not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 19:03

Most of it.. read it..

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 19:17

Cichlid wrote:Royal Mail have written the CWU asking them to suspend any Industrial Action for the rest of 2019. :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

https://www.royalmailgroup.com/en/press ... il-update/

They are also starting to panic due to the Election Material that has to be delivered. Not so smart now Rico are you!!!

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 19:18

roadrunner bill wrote:Most of it.. read it..

I did read it previously, but that was over a year ago. I'm asking what RM specifically won't honour.

Much of what I read was implemented. The shorter working week was always going to be undeliverable at 35 hours per week, to anybody with half an idea how the job works in reality...

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 19:27

Im not going to write.. the total details of the 4 pillars agreement.. that royal mail wont honour..

Terry pullinger has expressed most of it.. on the cwu facebook page. watch it..

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 19:40

roadrunner bill wrote:Im not going to write.. the total details of the 4 pillars agreement.. that royal mail wont honour..

Terry pullinger has expressed most of it.. on the cwu facebook page. watch it..

I'm not asking you to write out the total details of 4 pillars, I'm asking you what you feel aggrieved about them not honouring. Fairly straightforward question.

I've watched quite a few of Terry's videos, they aren't that helpful for understanding the specifics, his comments have a tendancy towards hyperbole, and are fairly generalised.

That's the main sense I get from this proposed strike, it's not so much about what Royal Mail has done, it's about what people feel is going to happen next. It's hard to reach a position of discussion when the tone is so combative, and there is no trust between the two parties.

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 19:56

In a nutshell.. royal mail has become a cash cow for the wealthy.. its all about money.. profit.. and their own self gain.. and are in a position to exploit this.

They want more money.. for their own gain..

That entails.... Cost cutting and asset stripping... the 4 pillars defends against this..

Royal mail is a national treasure.. a service to the country.

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 20:10

With the potential General Election in December, is there a chance that RM might put in for an injunction to stop us from striking before the New Year?

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 20:20

SpacePhoenix wrote:With the potential General Election in December, is there a chance that RM might put in for an injunction to stop us from striking before the New Year?

I hope not, that would be using Brexit tactics and none of us know how that ends. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 20:53

Cichlid wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:With the potential General Election in December, is there a chance that RM might put in for an injunction to stop us from striking before the New Year?

I hope not, that would be using Brexit tactics and none of us know how that ends. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

if the CWU get it right and do everything by the book, then an injunction will be rejected by the court. just hope the CWU get it ''very right''!!

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 20:58

it HAS to be said for RM though.....they've got the brass neck to try anything.

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 21:11

Would there be any consequences if an injunction is successful and we still go ahead with a strike?

I really hope there isn't but I have a naggin feeling the government will step in just because of the possible elections. Royal Mail no doubt will be relentless telling government to do so.

Royal Mail update.

29 Oct 2019, 21:25

if they got an injunction and the union went ahead, it would result in the CWUs funds being seized.

Royal Mail update.

30 Oct 2019, 00:39

daveyeff wrote:it HAS to be said for RM though.....they've got the brass neck to try anything.

aye and so can each and everyone of us...work to the rules and see your actions ruffle some feathers...SOLIDARITY was all it has ever been about...we've already won that bit...now for some action (ps: it often speaks louder than words)...if each postie tried a bit of standing-up for themselves in the face of bureaucratic bluster (management spiel) then we really do outnumber the buggers...
    now i'm not saying bully em back cos that makes us NO BETTER...what i suggest is playing em at their own game and sticking to the rules...just working my contracted hours for my contracted time by the letter of my contract as directed by BOTH cwu/rmg AND our own moral compass. that to me seems like industrial action without compromise.

= dignity/pay for a FAIR day's/shift/work. NO MORE: NO LESS :neutral:

Royal Mail update.

30 Oct 2019, 04:13

It's pretty immaterial what RM do now, the union won't disrupt a general election with industrial action. It would be political suicide and a PR disaster.

Be prepared for a massive climbdown and some desperate attempts at a face saving last minute deal.

This does not look good for us.

Royal Mail update.

30 Oct 2019, 11:36

I sincerely hope you are taking the piss. EVERYBODY I know working for RM is extremely fired up for this dispute. who cares if it is politically disastrous or a PR balls-up. we are a ''private company'' now, not owned by the public. going on strike at xmas was ALWAYS viewed as exactly what you are describing. political and publicly stupid. but here we are, about to do JUST that.! we'll see what Mr Pullinger says tonight.

Royal Mail update.

30 Oct 2019, 15:50

Phantom wrote:Absolutely no chance, RM have had plenty of time to discuss all what's been on the table.

If the CWU agree to this then I'll quit the Union.

I'll be cancelling my subs also if they agree to this.

Royal Mail update.

30 Oct 2019, 17:01

who cares if it is politically disastrous or a PR balls-up

Our negotiators.
    CWU HQ.
    Dave Ward.

Royal Mail update.

30 Oct 2019, 17:14

well they are going ahead with tonights Q&A session so we will all find out soon enough. can't see the CWU backing down tbh, election or not. in fact this general election has given us even more advantage.

Royal Mail update.

30 Oct 2019, 20:38

daveyeff wrote:well they are going ahead with tonights Q&A session so we will all find out soon enough. can't see the CWU backing down tbh, election or not. in fact this general election has given us even more advantage.

TOTALLY AGREED...ESPECIALLY IF ALL LIKE MINDED POSTIES DELIVER ONLY A RENATIONALISED POST OFFICE PROPAGANDA MANIFESTO PROMISE...VOTING FOR OUR COLECTIVE FUTURE/RIGHTS/PENSIONS ETC...hardly a selfish vote as only one party has my fello workers rights and conditions secured...not withstanding the brexit divorce shenanigans...thre can be only one way forward...collective bargaining for all our futures now...it could be the start of a workers (en mass) fight back in our lifetime. tax the rich. cash for gold the crown jewels and get rid of the royal spongers/ non elected lords and ladies nonsense. A NEW BRITAIN RUN BY THE WORKING CLASS BRITISH. WOAH :coolr LET'S EAT THE RICH!

Royal Mail update.

30 Oct 2019, 23:10

Been told from DOM that there will defo not be any strike action before Christmas.... :shock: So the question is, have the Union had talks about this already? and we are in the dark already. :hmmmm

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3