not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Refuse to strike

11 Sep 2019, 15:49

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Gasman11 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:Just putting a question out there. How many of you that are willing to strike come in to work 5 mins or more early every day? How many of you don't have all your meal relief and how many run around with a bag on your back?
When the answer is 0% ,then I'll think about joining you. Until then, I ain't losing money standing beside people wrecking the job from the inside. Sorry.

I would hope that there's a growing realisation in all DOs now that there's no point coming in early and failing to utilise the proper delivery methods. Still going to take a little while for it fully sink in across the board but definitely getting there in ours anyway. Wouldnt it be better for you to talk to and motivate your colleagues about the errors of their ways rather than effectively giving your backhanded approval to Ricos plans.

Firstly I'm not backing Rico's plans and secondly in our office at least talking would be a waste of time.

First of all you are entitled to your opinion, but I would ask why would you expect errant colleagues to follow the Unions advice on what you posted, and then if the vote is Yes for a strike, you yourself state you will ignore the strike and work.

I'd turn it around and say why would anyone who doesn't follow the working protocols I listed, want to vote yes? They are obviously happy giving away money to royal mail and making their walks look do able to the PDA actuals, so why would they lose money striking when they are not helping either the union or their colleagues who do the job right? Why would they.........but they probably will. The fight should start with everyone doing the job right. You get people coming on here bragging how early they managed to get done and are panicking about having to work their full hrs (of which there is nothing wrong with) and it's them who fxxck it up for the rest of us. Well we could start by doing the job right but sadly I think that horse has bolted now.

Refuse to strike

12 Sep 2019, 06:34

rambo1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Gasman11 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:Just putting a question out there. How many of you that are willing to strike come in to work 5 mins or more early every day? How many of you don't have all your meal relief and how many run around with a bag on your back?
When the answer is 0% ,then I'll think about joining you. Until then, I ain't losing money standing beside people wrecking the job from the inside. Sorry.

I would hope that there's a growing realisation in all DOs now that there's no point coming in early and failing to utilise the proper delivery methods. Still going to take a little while for it fully sink in across the board but definitely getting there in ours anyway. Wouldnt it be better for you to talk to and motivate your colleagues about the errors of their ways rather than effectively giving your backhanded approval to Ricos plans.

Firstly I'm not backing Rico's plans and secondly in our office at least talking would be a waste of time.

First of all you are entitled to your opinion, but I would ask why would you expect errant colleagues to follow the Unions advice on what you posted, and then if the vote is Yes for a strike, you yourself state you will ignore the strike and work.

I'd turn it around and say why would anyone who doesn't follow the working protocols I listed, want to vote yes? They are obviously happy giving away money to royal mail and making their walks look do able to the PDA actuals, so why would they lose money striking when they are not helping either the union or their colleagues who do the job right? Why would they.........but they probably will. The fight should start with everyone doing the job right. You get people coming on here bragging how early they managed to get done and are panicking about having to work their full hrs (of which there is nothing wrong with) and it's them who fxxck it up for the rest of us. Well we could start by doing the job right but sadly I think that horse has bolted now.

NEVER SAY THAT SHITE AGAIN...YOU MIGHT AS WELL ROLL OVER AND ASK THE FAT CAT RICO TO SHAFT YOU GOOD AND PROPER YOU WET TWAT...STAND TOGETHER FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE MANY...BLOODY HELL, GET A GRIP O YERSEN!

Refuse to strike

12 Sep 2019, 11:48

rambo1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:First of all you are entitled to your opinion, but I would ask why would you expect errant colleagues to follow the Unions advice on what you posted, and then if the vote is Yes for a strike, you yourself state you will ignore the strike and work.

I'd turn it around and say why would anyone who doesn't follow the working protocols I listed, want to vote yes?

They are obviously happy giving away money to royal mail and making their walks look do able to the PDA actuals, so why would they lose money striking when they are not helping either the union or their colleagues who do the job right? Why would they.........but they probably will.

The fight should start with everyone doing the job right. You get people coming on here bragging how early they managed to get done and are panicking about having to work their full hrs (of which there is nothing wrong with) and it's them who fxxck it up for the rest of us.

Well we could start by doing the job right but sadly I think that horse has bolted now.

1. They may vote no.
2. I agree, and again they'll probably vote No.
3. It should and the Union and its members are trying to get everyone to do the job right. However, not everyone will follow the advice - its human nature.
4. Lead by example, show them its possible.

But the question still stands, and what happens if the people you mention do vote YES, and do strike, are you still prepared to go against the Unions mandate and cross the picket line.... This is a question I am not asking for myself, but it is one every postie and every union member needs to think about.

Go with your conscience, I'm going with mine.

Refuse to strike

14 Sep 2019, 03:22

The way I see this is it I not about a self serving interest once you cannot do the right thing by the people you represent you no longer command that respect let others who have the members interests at heart lead those who will follow and I am sure they will!

Refuse to strike

14 Sep 2019, 17:26

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:First of all you are entitled to your opinion, but I would ask why would you expect errant colleagues to follow the Unions advice on what you posted, and then if the vote is Yes for a strike, you yourself state you will ignore the strike and work.

I'd turn it around and say why would anyone who doesn't follow the working protocols I listed, want to vote yes?

They are obviously happy giving away money to royal mail and making their walks look do able to the PDA actuals, so why would they lose money striking when they are not helping either the union or their colleagues who do the job right? Why would they.........but they probably will.

The fight should start with everyone doing the job right. You get people coming on here bragging how early they managed to get done and are panicking about having to work their full hrs (of which there is nothing wrong with) and it's them who fxxck it up for the rest of us.

Well we could start by doing the job right but sadly I think that horse has bolted now.

1. They may vote no.
2. I agree, and again they'll probably vote No.
3. It should and the Union and its members are trying to get everyone to do the job right. However, not everyone will follow the advice - its human nature.
4. Lead by example, show them its possible.

But the question still stands, and what happens if the people you mention do vote YES, and do strike, are you still prepared to go against the Unions mandate and cross the picket line.... This is a question I am not asking for myself, but it is one every postie and every union member needs to think about.

Go with your conscience, I'm going with mine.

True blue, thanks for your considered response. 'work' .... I shall not waste words on you.

Refuse to strike

28 Sep 2019, 12:06

spartakus wrote:
Pidleypoo wrote:Why would they and why are they a rep if they don’t understand why a strike is necessary?

The people that work in this company amaze me sometimes.

What reasons do they have for not striking btw ?

He says he can’t afford to strike. Then I’m thinking he get paid to be union rep?!

when i was a union rep 3 years ago i was paid £50 for a year many union reps receive less or nothing it depends on your branchand you were paid your costs for travelling and lunch for union meetings you had to keep your receipts

everybody is in the same boat i was the same when i worked at Royal Mail i couldn't afford to strike either ... but i did i didn't want mine or my colleagues pay and conditions, Pensions etc to plummet ... somethings are worth fighting for to stop Royal Mail management walking all over the workforce/membership .. given half a chance they will do just that

Refuse to strike

28 Sep 2019, 16:06

If we don't stick together Rico will smash this great union as the late Bob Crow once said if you fight you might loose but if you don't fight you'll always loose.

Refuse to strike

28 Sep 2019, 20:08

Mike1259 wrote:If we don't stick together Rico will smash this great union as the late Bob Crow once said if you fight you might loose but if you don't fight you'll always loose.

I defo would'nt say great union but hopefully there is a big yes vote :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2