not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Strike & GE

31 Oct 2019, 12:29

The law requires a minimum of 7 days notice, of course. But assuming RM are just stalling, the executive need to move swiftly in setting strike date(s), I feel. The ‘decision in favour of strike action’ has already been made. Convincingly. By the membership.

Strike & GE

01 Nov 2019, 13:08

wandle wrote:The law requires a minimum of 7 days notice, of course. But assuming RM are just stalling, the executive need to move swiftly in setting strike date(s), I feel. The ‘decision in favour of strike action’ has already been made. Convincingly. By the membership.

Mark Baulch has confirmed the law has changed to 2 weeks notice.

Strike & GE

01 Nov 2019, 14:51

As a postal executive member we will be meeting on the 13th November and will be looking to announce strike action.

The law requires 2 weeks notice. There is no law which stops a strike during the general election period.

Strike & GE

01 Nov 2019, 15:41

Martin Walsh wrote:As a postal executive member we will be meeting on the 13th November and will be looking to announce strike action.

The law requires 2 weeks notice. There is no law which stops a strike during the general election period.

We must be very careful with the 14 day notice period for strike.
It absolutley must be enacted on the 13/14th of Nov so the strike begin around 28 / 29th nov (black friday)

Any delay to that critical element will likely put a any strike action beyond the 12th dec general election

& by 12-15dec the xmas post will be all but done n dusted
Loosing all our bargaining power.
So........

All that remains to be seen is if there is any "delay"

This is time critical and there can be no delaying whatsoever in order to allow GE to take place.

Strike & GE

02 Nov 2019, 01:14

2chorizon wrote:
Martin Walsh wrote:As a postal executive member we will be meeting on the 13th November and will be looking to announce strike action.

We must be very careful with the 14 day notice period for strike.
It absolutley must be enacted on the 13/14th of Nov so the strike begin around 28 / 29th nov (black friday)

Any delay to that critical element will likely put a any strike action beyond the 12th dec general election

& by 12-15dec the xmas post will be all but done n dusted
Loosing all our bargaining power.
So........

All that remains to be seen is if there is any "delay"

This is time critical and there can be no delaying whatsoever in order to allow GE to take place.

:pray GO ON THE CWU! YOU HAVE THE STRONGEST SUPPORT AND SOLIDARITY IMAGINABLE...NOW TO RAMP-UP THE FIGHT OF OUR LIVES :coolr This is and only ever was about capitalist elite shitting on the workers via bullying and harassment, negating our voice at the table and reneged on the terms and conditions in law. The rich are going to eat some humble pie this winter and we can serve it up cold. NICE ONE! TO ALL 97.1% OF US...Let's go to war and be a part of the bigger picture. 110,000 employees is a decent army of dissenters...THE GLOVES ARE OFF I TELLS YA...We must push back with some force or will forever regret our current position of SOLIDARITY if foresaken now. these fatcats have a five year plan rolling before 'em already...WE HAVE MOBILISED THE CWU TO ACT. They are pushing on. Let us not be fleeced by the wolf at the door this winter...make no mistake he will devour every last working right and law to get his greedy way...unless we can put his tail 'tween his legs NOW.......This is time critical and there can be no delaying whatsoever :thumbup

Strike & GE

02 Nov 2019, 06:28

I'm ready 4 Rico ✊

Strike & GE

02 Nov 2019, 08:23

2chorizon wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:

Well i hope your right and thats quite correct about balloting before GE was announced.

But.....Knowing trade unions (over 10yrs as a shop steward)
They have a v strong wish for the return of nationalisation of industries etc and this can only be accomplished with a Labour government in power.
The eyes will be on the bigger prize of a corrbyn / Labour GE victory now and the stike will likely be postponed in order to help achieve this.

Sorry but that is how it works.

(but i hope im wrong)

I think you are wrong. Strikes won't affect Labour's campaign. With a membership of around half a million, election material will be delivered by local members, not by post. Postal votes can be returned in person to polling stations on 12 December.
Of course the Tory press will use strikes to attack Labour, but they will use anything anyway.

Strike & GE

03 Nov 2019, 22:30

We Really need to send RM a message of intent, but it breaks me to say we need a Labour Government. The tory press machine will lay into Labour party in a big way ie Marxist Labour supporting a union trying to bring the country down do you want this return to the 70s. Thats how the tories will play it !!

Strike & GE

03 Nov 2019, 23:04

spursfan01 wrote:We Really need to send RM a message of intent, but it breaks me to say we need a Labour Government. The tory press machine will lay into Labour party in a big way ie Marxist Labour supporting a union trying to bring the country down do you want this return to the 70s. Thats how the tories will play it !!

Aye but only the weak minded party faithful will vote for them...this time around the youth are mobilising in droves...and they have the future global village perspective not the home counties mentality...stand by for another kick up the arse for politics (last referendum delivered Brexit shake-up), these kids have come of age and their vegan anti capitalist green credentials are all about the future planet and very anti boris/trump/establishment...2019 Election may just be the start of people power...the demographic time bomb will need to be addressed: why should the baby boomers get the free education/nhs/pensions/property/tv licences/prescriptions that the youth don't? they pay the same tax/NI but get shite wages until 25! SHOCKING TREATMENT OF THE NEXT GENERATION. Seize the day and make the rich pay...and that includes the elderly being means tested for tv licences/social care/bus passes/winter fuel payments/etc. {50% of over 65's vote Tory - they've never had it so good; the greedy sods}

Strike & GE

04 Nov 2019, 01:21

work wrote:
spursfan01 wrote:We Really need to send RM a message of intent, but it breaks me to say we need a Labour Government. The tory press machine will lay into Labour party in a big way ie Marxist Labour supporting a union trying to bring the country down do you want this return to the 70s. Thats how the tories will play it !!

Aye but only the weak minded party faithful will vote for them...this time around the youth are mobilising in droves...and they have the future global village perspective not the home counties mentality...stand by for another kick up the arse for politics (last referendum delivered Brexit shake-up), these kids have come of age and their vegan anti capitalist green credentials are all about the future planet and very anti boris/trump/establishment...2019 Election may just be the start of people power...the demographic time bomb will need to be addressed: why should the baby boomers get the free education/nhs/pensions/property/tv licences/prescriptions that the youth don't? they pay the same tax/NI but get shite wages until 25! SHOCKING TREATMENT OF THE NEXT GENERATION. Seize the day and make the rich pay...and that includes the elderly being means tested for tv licences/social care/bus passes/winter fuel payments/etc. {50% of over 65's vote Tory - they've never had it so good; the greedy sods}

Top post

Strike & GE

07 Nov 2019, 16:11

Listening to other posties talking at work today, they don’t seem as keen on striking as a few weeks ago? Anybody else detecting this?

Strike & GE

07 Nov 2019, 16:26

twoloops wrote:Listening to other posties talking at work today, they don’t seem as keen on striking as a few weeks ago? Anybody else detecting this?

Probably time of the year, Christmas, cold s**t weather, novelty has worn off etc......

Strike & GE

07 Nov 2019, 16:49

Listening to other posties talking at work today, they don’t seem as keen on striking as a few weeks ago? Anybody else detecting this?

Complete opposite of our place then, B & H and incompetence being ramped up by management, so we are even more up for a fight.

:hmmmm It's almost as if they are trying to goad people in to doing something silly and then they can suspend someone.

Strike & GE

07 Nov 2019, 17:54

twoloops wrote:Listening to other posties talking at work today, they don’t seem as keen on striking as a few weeks ago? Anybody else detecting this?

Novelty definitely wears off for some people. Unfortunately due to the anti striking laws in this country it takes so long from when the union first mooted a ballot to when we can actually go out. You can’t blame people....... with Christmas coming and mouths to feed etc people get a bit twitchy. Whilst this is the best time of year to strike it can also be he worst for many employees. Trouble in my office is that over the last 3/4/5 years we’ve had an influx of new employees all part time who just aren’t that interested in the politics of RM and just see it that if things turn s**t in the next year or so they’ll leave and pick up other employment. If you’ve got an office full of 25/30 year men then I can see people will be well up for IA as they are the ones with more to lose.

Strike & GE

07 Nov 2019, 18:08

80% of my office

Strike & GE

07 Nov 2019, 20:03

And where is your office ? The Outer Hebrides per chance.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2