not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Are you ready to back the CWU in this fight?

Poll ended at 16 Oct 2019, 10:53

YES
90%
NO
10%

Total votes : 487

Who's ready to take industrial action?

20 Sep 2019, 17:41

rogersh wrote:As external mediation has now commenced it may be that we hear less from both sides for the next seven weeks.

SEVEN weeks? that takes us beyond October 8. if we strike before the mediation is finished won't it end up with the union in court. AGAIN?

20 Sep 2019, 17:54

i just hope i still have a job in my unit if the uso goes

20 Sep 2019, 18:22

daveyeff wrote:
rogersh wrote:As external mediation has now commenced it may be that we hear less from both sides for the next seven weeks.

SEVEN weeks? that takes us beyond October 8. if we strike before the mediation is finished won't it end up with the union in court. AGAIN?

I have copied & pasted this post from "The Dispute" at board index. Note; the end date & result of the ballot has been extended to 15th October

External Mediation SWW
Postby Martin Walsh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:01 pm

The Mediation process takes 7 weeks and it starting on Tuesday when the CWU presented the Independent mediator Roy Lewis with our submission.

Our submission covers a number of demands over the issue of the dispute ranging from extending our legal guarantees, agreeing a different parcel pipeline , supporting and extending the USO , resolving the culture issues , ensuring the digital technology being used for resourcing and the achievement of the hour off the working week.

The earliest there can be strike action is 20th November just in time for Black Friday and cyber Monday.
Martin Walsh

20 Sep 2019, 19:04

just seen an update by Terry P. apparently Rico didn't turn up. :roll: shows he's got no interest whatsoever.

20 Sep 2019, 19:28

daveyeff wrote:just seen an update by Terry P. apparently Rico didn't turn up. :roll: shows he's got no interest whatsoever.

Did anyone think he was going to be there?
Did he say he was going to be there?
Who was there from the union?

20 Sep 2019, 20:08

The childish propaganda was embarrassing last time . Remember the ones telling you not to strike etc on youre pda? Some of our members in our office dont know what the disputes about, we need to go to town on this or let this guy destroy our jobs and lives as they are at mo . . Need to get the public on our side too big time

20 Sep 2019, 20:57

The SWW, whilst its a welcome hourly increase for part-timers, all its going to do right here and now is put more pressure on full-time posties. The CWU drive to 35 is a pipe dream at the moment because indoor savings just haven't been made plus it doesn't give Royal Mail any scope for their profitable lapsing. Bit worrying about whats happening with ParcelForce what with TUPE and all that, although judging by the number of bigger parcels we have been delivering just recently I'm wondering if we have been doing their work anyway.

The other issue is that of the USO and if Ofcom allows Royal Mail to drop to a 5 day week USO could that put the CWU into a different bargaining position? Surely if our regulating body agrees to it then wouldn't it be in the best interests of the CWU to try and find a way to try and negotiate with it?? All I'm hearing from the Union is that 20,000 jobs would be go and they may instead just need a Plan B.

In spite of all this though I'm voting YES because Rico doesn't seem to be playing ball at the moment. Lets just keep things quiet and ticking over.

20 Sep 2019, 22:30

Chelseablue wrote:The childish propaganda was embarrassing last time . Remember the ones telling you not to strike etc on youre pda? Some of our members in our office dont know what the disputes about, we need to go to town on this or let this guy destroy our jobs and lives as they are at mo . . Need to get the public on our side too big time

How can you go to town on this if members in your office dont know what dispute is about never mind the public knowing what its about ffs..

21 Sep 2019, 03:58

I will it is not for just my pay and conditions but for all of us we need an agreement and we need these people whom cannot abide by the last agreement that they should take their heads out of the trough and look at the workers US all and negotiate and respect US all and not treat US as cannon fodder for their hedonistic ambitions in life!

21 Sep 2019, 16:59

100 % to stand on the gate , lets not mess about with the 1 or 2 days lets go for all out for as long as it takes to sort this company out , and show Rico we aren't all idiots and they cant do what they want when they want , :thumbup

21 Sep 2019, 18:18

worktotime wrote:100 % to stand on the gate , lets not mess about with the 1 or 2 days lets go for all out for as long as it takes to sort this company out , and show Rico we aren't all idiots and they cant do what they want when they want , :thumbup

Thats all well and good but look at what happened to british leyland in the 70s - the customers just went elsewhere and there werent any jobs to go back to.

21 Sep 2019, 19:11

aiden01 wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:The childish propaganda was embarrassing last time . Remember the ones telling you not to strike etc on youre pda? Some of our members in our office dont know what the disputes about, we need to go to town on this or let this guy destroy our jobs and lives as they are at mo . . Need to get the public on our side too big time

How can you go to town on this if members in your office dont know what dispute is about never mind the public knowing what its about ffs..

I have received a two CWU mailings today, one from the district branch & one outlining "what is at stake/vote yes" . Assuming every member was sent & reads these communications, then all should be aware of what the dispute is about.

21 Sep 2019, 19:41

rogersh wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

I have received a two CWU mailings today, one from the district branch & one outlining "what is at stake/vote yes" . Assuming every member was sent & reads these communications, then all should be aware of what the dispute is about.

Not had any communication and they have my e mail and am a member. But I know this strike is for us all and will back it for a future of the forma GLS management is what we are against we don't want hours based contracts on a day to day basis!

21 Sep 2019, 19:44

bakersdozen wrote:I won't bother voting

You won't be alone. Hard to work out what some folk want sometimes.

21 Sep 2019, 19:56

afcdibby wrote:

The very fact of the matter is your say counts voting is a privilege some in the world don't get use you vote wisely as forces from the powers that be at the helm are running us aground on a cliff face!

21 Sep 2019, 20:15

k979aaa wrote:
afcdibby wrote:

The very fact of the matter is your say counts voting is a privilege some in the world don't get use you vote wisely as forces from the powers that be at the helm are running us aground on a cliff face!

And what about those hard working employees who aren't in the CWU?

21 Sep 2019, 20:25

afcdibby wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
afcdibby wrote:

If you don't fight, whether you're in the CWU or not then you will lose and the hard working employees will be on the dole. Do you want that?

21 Sep 2019, 21:08

afcdibby wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
afcdibby wrote:

Unionisation bought the rights of all standards of employment health and safety and representation of the people and thus the 1946 Labour government which bought in the NHS. Now we are faced with the destruction of the NHS so we can be sold to the USA and their corrupt companies who sell us the drugs at 3 times the price of now as they are passing the cost of litigation onto us all in the UK!

21 Sep 2019, 21:57

k979aaa wrote:
afcdibby wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
afcdibby wrote:

Unionisation bought the rights of all standards of employment health and safety and representation of the people and thus the 1946 Labour government which bought in the NHS. Now we are faced with the destruction of the NHS so we can be sold to the USA and their corrupt companies who sell us the drugs at 3 times the price of now as they are passing the cost of litigation onto us all in the UK!

Doesn't really answer the original question though.

21 Sep 2019, 22:16

afcdibby wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
afcdibby wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
afcdibby wrote:

Doesn't really answer the original question though.

Well if you feel thus empowered you can negotiate all your terms and conditions yourself and good luck with that.

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6