not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Strike money

29 Sep 2019, 15:56

A number of people have asked if they get paid to strike, obviously the answer is no but years ago you used to get strike money, why don't you anymore out of interest? Has it been banned or can the union not afford it?

Strike money

29 Sep 2019, 16:15

Seymour Buts wrote:A number of people have asked if they get paid to strike, obviously the answer is no but years ago you used to get strike money, why don't you anymore out of interest? Has it been banned or can the union not afford it?

I've never been paid strike momey

Strike money

29 Sep 2019, 16:46

Seymour Buts wrote:A number of people have asked if they get paid to strike, obviously the answer is no but years ago you used to get strike money, why don't you anymore out of interest? Has it been banned or can the union not afford it?

I think legislation was passed in the early 80's to outlaw strike payments along with secondary picketing. I also believe legislation was also passed at the time to limit the amount of picketers to 4 on a picket line at any one time.

Strike money

29 Sep 2019, 19:34

Marshamp11 wrote:

I think legislation was passed in the early 80's to outlaw strike payments along with secondary picketing. I also believe legislation was also passed at the time to limit the amount of picketers to 4 on a picket line at any one time.

https://www.gov.uk/industrial-action-st ... -picketing

The Code of Practice on picketing says usually there should be no more than 6 people outside an entrance to a workplace.

but also (from same document):

As regards the criminal law the police have considerable discretionary powers to
limit the number of pickets at any one place where they have reasonable cause
to fear disorder. The law does not impose a specific limit on the number of
people who may picket at any one place;
nor does this Code affect in any was
the discretion of the police to limit the number of people on a particular picket
line. It is for the police to decide, taking into account all the circumstances,
whether the number of pickets at any particular place provides reasonable
grounds for the belief that a breach of the peace is likely to occur

Strike money

30 Sep 2019, 17:56

we were out for about 18 days in 1995 or 96. we got 50 quid. I remember the rep gave us each a cheque for the money out of the boot of his car as we all crowded round. but that was then....not sure about now.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1