not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Only Rico can win

09 Oct 2019, 21:42

I'm worried, for clarity I voted yes, but people in my office are asking what exactly would we be striking for??

The 1 hour off the working week - well they don't seem bothered at waiting a year for that

and rumors abound that when we get a yes vote and go out then they will let us stay out -and not let us back in until we agree new contracts which won't include many of the terms we have now

now I am no newbie, I have been in many disputes and strikes over the years, but I always knew why - I am struggling to give answers when they ask why they should lose wages

This campaign has not been very clear at all

Nobody on the shop floor seems to know why we would be striking and I fear many will just come in- HELP!

Only Rico can win

10 Oct 2019, 05:19

feduppostie wrote:This campaign has not been very clear at all

Nobody on the shop floor seems to know why we would be striking and I fear many will just come in- HELP!

I agree it hasn't been that well communicated (although I did get a CWU mailing before the ballot which covered the main points). I guess it also partly depends on your office/area reps.

There is info on the CWU website which includes links to some of the posters/mailings which list the reasons for the dispute.

e.g https://www.cwu.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/06267-17-RM-dispute-2019-DELIVERIES-a4.pdf

Only Rico can win

10 Oct 2019, 23:50

feduppostie wrote:I'm worried, for clarity I voted yes, but people in my office are asking what exactly would we be striking for??

The 1 hour off the working week - well they don't seem bothered at waiting a year for that

and rumors abound that when we get a yes vote and go out then they will let us stay out -and not let us back in until we agree new contracts which won't include many of the terms we have now

now I am no newbie, I have been in many disputes and strikes over the years, but I always knew why - I am struggling to give answers when they ask why they should lose wages

This campaign has not been very clear at all

Nobody on the shop floor seems to know why we would be striking and I fear many will just come in- HELP!

In this day and age, it is hard to understand people saying they don’t know what this dispute is about. They should make it a priority to find out!
Anyhow, I would tell them it’s never been more important to return a resounding Yes vote. Not just to send a message to Rico. People posting here that they are worried about some foreign company buying up Royal Mail need to realise that the coalition government privatised Royal Mail via a stock market flotation precisely because the likes of TNT, DHL, Deutsche Post and other potential buyers were put off by a combination of a high asking price and a unionised workforce, who they were unwilling to confront.
If we return a weak Yes vote on wishy-washy turnout, it won’t necessarily be Rico you’d have to be worried about. Think about it... a hostile takeover of Royal Mail, when the workforce are not backing their union becomes a realistic possibility. The share price is less than a third of what it was in May 2018 (631p), and around 40% less than the 330p flotation price. Add to that the weakness of sterling vs the euro, and a bidder might want to take a tilt at a weakened company with an apathetic workforce. They’d quickly want a return on their investment and would likely do all the things Rico wants to do and far more.
We have to send a message. Not just to management, but to any potential bidders keeping a keen eye on developments!!

Only Rico can win

15 Oct 2019, 19:28

magicw wrote:The hour was due in october but apparently efficency savings were not made which cwu agreed under the four pillars.. tat was my only gripe with current vote and i did vote yes..


Boils My piss this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Theres actually a poster up in our DLO , Looks like an Archery Target , blue Background. That Says " In 2019 Royal mail Exceeded all its delivery targets "

Couldn't resist Writing on it! " Were's our Feckin Second hour for SWW then? "

Think you are getting quality and efficiency mixed up .....

Only Rico can win

15 Oct 2019, 20:11

Killerbees wrote:
magicw wrote:The hour was due in october but apparently efficency savings were not made which cwu agreed under the four pillars.. tat was my only gripe with current vote and i did vote yes..


Boils My piss this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Theres actually a poster up in our DLO , Looks like an Archery Target , blue Background. That Says " In 2019 Royal mail Exceeded all its delivery targets "

Couldn't resist Writing on it! " Were's our Feckin Second hour for SWW then? "

Think you are getting quality and efficiency mixed up .....

People see what they want to see from a poster. This person wanted to see it as RM propaganda. Your take on it is obviously more rational and true.

Previous page Next page


Page 2 of 2   1, 2