not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

MRM.COM : We believe there are no grounds for industrial action : Video

16 Oct 2019, 19:57

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! Having watched this I'm glad he's not in the same room as me. I suppose the Management have got to put their Own Spin on it but WTF is he on about? ;liar

The reason we no longer operate as a Monopoly is because Vince Cable sold us off to his City Mates so they could all make a Quick Buck! He states that 50% of our revenue comes from Parcels ..... and Rico's trying to hive off our Parcel Force Colleagues into an Independant competitor. :shock: And we're being told any remaining larger parcels will be delivered by a Central hub? :arrrghhh

As for our customers looking to our competitors to deliver their parcels .... Who the Bloody Hell do Amazon turn to at Christmas when their own delivery system can't manage? ROYAL MAIL! Once they said they'd be delivering their own parcels we should have told them to get on with it and refused to handle theres. I realise we had our hands tied by the USO but what a situation. We still get a lot of their Prime Parcels because their guys can't get them there on time. :arrrghhh

And as for that closing statement about there being jobs for those that want to work for Royal Mail.... If that's not a veiled threat I don't know what is .... I presume that would be the "New Royal Mail" after we've all been told to bend over and take it? I'm just going out into the garden to do the "Ice-Bucket Challenge" to cool down. :cuppa

17 Oct 2019, 10:15

Dorset Plodder wrote:As for our customers looking to our competitors to deliver their parcels .... Who the Bloody Hell do Amazon turn to at Christmas when their own delivery system can't manage? ROYAL MAIL! Once they said they'd be delivering their own parcels we should have told them to get on with it and refused to handle theres. I realise we had our hands tied by the USO but what a situation. We still get a lot of their Prime Parcels because their guys can't get them there on time. :arrrghhh

Amazon will probably be "better" equipped to deliver their own parcels now as they use that "Flex" thing. Zero hours / no contract shift and i've heard it advertised on the radio. I heard about it years ago from one of my mates who drives taxis. I've seen the flex worker deliver too. In their own car & yes it is a small car where the back seats are down & you can see all the parcels in the back. Like hermes couriers years ago before they starting driving white vans.

The way it works is a route / slot becomes available & the first person to accept it gets it. <-- Rico's longer term plan, allegedly.

17 Oct 2019, 10:56

This really is just a "Race to the Bottom". We need to resist it at all costs, and that's what this Dispute is about. :thumbup This is basically just like the Bad Old Days when they had workers queuing at the gates and said, "We've got 50 jobs today First come First Serve .... Everyone else go home". Do we really want to go back to those days? With the added disadvantage that you've got to provide your own Transport... Fuel .... Insurance .... Servicing Costs & repairs. I think not. :cuppa

17 Oct 2019, 16:14

POSTMAN wrote:https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2019/10/cwu-ballot-result

We are very disappointed that CWU has successfully balloted its members for industrial action.

We believe there are no grounds for industrial action. We have honoured and want to honour our Agreements. We are committed to further talks and want to reach resolution.

Our future at risk

Our customers rely on us - even the threat of industrial action is concerning to them. There’s a real risk they will take their business away and not come back.

We have to change to meet our customers’ needs - that’s the only way to sustain the USO and the high quality jobs we offer now.

We have a plan to return to growth, which includes investing around £1.8bn over five years. Industrial action could put our investment at risk.

Our commitments

Our strategy is about meeting customer needs and growing our company, making it stronger in a changing world.

During our transformation journey, we need to work together - at pace. If we do, Royal Mail is making the following commitments to colleagues:

1. There will be job opportunities for all of our people who can and want to work for Royal Mail.

2. We will have a fairer working environment.

3. We will deliver the USO for our country.

4. We will invest in change to ensure a sustainable Royal Mail.

5. We will have the best terms and conditions in our industry.

The guy says RM honoured the agreement in 2018 by giving two pay rises of 5% & 2%.( I believe the 2017 rise would have been from April 2017. It was increased in May 2018 with back-pay from October 2017) But what is his point in referencing an agreed pay increase? Should we be grateful that this part of the agreement was implemented?

Edit from the four pillars.
• With effect from the 2nd October 2017 for weekly paid employees (1 October 2017 for monthly paid) an increase of 5% on basic pay rates or salary, basic pay supplements, skills and unsocial hours allowances, London weighting and Scottish Distant Islands allowance, overtime and scheduled attendance rates.

• With effect from the 1st April 2019 for weekly paid employees (1 April 2019 for monthly paid) an increase of 2% on basic pay rates or salary, basic pay supplements, skills and unsocial hours allowances, London weighting and Scottish Distant Islands allowance, overtime and scheduled attendance rates.

17 Oct 2019, 17:01

We made a vow of commitment to each other on our wedding day 3 years ago

I was commited in 2017 and 2018 why are you annoyed I have slept with someone else behind your back in 2019?

18 Oct 2019, 17:06

postslippete wrote:"we have honoured and will continue to honour our agreements"

The reason why the company can't honour the SWW is because they said it was unaffordable - yet they can somehow find £1.8 billion to invest over 5 years. :whistle

aye and give bonus/pay rises to management. TOTAL BOLLOX :confused

19 Oct 2019, 02:02

POSTMAN wrote:https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2019/10/cwu-ballot-result

We are very disappointed that CWU has successfully balloted its members for industrial action.

We believe there are no grounds for industrial action. We have honoured and want to honour our Agreements. We are committed to further talks and want to reach resolution.

Our future at risk

Our customers rely on us - even the threat of industrial action is concerning to them. There’s a real risk they will take their business away and not come back.

We have to change to meet our customers’ needs - that’s the only way to sustain the USO and the high quality jobs we offer now.

We have a plan to return to growth, which includes investing around £1.8bn over five years. Industrial action could put our investment at risk.

Our commitments

Our strategy is about meeting customer needs and growing our company, making it stronger in a changing world.

During our transformation journey, we need to work together - at pace. If we do, Royal Mail is making the following commitments to colleagues:

1. There will be job opportunities for all of our people who can and want to work for Royal Mail.

2. We will have a fairer working environment.

3. We will deliver the USO for our country.

4. We will invest in change to ensure a sustainable Royal Mail.

5. We will have the best terms and conditions in our industry.

When you the ROYAL MAIL abrogate an agreement expect a strike and you will have one as to the actors in this video you do not come across very well I hear Donald Trump is looking for some guys to portray the ethnic cleansing in Syria as a victory you two could be the chaps he is looking for!

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2