not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Are you ready to back the CWU in this fight?

Poll ended at 16 Oct 2019, 10:53

YES
90%
NO
10%

Total votes : 487

Who's ready to take industrial action?

18 Sep 2019, 17:34

What has this once great job become?

18 Sep 2019, 17:36

I’m thinking it’s gonna take more than a big yes vote this time round.Maybe one day of industrial action just to prove our resolve

18 Sep 2019, 17:43

DGH wrote:I'll vote yes.

But I fear that the CWU persisting with demanding a shorter working week and also resisting increased use of PDA actuals will play into RM's hands. While there are legitimate concerns about PDA actuals, if we have the right to access our own actuals in our own defence then there is less to be frightened of.

I also think that we'll get a decent vote in favour. RM will then ask to go into further talks (over the Christmas period). Then in the new year they'll offer a s**t deal involving a few hundred quid and a small pay rise, together with some non-binding promises concerning working conditions, which the CWU will advise us to accept. And we will.

I'd add that if people want to vote no, abusing them is hardly going to encourage them to change their minds.

That bold bit is what usually happens isn't it? They offer a couple of hundred quid and people are blinded by the pound signs and that deal is accepted. This mostly ends up in short-term gain, long-term pain as once you've spent your blood money then that's it.

18 Sep 2019, 18:27

kookoo32 wrote:
DGH wrote:I'll vote yes.

But I fear that the CWU persisting with demanding a shorter working week and also resisting increased use of PDA actuals will play into RM's hands. While there are legitimate concerns about PDA actuals, if we have the right to access our own actuals in our own defence then there is less to be frightened of.

I also think that we'll get a decent vote in favour. RM will then ask to go into further talks (over the Christmas period). Then in the new year they'll offer a s**t deal involving a few hundred quid and a small pay rise, together with some non-binding promises concerning working conditions, which the CWU will advise us to accept. And we will.

I'd add that if people want to vote no, abusing them is hardly going to encourage them to change their minds.

That bold bit is what usually happens isn't it? They offer a couple of hundred quid and people are blinded by the pound signs and that deal is accepted. This mostly ends up in short-term gain, long-term pain as once you've spent your blood money then that's it.

I wouldn’t blame the workforce for this , what usually happens is the Cwu recommend we accept the deal which is basically saying this is as good as it gets.

18 Sep 2019, 19:14

I've applied to the supreme court to have the result of this poll set aside on the basis that it is funded by Putin.

18 Sep 2019, 19:23

I won't bother voting

18 Sep 2019, 19:59

bakersdozen wrote:I won't bother voting

Why??

18 Sep 2019, 20:15

bakersdozen wrote:I won't bother voting

bad attitude and you lose the right to complain about your job and your terms and conditions. The cwu is there to protect your job and your income remember that

18 Sep 2019, 22:25

TBT. You blocked a post by me a few years ago that wasn’t in agreement with yours. You shut down members as I was back in the day! Isnt that undemocrative?

19 Sep 2019, 10:07

daveyeff wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
miles_peters wrote:name and shame the NO voters on this poll. disgrace!

No, what is a disgrace is people who live in a Democracy, and then post such drivel when other people disagree with them.

Apart from that, I am sure it's against the law anyway.

like ''remoaners'' you mean? :silenced

I think you reinforced my point - remoaners is so childish. As is calling remains traitors, people voting different can only be traitors in a totalitarian state, is that what people want.

19 Sep 2019, 10:25

bitterpill wrote:TBT. You blocked a post by me a few years ago that wasn’t in agreement with yours. You shut down members as I was back in the day! Isnt that undemocrative?

I have checked back it was POSTMAN who has your posts on Moderation.

Mainly because you fell foul consistently of the no abuse rule, calling people cretins, arse lickers and then the series of anti-strike posts which looked designed to wind people up came under the "Requiring Moderation" rule.

Ergo your posts if they weren't abusive were left alone, for instance, look at your 1970s post it's still there.

19 Sep 2019, 15:34

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bitterpill wrote: look at your 1970s post it's still there.

wow, rmc was going back in the 70's :left:

19 Sep 2019, 20:26

world class male wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bitterpill wrote: look at your 1970s post it's still there.

wow, rmc was going back in the 70's :left:

Yeah we all had longer hair and uniform trousers were more flared !

19 Sep 2019, 20:35

I'm ready for industrial action but only because our shitole is so understaffed I've worked my last 5 days off to bank money to cover any forthcoming strike days off, as a side note I'm mid fifties,just done 20 yrs service and not long ago thought I was a "lifer" but tbh I'm now dreading what's around the corner for us in this now soon to be totally fuct up job !

19 Sep 2019, 20:51

does anybody know when we will be receiving the actual facts regarding what royal mail want the work force to do instead of Chinese whispers if VR was offered to delivery staff there would be a que a mile long.

19 Sep 2019, 21:15

billycat wrote:does anybody know when we will be receiving the actual facts regarding what royal mail want the work force to do instead of Chinese whispers if VR was offered to delivery staff there would be a que a mile long.

I'd say the Chinese whispers are pretty accurate as regards what RM don't want which is delivering the unprofitable items such as letters every day especially to remote locations, hence they want shut of the USO, so they can concentrate on separating letters from parcels where they can see lots of profit to be made especially if the workers are on an inferior pay package to the one we're currently on.

19 Sep 2019, 22:36

billycat wrote:does anybody know when we will be receiving the actual facts regarding what royal mail want the work force to do instead of Chinese whispers if VR was offered to delivery staff there would be a que a mile long.

If vr was offered to any staff del or mc there would be a queue miles long not goung to happen though..

20 Sep 2019, 04:59

The fact RM are not saying anything seems to be making a lot of people uneasy. As the union have already stated this is a tactic RM are using to try and lower the yes vote. Somehow the CWU big boys are going to have to flush them out!

20 Sep 2019, 07:15

As external mediation has now commenced it may be that we hear less from both sides for the next seven weeks.

20 Sep 2019, 14:40

During the last ballot RM bombarded us with propoganda, it was sickeningly condescending and patronising written in the language of a 6 year old.

This strategy which some clown was probably paid a fortune to come up with backfired spectacularly with a huge turnout and yes vote.

This time they're keeping quiet, if we manage the same again their whole strategy department might spontaneously combust with all that head scratching.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6