not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Danger of striking

24 Oct 2019, 20:52

rambo1 wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:If you can't hit the c***s, hit the c***s where it hurts.
RM do not believe in a fair days pay for a fair days work.
They believe in bonuses for the top brass and hedge fund managers at our expense.
Remember the colleague share scheme, I mean scam? Remember the unnecessary unscheduled profit warning that enabled Baron Greenback to hoover up more cut price shares?
Any part of the agreement in their favour is enforced whilst anything in our favour is undermined, worked around or blatantly ignored.
In war and chess there will be casualties and sacrifices.
Power to the people!
Next stop Marble Arch!
Go to work on an egg!
Strap me to a tree and call me Brenda!
After you with the gluebag!
I'll 'ave 'alf!r
I 'ate you Butler!

Couple of points . How is royal mail paying hedge fund managers? And the profit warning has to be announced, it's the law. It's entirely normal for a company CEO to purchase shares when they can to try boost invester confidence in their company. Also plenty of royal mail employees have also been 'hoovering' up shares at cut prices.

This deserves a detailed reply rambo1 but I dont have the time to find the right quotes etc atm.
So just quickly
Hedge funds being the amongst the largest shareholders in RM will be bringing pressure to bear, their bonuses being dependent on results.
I take it Rico will do the altruistic thing and offload those cut price shares to those confidence boosted investors when the price rallies. (The price he helped create by his unexpected timewise profit warning which just so happened to coincide with the time that lots of RM employees could sell shares tax free for the first time) I'd be very surprised if the rank and file will be hoovering up anywhere near 162000 cut price shares.

Danger of striking

24 Oct 2019, 22:30

Yes, Rico definately made that
unexpected timewise profit warning
in order to drop the shares price so he can buy much cheaper...
I don`t get why he gets away with it?

Danger of striking

03 Nov 2019, 11:39

Why the fk are we even striking? Is it because we only get 12 & half quid an hour for a job with no qualifications needed? Only been here a year after 10 years in a REAL s**t job. You dont know how good you have it ffs. Is it basically a strike to keep people in easy work? Scared of been found out? What am I actually gonna lose money for?

Danger of striking

03 Nov 2019, 11:43

Andrewp1978 wrote:Why the fk are we even striking? Is it because we only get 12 & half quid an hour for a job with no qualifications needed? Only been here a year after 10 years in a REAL s**t job. You dont know how good you have it ffs. Is it basically a strike to keep people in easy work? Scared of been found out? What am I actually gonna lose money for?

No, it isn’t.

It’s because the job is way better than your previous job and we really like that.

Danger of striking

03 Nov 2019, 11:45

Andrewp1978 wrote:Why the fk are we even striking? Is it because we only get 12 & half quid an hour for a job with no qualifications needed? Only been here a year after 10 years in a REAL s**t job. You dont know how good you have it ffs. Is it basically a strike to keep people in easy work? Scared of been found out? What am I actually gonna lose money for?

Maybe you should consider WHY it hasnt been turned into one of those 'real sh*t jobs' with terrible pay and conditions brainiac.

Its about PROTECTION

Consider what the job would be like if no one bothered their a*se over the past few decades and just let the big bosses do what they want, pay us what they wanted, give us the workload they wanted

Industrial action is not always about striking because your job is rubbish - its about trying to protect the good terms and conditions you already have and stopping them being eroded bit by bit

By all means though work through it but dont complain if we lose and your back in one of those 'REAL sh*t jobs' you talk about

Danger of striking

03 Nov 2019, 14:31

Don't understand why you feel the need to speak like the way you do. I mean looking at your previous post on this forum, you've posted about claiming holiday pay, or on about not enough hours as your a part timer unless you work overtime.

What do you think will happen right now if we don't strike? I mean the companies making millions as it is from part timers and they know it. They know they can use you guys to cover as much overtime as they want as a lot of part timers can't live with just their contracted hours. They save millions because of hiring part timers.

This again is another agreement broken by Royal Mail to review any part timers hours with a view to increasing contracted hours.

Yes I do agree we are paid well, but do you want to stand by and have a go at people who want to strike because they want to protect what we have and not turn into our rival companies.

I mean if your happy with RM turning into a gig economy business or whatever else. Or your happy with having to pay to hire your uniform, the use of an RM logo, paying out for car insurance, fuel costs, getting paid less than minimal wage, no holiday pay, sick pay, fines for going off sick as they need to cover your workload, the list is endless, then don't strike.

I'm sure upper management will be thinking about your wellbeing and how you can barely support your family while working to god knows what time a day everyday while they are sipping cocktails on their private yacht.

Danger of striking

03 Nov 2019, 21:48

Why do you think this job is better paid than some similar ones? Because we fight for our rights . If we hadn't there wouldn't be any decent pay or conditions. Royal Mail,would give us sweet FA if they could.

Danger of striking

03 Nov 2019, 23:08

Royal mail want new recruits to start on less money. Been with Royal mail 30 years, and fought for everything that you now have, including your hourly rate of £12.50. 18 months ago when we threatened to go on strike to protect our terms and conditions, and not to have a two tier work force regarding pay, is the reason you are on £12.50 an hour, and not minimum wage, along with inferior terms and conditions. Man up, and get some bank bone! With a potential long drawn out dispute, you are going to need it.

Danger of striking

04 Nov 2019, 00:03

read, digest and act on it...https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 7&p=869582 ...or go belly up, cowardly-like and take it for granted that you will forever just get whatever crumbs the elite want to leave you...in Rico's case, that's naffall :sad:
“Postal workers, nurses, health service workers, civil servants and teachers are all declaring their intent to take industrial action. Going on strike is never an easy decision but the people we depend on to deliver care, services and amenities to all communities have been given no option,”

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2