not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE



Thomas Cook.

29 Sep 2019, 15:06

Thomas Cook.
A UK based company known to be badly run for a number of years even though the workforce no doubt do their best if not work their ***** off day in day out. The CEO is based in Switzerland and has been paid millions of pounds in wages and, admittedly less valuable free shares, over a number of years. He is indignant, if not arrogant, and is of the view he has done a good job and is worthy of the renumeration he has received.

Does this remind you of another UK based company??

Thomas Cook.

29 Sep 2019, 16:27

*ponders*

Erm, no mate, give us a clue?? :hmmmm

Thomas Cook.

29 Sep 2019, 20:58

Cannot name it or the CEO do we work in it?

Thomas Cook.

29 Sep 2019, 21:21

k979aaa wrote:Cannot name it or the CEO do we work in it?

Managers definitley don't..

Thomas Cook.

30 Sep 2019, 15:10

Now its privatised, they will rape the company year on year and then retire or let the company go bust and also retire.

Another reason to vote YES

Thomas Cook.

02 Oct 2019, 19:04

There are a few parallels and not just because the CEO is on fat cat wages and is bagging the loot with bonuses. Thomas Cook failed to modernise and I read somewhere that only 1 in 7 people actually booked holidays in a travel agent as most holidays booked online were cheaper. The biggest difference though is that Thomas Cook didn't own its hotels and airplanes, whereas Royal Mail still has plenty of assets on its balance sheet. That being said whilst Royal Mail are watching what the immediate competition are doing - couriers like TNT, DHL, myHermes, Yodel - its really the companies like Amazon that we should be mindful of. They account for nearly 50% of online sales and have their own delivery network. Worst still we are delivering their parcels to the areas of the country that they won't deliver to because its not cost effective (using Royal Mail instead). So they are in effect doing what TNT were doing with letters - cherry picking.

Thomas Cook.

03 Oct 2019, 19:37

postslippete wrote:There are a few parallels and not just because the CEO is on fat cat wages and is bagging the loot with bonuses. Thomas Cook failed to modernise and I read somewhere that only 1 in 7 people actually booked holidays in a travel agent as most holidays booked online were cheaper. The biggest difference though is that Thomas Cook didn't own its hotels and airplanes, whereas Royal Mail still has plenty of assets on its balance sheet. That being said whilst Royal Mail are watching what the immediate competition are doing - couriers like TNT, DHL, myHermes, Yodel - its really the companies like Amazon that we should be mindful of. They account for nearly 50% of online sales and have their own delivery network. Worst still we are delivering their parcels to the areas of the country that they won't deliver to because its not cost effective (using Royal Mail instead). So they are in effect doing what TNT were doing with letters - cherry picking.

Regarding assets we don't own our own vehicle fleet either. Plus most of our buildings were sold and immediately leased back years ago. The main asset RM has is the knowledge base of us posties but RM have little respect or idea of it's existence. One day they will realize but by then it will be too late.

Thomas Cook.

17 Oct 2019, 21:22

Phantom wrote:Now its privatised, they will rape the company year on year and then retire or let the company go bust and also retire.

Another reason to vote YES

They will let the company go but and then retire. Your words. So we really have him over a barrel, us lowly posties going on strike, don't we. Most of us would face hardship if royal mail went under (look at Thomas Cook, it can happen), not sure the boss would suffer too much tbh.

Thomas Cook.

Yesterday, 17:49

rambo1 wrote:
Phantom wrote:Now its privatised, they will rape the company year on year and then retire or let the company go bust and also retire.

Another reason to vote YES

They will let the company go but and then retire. Your words. So we really have him over a barrel, us lowly posties going on strike, don't we. Most of us would face hardship if royal mail went under (look at Thomas Cook, it can happen), not sure the boss would suffer too much tbh.


Only if we do nothing. The board will move him on if they have any sense and the government will have to re-nationalise letter delivery if it gets in trouble via the tax payer, just like they do now with the trains through subsidies.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1