not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

is it a howler giving us a POSTAL vote?

06 Oct 2019, 07:05

How easy would it be for Rico to send some managers to the mail centre nearest to where the CWU are sending the votes to be counted and then intercept them, hold a few thousand back until after the deadline so as the turnout falls below whats required?

And before anyone says that's illegal, the first line of this weeks courier is along the lines of the business must implement these changes at any cost, Dont think Ricos that bothered about a little thing like legality

06 Oct 2019, 08:08

The Conservatives' anti-union legislation requires strike ballots to be postal.
I seem to remember that the 'Way Forward Agreement' was only carried narrowly, and a couple of Yorkies of postal votes were found after the ballot closed, which might have made a difference.

06 Oct 2019, 11:05

I understand your concerns, but if voting via an online portal were permitted, how would that play out in the media? ‘Union claiming to defend postal services doesn’t trust the postal service to not lose ballot papers!’
Plus, I’d argue that online voting might actually be easier to manipulate

06 Oct 2019, 12:49

As a manager would you risk your job, your pension and possible prosecution to interfere with a legal industrial ballot?

This is real tinfoil hat stuff...

06 Oct 2019, 14:33

wandle wrote:I understand your concerns, but if voting via an online portal were permitted, how would that play out in the media? ‘Union claiming to defend postal services doesn’t trust the postal service to not lose ballot papers!’
Plus, I’d argue that online voting might actually be easier to manipulate

Isn't online voting used for electing CWU national and regional officer positions? It is used for Labour Party regional and national officer elections.
They are conducted by the Electoral Reform Society (as are CWU postal ballots), so should be safe enough.
I think political elections, Council, Mayoral, General Elections etc should also be conducted online, as well as physically. I think it would encourage greater participation, especially among younger people who seem to use the internet far more than older people who could still vote in polling stations if they want to.

06 Oct 2019, 15:28

Perhaps every ballot paper should been tracked. :nana :nana

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1