

04 Nov 2019, 06:08

Utter crap!

First and Last Post

04 Nov 2019, 06:54

The above is probably going to receive an angry reaction but it's definitely a different angle of looking at what's going on.
I've only been with RM for 8 months so I can only comment on my short experience.
While I support the CWU in it's stance to keep the present T&C's and prevent a two tier workforce, I also question why the Union doesn't stand up for new starters/part timers.
My experiences are a lack or limited training period, difficulty in claiming overtime, no holiday slots and pressure to perform as well has experienced operatives to name a few.
It is often posted on this forum that you should go and see your rep if you have a problem but these problems are well known to everybody in RM and still allowed to continue. These so called great T&C's that we are fighting for aren't so great to new starters/part timers.
Even if we win in this dispute I can only see things going down hill in the future. The bullying and harassment will only get worse in a drive to keep the company acceptably profitable and judging by the present situation, the brunt of this will be felt by new staters/part timers.
I would like to add that I still enjoy the job.

First and Last Post

04 Nov 2019, 15:05

:roll:

First and Last Post

04 Nov 2019, 16:01

The OP states “This saves time, which could be used for community engagement”.
This is RM, it will not. There are so many other points that are fundamentally wrong or misleading (perhaps, misled) the post reads like a ‘don’t dare strike you ungrateful plebs’ that I am surprised it wasn’t copied from the Courier.

First and Last Post

04 Nov 2019, 16:21

We should be asking why only a 73% yes vote,

It wasn't.
It was a 97.1% Yes vote.
It was a 2.9% No vote.

You can't have the non voters, that's not how democracy works.

First and Last Post

04 Nov 2019, 17:22

Is this a windup.

First and Last Post

04 Nov 2019, 18:42

probably. one of Rico's cronies posted it.

First and Last Post

04 Nov 2019, 19:05

“Trust” doesn’t go far in the corporate pursuit of profits.

“Trusting” it’ll all work out ok for us at the bottom sounds a bad plan.

Agreements are better.

First and Last Post

04 Nov 2019, 20:10

C for effort
F for execution

Best bit.... https://images.app.goo.gl/4ahPLcVuJV7RKrZ5A

First and Last Post

04 Nov 2019, 22:24

really? who the fcuk are you and where is your propaganda evidenced from? are you for real? :oops:
Last edited by work on 05 Nov 2019, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

First and Last Post

05 Nov 2019, 05:55

Anyone noticed that first.post only joined yesterday ? Mmm very suspicious

First and Last Post

05 Nov 2019, 15:27

Joined and took them a whole ten minutes to post that long spiel.
Definite sock puppet.

First and Last Post

06 Nov 2019, 02:29

Caesar wrote:The above is probably going to receive an angry reaction but it's definitely a different angle of looking at what's going on.
I've only been with RM for 8 months so I can only comment on my short experience.
While I support the CWU in it's stance to keep the present T&C's and prevent a two tier workforce, I also question why the Union doesn't stand up for new starters/part timers.
My experiences are a lack or limited training period, difficulty in claiming overtime, no holiday slots and pressure to perform as well has experienced operatives to name a few.
It is often posted on this forum that you should go and see your rep if you have a problem but these problems are well known to everybody in RM and still allowed to continue. These so called great T&C's that we are fighting for aren't so great to new starters/part timers.
Even if we win in this dispute I can only see things going down hill in the future. The bullying and harassment will only get worse in a drive to keep the company acceptably profitable and judging by the present situation, the brunt of this will be felt by new staters/part timers.
I would like to add that I still enjoy the job.

I enrolled before denationalisation, don’t believe this CWU’s B&H gets any better any time soon under the current model.

Woody Guthrie wrote:
We should be asking why only a 73% yes vote,

It wasn't.
It was a 97.1% Yes vote.
It was a 2.9% No vote.

You can't have the non voters, that's not how democracy works.

It can be said that less than two-thirds CWU’s members voted on support of the Union if you prefer letters. But you are right it’s a Democracy we can keep having free and open opinions, and why not ballot National Officers now?

LaggyBand wrote:“Trust” doesn’t go far in the corporate pursuit of profits.

“Trusting” it’ll all work out ok for us at the bottom sounds a bad plan.

Agreements are better.

Maths don’t lie, people who twist figures do.
Indeed, agreements are much better than an agreement.

Sir Henry wrote:C for effort
F for execution

Best bit.... https://images.app.goo.gl/4ahPLcVuJV7RKrZ5A

Will have to go back to School and get my numbers right because at my office, workmates are so desperate for Silver, even Bronze handshakes that now, that the CWU is jeopardising Gold ones with this threat of IA, the business might use that budget for something else.

work wrote:really? who the fcuk are you and where is your propaganda evidenced from? are you for real? :oops:

The New Business Plan is on RMG website, CWU is fully aware of everything that is being exposed on this topic and much more since February. Last year failure calculating the times led to make sure this year the timing was perfect to threat with BF, CM and Xmas’ chaos and why not use a GE along to keep threating.

Now that the business is open for negotiation and willing to give us the same opportunities and T&C to EVERYONE and once for all address the Culture, is the CWU the one rejecting this? Is this the Labour Union? Or Ain’t different from the demons are said to be fighting against over the pursue of these agreements?

All I can say if you are sceptical is that you can keep clicking the picture, but I tell you what you will get: The Best T&C “according to local agreements”.

You’ll be bullied, harassed, victimised and discriminated against by the CWU.

A two-tier CWU workforce of PTs/FTs

If you do more O/T than the CWU considers right, you will be excluded from it.

Seniority won’t apply to you; your day off will be Tuesday.

You’ll have to do the job properly making missorts or mixing mail to be accepted.

Last.Post

One of own will tell you what you will get:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

First and Last Post

06 Nov 2019, 05:26

Basically your anti union the strike ballots already been you seem to be a bit confused.I dont mean that in a derogatory way.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3