not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

LTB 639/19 : 2019 : Unagreed Recruitment of Additional Temporary, Agency and Casual Workers

01 Nov 2019, 23:18

LTB 639/19 – 2019 Dispute Relating to Honouring & Deploying the Four Pillars of Security & Pay/Guiding Principles National Agreement between the CWU & RMG – Unagreed Recruitment of Additional Temporary, Agency and Casual Workers

No. 639/19

1st November 2019

Dear Colleagues,

2019 Dispute Relating to Honouring & Deploying the Four Pillars of Security & Pay/Guiding Principles National Agreement between the CWU & RMG – Unagreed Recruitment of Additional Temporary, Agency and Casual Workers

The DGS(P) Department has been made aware of adverts that have been circulated throughout large parts of the country by a number of employment agencies. These relate to the recruitment of casual, agency and in some cases temporary workers on varying rates of pay and during the hours of around 11:00 – 19:00. The Union believes these actions are a clear breach of a number of our National Agreements and are currently seeking legal advice.

In addition a Sub Group has been established to monitor the situation and devise ways that these unilateral actions can be challenged using our agreed industrial processes.

I have also taken the step of writing to the Head Office of each of the Employment Agencies that are recruiting for these posts to remind them of their legal obligations during an official dispute and strike action. It is also important that Branches contact all employment agencies in the areas where such unagreed recruitment is taking place to remind them of the legalities around this matter.

Please see attached for the information of Branches a letter which I would encourage you to use as a template to approach local employment agencies.

Any enquiries in relation to the content of this LTB should be addressed to the DGS(P) Department.

Yours sincerely,

Terry Pullinger
Deputy General Secretary (Postal)

Attachment-to-LTB-639-19.doc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LTB 639/19 : 2019 : Unagreed Recruitment of Additional Temporary, Agency and Casual Workers

01 Nov 2019, 23:35

:thumbup :ON THE RISE :coolr GO ON THE LADS! :Very Happy

02 Nov 2019, 19:42

we all know that the company take on extra staff over xmas in mail centres on the sorting , but I have never know then take on casuals to do the delivery side of things , mail / parcels , as parcels where and are done on posties wanting overtime over xmas , so are these casuals using there own cars / vans as al royal mail employees are required to do change over to drive any vehicle for the company for insurances and are required to have your licences checked at least twice per year , so I think they are just trying it on to undermine the CWU and the staff for any I/a and I hope the CWU can stop this in its tracks .

04 Nov 2019, 05:42

worktotime wrote:we all know that the company take on extra staff over xmas in mail centres on the sorting , but I have never know then take on casuals to do the delivery side of things , mail / parcels , as parcels where and are done on posties wanting overtime over xmas , so are these casuals using there own cars / vans as al royal mail employees are required to do change over to drive any vehicle for the company for insurances and are required to have your licences checked at least twice per year , so I think they are just trying it on to undermine the CWU and the staff for any I/a and I hope the CWU can stop this in its tracks .

I thought the tories done away with the legislation restricting employment agencies covering striking workers and will these casuals on delivery be CRB checked?

04 Nov 2019, 17:50

It sounds like these additional strike breaking staff may just be dealing with postal votes and election materials but I'm unsure as to how 6000 staff can get all the election stuff delivered.

04 Nov 2019, 20:26

Celgar wrote:It sounds like these additional strike breaking staff may just be dealing with postal votes and election materials but I'm unsure as to how 6000 staff can get all the election stuff delivered.

Provided the postal vote forms arrive in time for wave 1, they'll get sequenced along with all the rest of the mech mail. Poll cards can go through a CSS but the CSS machines tend to reject loads of them on the 2nd and 3rd passes. Party leaflets i'm guessing will come through with the rest of the d2d items

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1