not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Danger of striking

14 Oct 2019, 12:28

Is there a danger - that now it's national news people just won't send with us? So we lose money striking and royal mail lose business contracts risking our jobs?

Even though I know we most likely won't strike .. the national news will make people surely question sending with us.

So it could be a quiet Xmas even if we don't strike.

Thoughts??

Danger of striking

14 Oct 2019, 12:35

And the alternative?

Danger of striking

14 Oct 2019, 13:12

I wouldn’t be too confident that we won’t strike.
This CEO and board are pissing off this workforce and it’s union big time. I personally think it will be a huge YES vote tomorrow......and we’ll have to wait and see what happens.

Danger of striking

14 Oct 2019, 13:19

why don't you think we wont strike ? I think we will as our new p/t ceo doesnt give a shite about the CWU , workers or the company hes in it to make as much money as he can , so if people decide to go else where then so be it, and we all know that these other companys cant cope at this time of the year to delivery and as we all know we always get that work back as we can do it , and all he wants to get rid as many staff as possible and kill the uso in his 5 year plan , so I don't think it is just a threat by the CWU and hope for the best , this isn't about a 2.5% pay rise its about an agreement we have already got and he doesn't like it .

Danger of striking

14 Oct 2019, 13:49

We should lose business even with the threat of strike action made public. If I was managing an internet based company i'd already have contingency plans prepared for alternative couriers. Its not as simple as RM cant collect today so we'll phone xyz to come get it.

If I remember correctly from the ballot paper, the earliest we can go on strike is 20 Nov. In my opinion if there is no legally binding agreement (again), we should strike a day or two at the earliest point. Maybe even stagger it for M/C staff first followed by Delivery Staff. But let it be known we aim for a bigger longer strike starting from Black Friday - Cyber Monday for example MC staff out sat , mon, tue followed by delivery staff out tue, wed, thur? Or all out at the same time. Higher up the cwu will know what to do better than me.

Danger of striking

14 Oct 2019, 15:10

Jamiechelt wrote:Is there a danger - that now it's national news people just won't send with us? So we lose money striking and royal mail lose business contracts risking our jobs?

Even though I know we most likely won't strike .. the national news will make people surely question sending with us.

Thoughts??

There is no danger to striking - There is danger if we don't fight this.

Danger of striking

14 Oct 2019, 15:47

If it needs to be done and we come out, then so be it. Let RM get away without fighting this time, and ...well you SHOULD know the rest. Carte' blanche as far as RM would be concerned.

Danger of striking

14 Oct 2019, 16:32

Jamiechelt wrote:Is there a danger - that now it's national news people just won't send with us? So we lose money striking and royal mail lose business contracts risking our jobs?

Thoughts??

Your quite right in what You say but there is no alternative I’m afraid.

Danger of striking

14 Oct 2019, 20:41

If you can't hit the c***s, hit the c***s where it hurts.
RM do not believe in a fair days pay for a fair days work.
They believe in bonuses for the top brass and hedge fund managers at our expense.
Remember the colleague share scheme, I mean scam? Remember the unnecessary unscheduled profit warning that enabled Baron Greenback to hoover up more cut price shares?
Any part of the agreement in their favour is enforced whilst anything in our favour is undermined, worked around or blatantly ignored.
In war and chess there will be casualties and sacrifices.
Power to the people!
Next stop Marble Arch!
Go to work on an egg!
Strap me to a tree and call me Brenda!
After you with the gluebag!
I'll 'ave 'alf!
I 'ate you Butler!

Danger of striking

14 Oct 2019, 22:47

was speaking to a guy yesterday as we prepped a frame about the possible strike action. His response was " no chance am I striking, will let them other pr**s fight for us, I need the cash for my kids Christmas". Had to walk away. some people are unreal.

Danger of striking

14 Oct 2019, 23:44

I joined Royal Mail recently and although I filled in the form and handed in on day one, I didn’t get my clearance through until it was too late, so missed the cut off to be able to vote. Anybody have any idea where I stand In terms of striking when I didn’t vote?

Danger of striking

15 Oct 2019, 01:21

Royal mail is run by lunatic psychopaths.... they cannot see the damage they are doing, only their own gain.. money..

Danger of striking

15 Oct 2019, 02:01

Thoughts??

Wern't their ballots in 2013 and 2017?

Were they quiet Christmasses?

Danger of striking

15 Oct 2019, 06:02

infectiousbreaks wrote:I joined Royal Mail recently and although I filled in the form and handed in on day one, I didn’t get my clearance through until it was too late, so missed the cut off to be able to vote. Anybody have any idea where I stand In terms of striking when I didn’t vote?

Of course you can still strike and receive the full protection of your union membership whilst doing so.

Danger of striking

15 Oct 2019, 07:28

wacko74 wrote:
infectiousbreaks wrote:I joined Royal Mail recently and although I filled in the form and handed in on day one, I didn’t get my clearance through until it was too late, so missed the cut off to be able to vote. Anybody have any idea where I stand In terms of striking when I didn’t vote?

Of course you can still strike and receive the full protection of your union membership whilst doing so.

Thanks for the response

Danger of striking

19 Oct 2019, 03:59

How about this perspective....
The ball is still in RMs court, they don't want to abide with previous agreements then they are letting the strike happen. The vote should show them the consequences, it's on them as much as us if we are to actually strike or not.

Danger of striking

19 Oct 2019, 07:51

First post

I know we probably need to strike, however the lads who work in rev pro are saying that we are losing customers hand over fist already. How do we get them back?

Danger of striking

19 Oct 2019, 10:23

Thoughts??

You may well find that the public are on our side if it is reported in the press that we are not striking over pay, rather that we are striking over protecting our jobs and the national institution of having a friendly Post-person deliver a letter to their door 6 days a week across the UK for the same price; something our competitors will never achieve so it will be gone.
Unfortunately it is likely to be mis-reported that we are striking because of greed instead of protecting this amazing service and I know it is difficult but we need to keep up with social media about the unabating pressure we are being put under every day come rain or shine.

A note of caution though; be careful what you say if you are approached by the press and public as we are contractually obliged to reveal nothing about our work practices.
2 members at my DO have been done for saying things on social media.
Take precautions such as make your Facebook profile as private as possible as our manager sits happily in the warm trawling through Facebook profiles of members for breaches of contract while we are breaking our backs trying to do a professional job under pretty terrible circumstances.
This is what the fight is about:
The culture that has developed by management towards members; the breach of a legally binding agreement and the protection of the USO and not just that, as Terry Pullinger said "this is sending a clear message to working people across the country that we are just not going to take this kind of thing anymore.
If we defeat Back then it sets a precedent for all other unions across the nation.
WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!
RICO BACK GO BACK!

Danger of striking

22 Oct 2019, 19:40

Largely dependent on the timing of any industrial action it is pretty much an impossibility that Rico Back will change direction on any of his plans for the business. Therefore I would say it is almost guaranteed we will have to go on strike unless maybe we announce a major stoppage such as everyone on strike for a whole week. To my mind the planned changes are so destructive that the announcement of this kind of action, only once talks have totally broken down, is the only option available to us.
So in short do your online Xmas shopping before the middle of November and if you can do some overtime now to cover the shortfall in wages when striking then do so.

Danger of striking

23 Oct 2019, 20:46

Sir Henry wrote:If you can't hit the c***s, hit the c***s where it hurts.
RM do not believe in a fair days pay for a fair days work.
They believe in bonuses for the top brass and hedge fund managers at our expense.
Remember the colleague share scheme, I mean scam? Remember the unnecessary unscheduled profit warning that enabled Baron Greenback to hoover up more cut price shares?
Any part of the agreement in their favour is enforced whilst anything in our favour is undermined, worked around or blatantly ignored.
In war and chess there will be casualties and sacrifices.
Power to the people!
Next stop Marble Arch!
Go to work on an egg!
Strap me to a tree and call me Brenda!
After you with the gluebag!
I'll 'ave 'alf!
I 'ate you Butler!

Couple of points . How is royal mail paying hedge fund managers? And the profit warning has to be announced, it's the law. It's entirely normal for a company CEO to purchase shares when they can to try boost invester confidence in their company. Also plenty of royal mail employees have also been 'hoovering' up shares at cut prices.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2