not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 10:20

Having read a lot from both sides I will be voting yes for strike action.
It does not mean we will have to go on strike though.
Cant see how else to get this dispute settled.
Anyone have any ideas how else it could be settled?

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 12:04

RM could stick to the four pillars agreement.

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 12:06

Indeed I always thought they wouldn't stick to it though
Managers seem to know of a agenda

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 12:22

Yes Royal Mail could be honourable.Its not like We are asking for anything that was not already agreed by them. We should have known better

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 13:05

Stick together we need a big yes vote and a big turnout support the c.w.u

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 15:07

Got my ballot today big fat cross on yes and already posted :nana

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 16:25

its a yes from me :thumbup

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 16:37

I have voted for every strike called for more than 25 years, in an attempt to stop the destruction of our jobs and preservation of the whole idea of Royal Mail. Despite my commitment to that I feel that the Union has always given in too easily, and will always accept what the company ultimately tells them. This is a game RMG plays, it gives an inch each time, allowing the union to claim victory. However just look at the reality of what happens, the company will always come back(and in recent times more regularly) with even more drastic changes. The job today has almost no resemblance to what it was when I joined as a result of effective Union collusion with the company. We are expected to do more work, we are constantly bullied my managers if we do the job by the book, and want to cut off. Vans are not suitable for the size of packets we now take. Our Pensions have been de-valued and we have to work longer to get them. loss of payments for DtD, later start times (that will have serious consequences for increasing skin cancer rates I believe),loss of shift allowances, effective electronic tagging of all, privatization. The list goes on, but I simply cannot list them all. So what exactly has the Union been up to all this time? When will the Union really draw a line in the sand. The Union really missed the boat the last time when we had overwhelming support for action but then messed it up legally, allowing the momentum to pass to the company. That led to this weak agreement that they are now trying to defend.
I will yet again vote for action, despite not actually being able to afford it any longer, But I will not expect anything from the Union except a rear guard action, as per recent history.
Just don't expect to have whatever concession the company may give to avoid a strike for long. Given the last mandate that the union had for a strike, we could have demanded much more, and actually may have put a stop to this race to the bottom. However it is the Union leaders and executive that seem to cave in. They do not even have the wit to go to the courts when an agreement is broken by the company. By contrast RMG ran as fast as they could to the courts to stop the last strike, citing a previous no strike deal that the Union and had ridiculously agreed to.

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 17:04

CPTNemoUK wrote:Got my ballot today big fat cross on yes and already posted :nana

Our union guy said give it him & he will get it posted? Is that normal practice?

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 17:07

Flashman_ wrote:I have voted for every strike called for more than 25 years, in an attempt to stop the destruction of our jobs and preservation of the whole idea of Royal Mail. Despite my commitment to that I feel that the Union has always given in too easily, and will always accept what the company ultimately tells them. This is a game RMG plays, it gives an inch each time, allowing the union to claim victory. However just look at the reality of what happens, the company will always come back(and in recent times more regularly) with even more drastic changes. The job today has almost no resemblance to what it was when I joined as a result of effective Union collusion with the company. We are expected to do more work, we are constantly bullied my managers if we do the job by the book, and want to cut off. Vans are not suitable for the size of packets we now take. Our Pensions have been de-valued and we have to work longer to get them. loss of payments for DtD, later start times (that will have serious consequences for increasing skin cancer rates I believe),loss of shift allowances, effective electronic tagging of all, privatization. The list goes on, but I simply cannot list them all. So what exactly has the Union been up to all this time? When will the Union really draw a line in the sand. The Union really missed the boat the last time when we had overwhelming support for action but then messed it up legally, allowing the momentum to pass to the company. That led to this weak agreement that they are now trying to defend.
I will yet again vote for action, despite not actually being able to afford it any longer, But I will not expect anything from the Union except a rear guard action, as per recent history.
Just don't expect to have whatever concession the company may give to avoid a strike for long. Given the last mandate that the union had for a strike, we could have demanded much more, and actually may have put a stop to this race to the bottom. However it is the Union leaders and executive that seem to cave in. They do not even have the wit to go to the courts when an agreement is broken by the company. By contrast RMG ran as fast as they could to the courts to stop the last strike, citing a previous no strike deal that the Union and had ridiculously agreed to.

i agree with your concerns over the cwu's ability to negotiate, and feel this outcome will depend on the board & major shareholders backing of mr back not the unions input, they will always fight unions as it means sharing their greed,
there will surely be a backlash if black friday, xmas and an almost certain general election are severely disrupted by strikes in nov/dec
i've already voted yes, the biggest Q will the young p/t who maybe are in stop gap jobs who rely on overtime to make a living strike?
this outcome will probably be the do'or'die of royal mail as we know it

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 17:24

twoloops wrote:
Our union guy said give it him & he will get it posted? Is that normal practice?

No.
If you vote is none of their business.

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 17:25

Vote YES - and this time don't accept flimsy, crap agreements like last time - the union screwed up and then talked 9 out of 10 people into accepting the crap deal :arrrghhh . Stay strong this time or you have no reason to complain if we get shafted.

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 19:31

Ive put the yes vote but here is a question.

If it goes to industrial action it sort of scares me to actually do that. I will, but ive never been through anything like this and its sort of in the back of my mind that the manager will give us a hard time when we return (not directly to do with the strikes but another excuse maybe). I know at least a fifth of the office will not strike and these are the managers puppets. I know this is something to protect our future and im there but ours is a small office and I dont want these manager's to have a trick up their sleeve. Just put my mind at rest.

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 19:37

Should we all have recieved our ballots today no one in our office recieved any.

Yes vote

25 Sep 2019, 19:51

Vote YES or bend over for ever

Even if your the manager's pet

They can't save your terms and conditions

The list could go on for ages

Vote YES.

Weriseagain#

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4